Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-12, 07:16 PM
VileFCboy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see A340e tranny... Not going to manual swap it?
Old 05-03-12, 01:00 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
tried Meguiars plastic-x for the projector lamps and here is the result .. hmmm.. there should be something better to use to make them look like new .

i also tried a similar product and got the same result (disapointment). i think we sc owners are screwed unless we fork over the cash for brend new oem headlights.
Old 05-03-12, 05:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by VileFCboy
I see A340e tranny... Not going to manual swap it?
No sir , no manual tranny for this red dragon. It will be my run around car , daily driver , so it has to be as friendly as it could be with those city traffic lights....... A built Boost Logic Auto transmission will be installed on it so when I go for a higher rwhp with the aftermarket twins , it will also be ready. I am seriously considering in building another SC with a 6 speed tranny and a built engine just like my supra , so this baby is staying auto trans.
Old 05-03-12, 05:43 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by megamax
i also tried a similar product and got the same result (disapointment). i think we sc owners are screwed unless we fork over the cash for brend new oem headlights.
I will try sanding them with a 1500/2000 grit sand paper when I have the time and see how it goes.
Old 05-03-12, 02:20 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I HIGHLY reccomend using 3M headlight restore. If it does not make your headlights look new, then I will personally reimburse you the money. Checkout my thread and you will see how well 3M headlight restore works.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-and-pics.html
Old 05-03-12, 05:37 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
I HIGHLY reccomend using 3M headlight restore. If it does not make your headlights look new, then I will personally reimburse you the money. Checkout my thread and you will see how well 3M headlight restore works.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-and-pics.html
Thank your sir ! Will try it.

btw, I love that white SC of yours .. love that simple front bumper...
Old 05-03-12, 06:39 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank your sir ! Will try it.

btw, I love that white SC of yours .. love that simple front bumper...
Thanks so much! Appreciate it!

I love your car though! Been watching this thread like a hawk.

Good luck, and post up results of the headlight cleaning.
Old 05-03-12, 06:49 PM
VileFCboy
Rookie

No sir , no manual tranny for this red dragon. It will be my run around car , daily driver , so it has to be as friendly as it could be with those city traffic lights....... A built Boost Logic Auto transmission will be installed on it so when I go for a higher rwhp with the aftermarket twins , it will also be ready. I am seriously considering in building another SC with a 6 speed tranny and a built engine just like my supra , so this baby is staying auto trans.
Oh I see, the truly sleeper SC

Wow now that I am stoked to see the start of your build on your other SC. V160, Yum Yum Yum Delicioso
Old 05-03-12, 11:56 PM
wth98sc
Driver

read every word of this thread today. Youre a damn god. Your work is amazing... jealous/:
Old 05-04-12, 06:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
Thanks so much! Appreciate it!

I love your car though! Been watching this thread like a hawk.

Good luck, and post up results of the headlight cleaning.
Will do sir when I get hold of that stuff and have cleaned them .

Originally Posted by VileFCboy
Oh I see, the truly sleeper SC

Wow now that I am stoked to see the start of your build on your other SC. V160, Yum Yum Yum Delicioso
Well , that is what I am hoping for on this red dragon, a sleeper but can wake up anytime to growl at anyone on the street when the need arises.. so am installing a built Boost Logic auto transmission and E85 fuel lines with dual or a big external pump now and eventually have aftermarket twins , bigger injectors and an standalone ecu.

The 6 speed SC project, that will be on the horizon , hopefully it materializes, though started gathering parts for it.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-04-12 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-04-12, 07:05 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wth98sc
read every word of this thread today. Youre a damn god. Your work is amazing... jealous/:
Thank you sir for the complement. I am just like any ordinary person around here , a lover of SCs and after some bad experiences decided that if I can't tinker with them , then I can't play with them. That forced me to do things myself to save money and not be fooled anymore. Nothing more gratifying than doing things yourself. We all live and learn.
Old 05-04-12, 07:16 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Anybody around here had sumped their SC tank ? Or is it even possible or practical ? Am torn between installing two intank TT denso fuel pumps, one big external fuel pump or one intank and one external that comes alive during kill mode. This is the way I did it on my Supra MKIV with an external Weldon 2345a and two fuel filters.

slosh tank

first weldon filter

Last edited by gerrb; 05-04-12 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-04-12, 07:21 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Anybody around here had sumped their SC tank ? Or is it even possible or practical ? Am torn between installing two intank TT denso fuel pumps, one big external fuel pump or one intank and one external that comes alive during kill mode. This is the way I did it on my Supra MKIV with an external Weldon 2345a and two fuel filters.
Sumping it is not really practical as the tank lies behind the rear seat but a surge tank will lead to a positive 800+ hp outcome on E with the right pumps.

Good luck!!!
Old 05-04-12, 07:31 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Suggestions with installing E85 teflon lines will greatly be appreciated. Cracking my head how to do it with the SC. It was a lot easier on the MKIV.

Here are the resources I have now at my disposal to have an E85 friendly lines capabable of supporting around 800rwhp. But how to do it is the big question I have ...

dual denso

big external

external filter

regulator if I have to but prefer to use stock for now since it is a stock engine.

teflon fuel lines of different -AN sizes -6 to -12

E85 friendly fittings of different sizes

Old 05-04-12, 07:34 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Sumping it is not really practical as the tank lies behind the rear seat but a surge tank will lead to a positive 800+ hp outcome on E with the right pumps.

Good luck!!!
I hear you . The way that tank is mounted makes it impractical at the same time having the pump hanger facing the back of the back seats makes it even impractical to install any fittings there . I hate to install two denso pumps and still use the same small factory -6an old line.

That surge tank will be a good idea ... thank you sir ! Will look further into it.

btw , will let you know about those lamps if ever. thanks again .

Last edited by gerrb; 05-04-12 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys