2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-22, 04:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Barbary
It doesn't get much more beautiful than Colorado
Being in mild climate states , doesn't stop you from visiting beautiful places like Colorado.

Just my opinion ... if you have a source of living ..you can do more in the course of the year in GA, where you don't have the harsh winters of the North , tornadoes of Midwest , Hurricanes of the gulf coast , pacific and atlantic (GA is in the Atlantic but seldom we do) . In short not a lot of nasty weather conditions through the course of the year. Of course that is just one aspect of life ... weather in the place you live. Cost of living and opportunities play a role too.

I love nature and road trips. I have driven through all states including Hawaii and Alaska except Washington ,Oregon , Idaho and Montana (still in my to do list) visiting their National and State Parks and their famous cities documenting every mile and every minute of the trips with a front and rear dash cams (wish I thought of having cams on both sides of the SUV too ) so I can go through them over and over in my leisure moments to reminisce the past. I believe I have shared some of the road trip videos of UT, CO, AZ to KahnBB6 and posted a link to them on this build thread maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I love that summer road trip the most so far. Colorado indeed is beautiful either in Summer or Winter ... been up and driven to a number of what they call Fourteeneers which includes Mt. Evans , the highest paved road in North America. Driven basically the whole of CO .. from the Great Sand Dunes of CO South East , then Pikes Peak , Denver to Aspen and all the way to Grand Junction in its West and all around the Rocky Mountains through Estes Park to Grand Lake in the North down to Durango through Telluride ... really beautiful road trip . Take note though that most roads that go to or passes through the Fourteeneers are closed at least half of the year due to snow and cleanup ...so plan your trip.

If you ask me though and you love nature without the distractions of modern life / technology ,and within the 48 US States, Utah can't be beat if you are looking for unmolested mother nature . Visit what they call the Mighty Five National Parks and a lot of their state parks plus take the back roads and not interstates, You will be rewarded with what Mother Nature can offer.... though there will be no cell service or communications so bring a GPS phone. . But this is just me ... feel free to say your opinion but let us not turn this build thread into a debate of which state is better . They are all good states. Every state offers something good. It is a subjective matter based on what one likes or wants and one's circumstances.

Back to topic, the AEM FIC 6 is so easy to setup and work on to get your car running with bigger injectors once it is wired properly and you try to understand every functionality of the piggy back. The AEM Infinity and most especially the ProEFI are different animals. They are for real tuners. Of course , you need to understand some tuning principles with the FIC 6 too to get your car run really well using its capabilities but a lot lot lot simpler than the aformentioned aftermarket ecus.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-16-22 at 04:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gerrb:
Bimmerbill (12-15-22), KahnBB6 (12-15-22)
Old 12-15-22, 07:55 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,202 Likes on 833 Posts

GA certainly sounds appealing... I've grown up here in CO and love it to death. I truly think it's one of the best places in the country. However, I've been lucky enough to travel through the states and countries abroad. I'm not open to leaving one day (Denver is so crazy busy and expensive now I could see myself growing tired of it). I will say, however, I'm NEVER sad to come home to CO. Except, maybe, when I came home from Kyoto

I'd love to visit one day and if I ever get the chance you'll be the first to know! Same goes to you - you've got my number and if you ever end up out this way I'll be sure to take you out for a night!
The following 2 users liked this post by RudysSC:
gerrb (12-16-22), KahnBB6 (12-15-22)
Old 12-15-22, 10:38 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,243 Likes on 866 Posts

You did indeed share several of your roadtrip dashcam videos with me Gerry! Beautiful views of the landscapes in those states your visited. Parts of your Utah and Colorado legs of the trip especially stood out to me. I'm not sure which page in my thread they are on but it was a few years ago. Really an amazing treat to get to see such things vicariously thanks to you!

Your multiple use wiring harness is exquisite work as always! Having that flexibility is really cool. Have you also considered the G-Force line of ECUs?

A lot of people on SupraForums talk about tuning those AEM Infinity and ProEFI 128 ECUs.... very serious hardware. The AEM FIC 6 is an interesting alternative as a piggyback ECU. Is it compatible with the USDM GTE ECUs as well as JDM GTE ECUs?
The following users liked this post:
gerrb (12-16-22)
Old 12-16-22, 03:53 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
You did indeed share several of your roadtrip dashcam videos with me Gerry! Beautiful views of the landscapes in those states your visited. Parts of your Utah and Colorado legs of the trip especially stood out to me. I'm not sure which page in my thread they are on but it was a few years ago. Really an amazing treat to get to see such things vicariously thanks to you!

Your multiple use wiring harness is exquisite work as always! Having that flexibility is really cool. Have you also considered the G-Force line of ECUs?

A lot of people on SupraForums talk about tuning those AEM Infinity and ProEFI 128 ECUs.... very serious hardware. The AEM FIC 6 is an interesting alternative as a piggyback ECU. Is it compatible with the USDM GTE ECUs as well as JDM GTE ECUs?
Thanks Craig . I always try to stay with what is widely used and well tested ECUs on our JZ platforms at Supraforums since as you well know my MKIVs had AEM and ProEFI ECUs. So I really have no idea nor considered the G-Force line of ECUs.

It was in 2018 summer when my wife and I took a road trip of AZ, NV , UT and CO. So it was that time I should have shared all the videos on that trip to you but I know I posted on this build thread a link for some videos specifically on the climb to Mt. Evans, highest paved road in North America and that of the beautiful Glenwood Canyon on I-70 between Denver and Grand Junction which was in my opinion an engineering marvel when it comes to road construction.

The AEM FIC 6 will work with any boosted car like the JZs either USDM or JDM version. I have seen a lot of IS people on MYIS use it. Even on the Tacoma and Honda world , I have seen a lot of threads when I was trying to learn all its features to maximize its use. Truly easy to use at least on my end. Well , I guess since I have been tinkering with my aftermarket ECUs (AEM /PROEFI) for a while already. I find it even easier than the Apexi S-AFC line of piggy backs honestly and yet more versatile and more powerful in my opinion.

Been conversing with Ali a lot lately on the phone through text messaging. I wanted to do another GE NA-T non vvti since I have a few very healthy 1996/1997 pre vvti engines. Learning a lot from him on these dizzy delete . As you guys know , been a GTE guy ever since I started playing on these JZs .

Last edited by gerrb; 12-16-22 at 07:27 AM.
KahnBB6 (12-16-22)
Old 12-16-22, 04:04 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Rudy , let me know when you are heading in our neck of woods so I can get my pets ready so I can feed you to them . They would love an imported meat from CO . Hahahaha... just kidding buddy ! Come around when Craig has plans to go back to my place so we can have some fun times.

No doubt your state is pretty having seen and gone through its beautiful sceneries in the past, I don't blame you for wanting to stay or come back to it every time you are gone from it. My only gripe would be you cannot really enjoy your performance toys / cars at least half of the year due to snow and cold weather . Darn it, even in July , you have damn snow in some of the Fourteeneers we drove up to and such roads are closed to the public at least half of the year from mid Fall to May .

Last edited by gerrb; 12-16-22 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-16-22, 08:43 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

LOL Gerry! You're so bad dude - this is some all grass fed organic CO beef! haha!

We're quite lucky that's for damn sure! The nice thing about the winter here is the snow doesn't stick around for long. We get so much sunshine that you can easily get your fun cars out during the winter. I'm staring at mine out of my office window as we speak - it's only 30 degree high today but the sun is out and the GTE LOVES this cold weather!!
Old 12-16-22, 08:39 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Cold mornings are my favorite, turbos just love the freezing intake temps! good to see you back at it especially with another na-t build.
Old 12-16-22, 11:04 PM
stheodore
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I've been coming back to enjoy this particular thread for so many years, but haven't really posted too much on this particular forum over time.

I find it funny that Gerry and I have both been into Supras and 2JZ-GTE performance forever, but now I'm the one who wants to buy an SC400 for the 1UZ-FE engine specifically. I already have owned my fair share of Supras and currently have my turbocharged IS300 and an IS-F, but the idea of that original thick rod 1UZ-FE engine positioned in front-mid ship manner has me all googly eyed. The best part of all of this is that we just cannot shake our love for 90s era Japanese Toyotas...which are some of my favorite cars in the world (and have been since the 1990s of course). Carry on my brothers and sisters!

RudysSC (12-19-22)
Old 12-17-22, 10:46 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RudysSC
LOL Gerry! You're so bad dude - this is some all grass fed organic CO beef! haha!

We're quite lucky that's for damn sure! The nice thing about the winter here is the snow doesn't stick around for long. We get so much sunshine that you can easily get your fun cars out during the winter. I'm staring at mine out of my office window as we speak - it's only 30 degree high today but the sun is out and the GTE LOVES this cold weather!!
Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Cold mornings are my favorite, turbos just love the freezing intake temps! good to see you back at it especially with another na-t build.
True Air Intake Temp Sensors and your engine would love those freezing temps 👍.

Though cold roads and tires wouldn’t give you as much as good traction compared when it is warmer 🤔. For a mildly boosted cars that is ok but when you are at 700 and above rwhp , it becomes a challenge .

Hopefully I get this other NA-T done . Seeing your NA-T thread pushed up the discussion board with posts and questions always remind me to work on it 😂.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-17-22 at 05:42 PM.
Ali SC3 (12-19-22)
Old 12-17-22, 10:56 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by stheodore
I've been coming back to enjoy this particular thread for so many years, but haven't really posted too much on this particular forum over time.

I find it funny that Gerry and I have both been into Supras and 2JZ-GTE performance forever, but now I'm the one who wants to buy an SC400 for the 1UZ-FE engine specifically. I already have owned my fair share of Supras and currently have my turbocharged IS300 and an IS-F, but the idea of that original thick rod 1UZ-FE engine positioned in front-mid ship manner has me all googly eyed. The best part of all of this is that we just cannot shake our love for 90s era Japanese Toyotas...which are some of my favorite cars in the world (and have been since the 1990s of course). Carry on my brothers and sisters!
Hi Steve , now I finally confirmed that it was you . Been seeing your username for a while on clublexus but wasn’t sure it was you . The other day came across a post from you in another thread and had a good feeling this time it was you seeing your location and that IS300 🤗.

My very first SC was a v8 400 series . I love those 8 cylinder roars and get go acceleration from a stop . I always wanted to boost one till someone introduced me to the 2JZs and got discouraged with the amount of fabrication needed for a boosted 1uzfe . Will be nice to have a clean one as part of your toys. The SCs seems to be slowly appreciating and crazy how much they are fetching on the Bring-a-Trailer website. So finding a clean one will be nice.

I guess you are right , that love for the 90s cars will never pass away !

Last edited by gerrb; 12-17-22 at 11:00 AM.
stheodore (12-17-22)
Old 12-17-22, 11:11 AM
stheodore
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

@gerrb I have no idea why I originally chose the screen name 'stheodore' on this forum so many years ago, but even I have to second guess who I am around here. My profile here is fairly outdated as I just noticed, since that is my first IS300 in my avatar and not my current car. I'll have to devote a little time to that eventually. Haha!

Merry Christmas to you and your family my friend!
gerrb (12-20-22)
Old 12-19-22, 04:07 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

@stheodore Thank you my friend . Hope you too and all your love ones have a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year !

And to every one on this forum , hope you too have a Happy Holidays.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-19-22 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-29-22, 01:35 AM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 506 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Being in mild climate states , doesn't stop you from visiting beautiful places like Colorado.

Just my opinion ... if you have a source of living ..you can do more in the course of the year in GA, where you don't have the harsh winters of the North , tornadoes of Midwest , Hurricanes of the gulf coast , pacific and atlantic (GA is in the Atlantic but seldom we do) . In short not a lot of nasty weather conditions through the course of the year. Of course that is just one aspect of life ... weather in the place you live. Cost of living and opportunities play a role too.

I love nature and road trips. I have driven through all states including Hawaii and Alaska except Washington ,Oregon , Idaho and Montana (still in my to do list) visiting their National and State Parks and their famous cities documenting every mile and every minute of the trips with a front and rear dash cams (wish I thought of having cams on both sides of the SUV too ) so I can go through them over and over in my leisure moments to reminisce the past. I believe I have shared some of the road trip videos of UT, CO, AZ to KahnBB6 and posted a link to them on this build thread maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I love that summer road trip the most so far. Colorado indeed is beautiful either in Summer or Winter ... been up and driven to a number of what they call Fourteeneers which includes Mt. Evans , the highest paved road in North America. Driven basically the whole of CO .. from the Great Sand Dunes of CO South East , then Pikes Peak , Denver to Aspen and all the way to Grand Junction in its West and all around the Rocky Mountains through Estes Park to Grand Lake in the North down to Durango through Telluride ... really beautiful road trip . Take note though that most roads that go to or passes through the Fourteeneers are closed at least half of the year due to snow and cleanup ...so plan your trip.

If you ask me though and you love nature without the distractions of modern life / technology ,and within the 48 US States, Utah can't be beat if you are looking for unmolested mother nature . Visit what they call the Mighty Five National Parks and a lot of their state parks plus take the back roads and not interstates, You will be rewarded with what Mother Nature can offer.... though there will be no cell service or communications so bring a GPS phone. . But this is just me ... feel free to say your opinion but let us not turn this build thread into a debate of which state is better . They are all good states. Every state offers something good. It is a subjective matter based on what one likes or wants and one's circumstances.
OK this is not about who's state is better, but as someone who lives in these places; my 2 cents
This Christmas it came to me how happy I've been and how lucky I am to have lived among all these wonders, for the better part of my life, since I was discharged from the military in Sacramento.

Now I'm not a wealthy person, I've been a working stiff all my life. Never have been able to put more than 2 weeks together for a trip, but did that often. Lived on the Pacific Coast itself, SF and San Luis Obispo.

My favorite all time road was the Pacific Coast Hwy, (PCH), for 1000 reasons, "can you imagine driving that all the time in a purple SC400", even lived in Nevada 15 yrs, Reno & Tahoe areas. And now the 4 Corners area. You mentioned Alaska, spent a yr there, curtesy USAF
So I have been living and traveling these places a long time
This is an old photo well before the millennium taken by my daughter in our 4X4 Chevy Blazer

My thought on this is, there is a big difference between living in these places and visiting these places
Of course I can go on and on but that is my thought

As for the winter thing. I just drove from my home to one of these many places last week The Painted Desert, Christmas time, it was great. If your care I have some photos of it in my build
All the Best___Joe
The following 2 users liked this post by Barbary:
gerrb (01-02-23), RudysSC (12-30-22)
Old 12-30-22, 05:50 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Been almost a year since I have installed this monster fuel system that will support 2000rwhp even on E85 which I documented in the preceding pages . All I did since then was search , buy and complete the black interior since I got this car with tan interior and supposed to be originally black on black . Just to motivate myself to work on this car more this year , posting a couple of pictures …

Last edited by gerrb; 12-30-22 at 05:54 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by gerrb:
Barbary (12-30-22), KahnBB6 (12-30-22)
Old 12-30-22, 09:13 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Nothing beats a trunk stuffed with a fuel cell and a couple of nitrous bottles haha. Always love your projects Gerry - hope you find some time in the new year to keep enjoying them!

And Joe - awesome pic as always!!
KahnBB6 (12-30-22)

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys