Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-22, 09:55 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,237 Likes on 864 Posts

Megan Racing calipers!! Very nice Gerry!!
Old 08-29-22, 07:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Megan Racing calipers!! Very nice Gerry!!
Thanks Craig …a huge difference with its stopping power . I can’t be more happier with these 6 pistons calipers with 355mm rotors for the fronts and 4 pistons calipers with 345mm rotors for the rears !

Spending a huge great of time in my place up North East of Atlanta so cleaned my SCs that were there .

Last edited by gerrb; 08-29-22 at 07:11 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gerrb:
joewitafro (08-29-22), KahnBB6 (08-29-22)
Old 08-29-22, 09:02 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

I can't help but get giddy seeing the views in your driveway. Lookin really good out there Gerry!
Old 08-29-22, 06:29 PM
KahnBB6

Such good looking SC's! I don't know how you choose which one to drive as they ALL seem to say,"Today it's MY turn! Drive me!"
Old 10-04-22, 03:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RudysSC
I can't help but get giddy seeing the views in your driveway. Lookin really good out there Gerry!
thanks Rudy 🤗

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Such good looking SC's! I don't know how you choose which one to drive as they ALL seem to say,"Today it's MY turn! Drive me!"
Every time am up there in Atlanta , I at least try to drive them all around to get the fluids going , Craig 😉 .

Been working on the black interior of my current project. All the other 3 have great interiors so this one should also have one . I got it with a tan interior. The old black interior was sold by former owner and after more research , I found out that it was an original black on black car so it is now back to an all black interior. .

I also have extra black interior like dashboard , door panels, , carpet , seat , etc. that I will post at the marketplace today. It isn’t easy anymore finding original black interior in great shape so a chance for those looking for good black interior to grab them .

Last edited by gerrb; 10-04-22 at 04:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (10-04-22)
Old 10-04-22, 08:48 PM
KahnBB6

I know you, Gerry You take very good care of them all regularly You're giving that SC good finishing touches, restoring its interior back to factory black. If I could jump on your black interior parts right now I would. I just spent some cash on more OEM spare 2JZ-GTE service parts for the long haul. Don't get me wrong, I like my mostly restored tan interior but I might try black later if I can find all the parts needed (and a set of black MKIV Supra seats to restore). Tan isn't the easiest to keep clean.
gerrb (12-15-22)
Old 11-30-22, 02:20 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I haven't been on here in like 5 years, and I knew for sure by now, that this thread would have reached over 5 million. Boy, I was wrong. lol lol

Call me sometime Jerry. Same number.
The following 4 users liked this post by 1JZPWRD:
gerrb (12-15-22), KahnBB6 (12-01-22), RudysSC (12-02-22), ThomasGS4 (12-21-22)
Old 12-01-22, 11:45 AM
KahnBB6

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I haven't been on here in like 5 years, and I knew for sure by now, that this thread would have reached over 5 million. Boy, I was wrong. lol lol

Call me sometime Jerry. Same number.

Good to see you back here!
gerrb (12-15-22)
Old 12-14-22, 03:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

1JZPWRD - It was nice talking to you again Mark ! I too have been busy in the past two years with something else that wasn't even related with cars or my JZ toys in particular as Craig (KahnBB6) knows. I pop up here every now and then whenever I can. Hoping I can do it more regularly as we all did years back when we were all busy building our toys spending a better part of the days on this forum.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-14-22 at 04:01 AM.
Old 12-14-22, 04:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

As some knows , still have an SC project working on . I was loosing interest on it but everytime I pop up on this forum , I remember the good old days of these car forums when these social media sites like facebook , instagram, twitter were either non existent or had just started and gives me a motivation… work on it . It has still a long way to go .

I also still have my running original 1997 SC300 5 speed that had a vvti NA-T , since a guy in AZ who gave me a deposit never came to pick it up . So asked myself how I can make it better . It is a very reliable car … starts and runs in whatever weather , time and what not but I tend to seldom use it because it makes me want more power for it just like my other toys.

To make the story short , I decided to work on its engine management system before upgrading other stuff for more power. Installing an AEM Infinity ecu was the goal. I found a vvti patch harness that came with an AEM FIC 6 online and a crazy idea popped out of my mind …make a patch harness with a lot of flexibility being able to use different ecus 🤔 ????

Now I got a patch harness , that without it , you just run the stock JDM 6speed gte vvti ecu or an aristo gte vvti ecu , if you just want to bump it up with bigger injectors without all the other functionalities of an aftermarket ecu … use the AEM FIC 6 … if you want the AEM infinity 506 / 508 , for which I originally made it for , just plug in that ecu . Then I said what if I want a Proefi 128 … so I added the proefi connectors too . I guess being retired for 9 years now since I was 50 gives me a lot of time in my hands that I need to keep myself busy or I get bored 🤣😂 .

Of course you can only plug in and use one ECU at a time

I just realized how capable an AEM FIC 6 is as a piggy back . Of course you can’t compare it with real stand alone aftermarket ecus. But as a piggy back , with its price point , it can hold its own compared to other piggy backs . Just got to learn well all its functionalities to get the best out of it . My favourite cheap ( you can find them second hand at good prices since they are old… got mine like I just paid for the vvti patch harness and the FIC came free ) but with great functionalities piggy back to date ! Searching through the net , most negative comments I read about it is caused by not understanding well and using the pertinent functionalities for one's particular needs . Then some comparing it to the functionalities one can get out of real stand alone ecu. Those are apples to oranges comparison, you just can't. You want the functionality of an aftermarket ecu , spend on one ... ecu/sensors and tuning costs . I have spent so much time researching , installing, tinkering and using this FIC 6 and again for its price point / functionalities , hands down my choice for a piggy right now.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-15-22 at 04:07 AM.
KahnBB6 (12-14-22)
Old 12-14-22, 12:54 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Gerry - always appreciate your updates and love your projects. I'm only sad that you're not closer so that I can come over and tinker with you!
KahnBB6 (12-14-22)
Old 12-14-22, 01:06 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Gerry - always appreciate your updates and love your projects. I'm only sad that you're not closer so that I can come over and tinker with you!
You know you can move here to GA where you have more favorable days out of the 365 days of the year to play with your cars compared to CO 🤪🤣😂 .
Old 12-14-22, 01:59 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Haha, don't tempt me! With the new biz I'll be stuck here until I pay off my SBA loan, but you're certainly putting ideas in my head for future retired Rudy lol.

PS - if you ever end up with an extra VVTI compatible standalone let me know
Bimmerbill (12-14-22)
Old 12-14-22, 03:17 PM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 327 Likes on 253 Posts

Rudy,
That is a great idea, would love to come and visit. When I visit I never stay more than a couple of months at a time. I bet we could get some of those guys from south Florida like Craig, "V", Nick just to name a few to come also. Think about it.
Bill
The following 2 users liked this post by Bimmerbill:
KahnBB6 (12-14-22), RudysSC (12-15-22)
Old 12-14-22, 03:46 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 504 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
You know you can move here to GA where you have more favorable days out of the 365 days of the year to play with your cars compared to CO 🤪🤣😂 .
Haha, don't tempt me! With the new biz I'll be stuck here until I pay off my SBA loan, but you're certainly putting ideas in my head for future retired Rudy lol.

It doesn't get much more beautiful than Colorado

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys