Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-12, 08:11 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Started sanding it down so I can get it ready for painting. I will sand the whole car , repair all those small dings and dents and get my car quite ready for painting . If the shop where I bring my cars for painting only do minor sanding before painting, they usually give me a good paint job on the whole car for $500 which is a very good deal.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-19-12 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-19-12, 09:24 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

The kind of look I like in an SC... older , un assuming but FAST... soon this QuickSilver SC will have a 6 speed built Single 2jzgte power plant.

Old 05-19-12, 09:26 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

So eventually, both my 2jzgte SC (auto and 6 speed) will have the older look which I prefer a lot than the 97+ .. no body kits. Will just install good coil overs and good wheels/tires and a good paint job on the outside. And of course a good power plant on the 2jzgte. The less un assuming they are externally the better for me.... sleepers.... Like, if I can hide that intercooler better .. lol .. well I guess all I can do is paint it darker just like I did on the red dragon. You could hardly see the intercooler from 10 feet and beyond.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-19-12 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-19-12, 03:13 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

spent most of my afternoon sanding and installing this front bumper .... damn those headlights surely needs some attention ..

Last edited by gerrb; 05-19-12 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-19-12, 03:14 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I don't know why I always like the looks of this older front bumper better than the 97+ ... btw, someone buy those second set 97+ side skirts , rear bumper and lights so I got money to get this painted in the shop .

Last edited by gerrb; 05-19-12 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-20-12, 11:02 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Today , I am emptying the tank of the Red Dragon of any fuel. You better make sure you don't cause any sparks created by short circuits near the fuel or you will be toast . I am installing a -10an teflon feed line with a -8an return. I will use 3 TT Denso pumps if I could not find another Weldon 2345a with a controller for a good price. I would only use an external pump with a controller for modulation cause I don't think I can bear the noise of external pumps for a daily car. It may be alright hearing them for a day or two but it would be really irritating after some time. I tested the other external pump I have and pictured here NO way I am using that pump for a daily driver.

If I end up using 3 TT Denso pumps, they will be staged so only one is running during cruise and the two turns on depending on boost or other factors.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-20-12 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-21-12, 06:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

After 10 gallons of pumped fuel , decided to check how much more fuel is in the tank and yeap a tad lower the top level of the slosh tank .Looks like it had a full tank before konking out. I wonder if I can still use this gas on the 1uzfe .

Old 05-21-12, 06:16 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Am thinking of installing 3 x -6an bulkhead for the three TT denso pumps output on this hat if they will fit and merge them outside the tank into a -10an teflon line that goes from the trunk to the front. I hate to drill on the tank itself so I would like to use the tank hats to install the fittings. The -8an return line bulkhead fitting, I was thinking to install it on the top hat of the tank where the overflow tube is.

This is where the 3 x 90 degree -6an fittings will go. Tight fit but let's see.

This is where the -8an return 90 degree bulkhead fitting will go

Got an extra fuel sender hat which I can experiment with

Last edited by gerrb; 05-21-12 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-21-12, 06:17 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Will move the ground signal to one of the nuts and the clip connector holder so I will have room for 3 x -6an bulkhead fittings.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-21-12 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-21-12, 09:08 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought you wasn't going for alot of power 450rwhp at the most and no weldon pump? what changed your mind?
Old 05-21-12, 10:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
I thought you wasn't going for alot of power 450rwhp at the most and no weldon pump? what changed your mind?
To start with, getting the car running , you are right sir ..... But I would like it to be ready eventually for around 700-800rwhp when I have my twin aftermarket turbos, injectors with fuel rail and EMS. So I am trying to make sure whatever fuel system I am installing will be able to take care of my final RWHP goal for this red dragon. I will also eventually be running E85 so I want to do it right the first time so I don't waste time and money changing stuff later on.

I wasn't too sure how easy to install and plumb 3 TT denso pumps on an SC for the fuel system that is why my second choice was a Weldon 2345a with a controller since I have that setup on my MKIV and the noise is barely there or is tolerable with a controller at cruise mode. I have heard a lot of external pumps that are not controlled by PWM and I don't think I can handle the noise after some time in a eventual daily driver.

I am trying to do my research reading threads of gurus like you on this board , on the best way to setup / plumb 3 TT denso pumps which is my first preference. One pump for cruise and let the others kick in depending on boost and other factors controllable by the engine management system.

Would appreciate your inputs cause I know you guys have done this numerous times . Newbies , like me , need to learn a lot of things from the gurus

Last edited by gerrb; 05-21-12 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-21-12, 12:02 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Kool ! Now i see what you are trying to do...

Yes u can fit (3) denso on the stock hanger since nobody make a triple hanger setup for the SC so majority of the guy just run the stock one.

I have never set mine to come on at certain boost or rpm , but yes i can be done and has been done and it's a good way to keep the noises down, I know Craig Bush's Supra was setup like that by either Larry from SP or Don Summerton At Accelarated Performance in OH.

Talk to Scott he is very knowledgeable on the setup you are trying to go with (3) pumps setup and he is running that setup on his own car, he started this thread a little while ago it's very informative.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...tallation.html

I am using a dual 044 setup and they are loud at a lower rpm but you won't hear them at WOT, too loud but i am getting used to it now..

What ems are you going with ? I am sure we can figure out how to set it up in the EMS.
The following users liked this post:
madmax98 (02-25-21)
Old 05-21-12, 12:44 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thanks for the link. I believe I have read that thread a lot of times and I have learned a lot from it. Looking at the slosh tank , you can fit quite a number of pumps in there . It is putting them in through the access hole which is the tricky part and Scott gave a good suggestion how to put in and secure the 3rd pump.

I just don't want to put the bulkhead fitting on the tank hat that is at the back of the passenger seat. Any fuel sippage or spill will not be a good smell inside the cabin aside from the fact that if one is smoking , hot ashes and fuel do not mix well ... it explodes ..

For easy installation, I would avoid y fittings inside the tank. Hose from each pump goes straight up to a bulkhead in the fuel sender hat . I just hope I can fit three -6an on that hat. Then just join them right outside the tank through a 3 in one fuel block or y fittings into a -10an teflon fuel line. The return will be a -8an to the spill over tank hat. I thought of -8an because if I was to use a Weldon 2345a, their recommended return was -10an , so -8an was actually even a step lower.

Am thinking of using an AEM v2 (or maybe infinity10 when it comes out since I would start with the stock ecu anyway) or ProEFI .. but the problem with proEFI , I heard you cannot tinker with it. Only dealers can . I don't know. I want to go into something I can play around with so I learn. I have heard a lot of good stuff about proEFI and people I know highly recommend it . But if I cannot learn much from it , hmmm .. I will have second thoughts.

I am currently using Haltech Platinum Series 2000 on my MKIV and a lot of good features which am sure you are aware of... like you can turn on devices based on certain parameters. I have set my radiator fans to come on when the coolant temp is 190 degrees. Likewise if I had more than one fuel pump on my supra , I could have set each one to come on based on certain parameters... eg. boost pressure.

Got a quick question , will it be a good idea to use the stock fuel line which is 3/8 (-6an) for E85 ? I was just wondering if I can get away using it as a return line for my 3 Denso pumps. I read somewhere on SF , Larry of SP saying that -6 return is more than enough. If that is the case , I don't need to install a -8 or -6an teflon return line as long as it is E85 safe and can handle the volume of return from the 3 Denso pumps.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-21-12 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-21-12, 01:42 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

It seems like I can get away with 3 x -6an bulkhead fittings on the fuel sender hat .

Old 05-21-12, 07:09 PM
G0TB00ST
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im in for more

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys