Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-12, 09:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

On the overflow hat , I will install a -10an bulkhead to feed the big external pump or can be capped when not in use and a -8 an for the return of the whole fuel system that comes from the regulator.

these are caps I can use to cap the side feeds of the fuel log when not in use.

Old 05-27-12, 09:29 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerrb
True , we all enjoy buying stuff for our cars and enjoy building them but when we get to settle down and think how much we have spent on them and see our pockets empty , we all call them money pits...... well , just like someone says it , I just hope it gives me the ride of my life.
Lol.. Also I learned the hard way you got to pay to play!

But on The topic of fuel, when you really think about it the external pump is basically never going to be on.
I remember you or someone stating something about a switch to put the pump on snooze mode. In reality that seems like a smart thing to do. run a single pump intank to feed the external. That way if the e85 kills your pump you have a back up just waiting.

Lmao.. The external by itself is over kill so who cares!! Better to be prepared... Never bring a knife to a gun fight

Won't the x2 tt pumps fuel like 700hp anyways?
Old 05-27-12, 09:38 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 2 Denso's will get you to the 700's, as I run 3 and 1 is staged and I made 740 ish on just the 2 on E-85.

Overkill on fuel is only a term you will hear on CL sorry but true.
Old 05-27-12, 09:48 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
True , we all enjoy buying stuff for our cars and enjoy building them but when we get to settle down and think how much we have spent on them and see our pockets empty , we all call them money pits...... well , just like someone says it , I just hope it gives me the ride of my life.
For real, I don't even think of it as a money pit 'cause it just make me feel bad about it, rather, I wish that I don't encounter any stupid ******* in the street that can take everything I've worked for away in a second.... *knock on wood*
Old 05-27-12, 04:22 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Lol.. Also I learned the hard way you got to pay to play!

But on The topic of fuel, when you really think about it the external pump is basically never going to be on.
I remember you or someone stating something about a switch to put the pump on snooze mode. In reality that seems like a smart thing to do. run a single pump intank to feed the external. That way if the e85 kills your pump you have a back up just waiting.

Lmao.. The external by itself is over kill so who cares!! Better to be prepared... Never bring a knife to a gun fight

Won't the x2 tt pumps fuel like 700hp anyways?
You are right , external pump may probably never turn on with my power goal . Maybe in the dyno . But on the streets , I doubt . As our friend blk&blu*j puts it , they have been doing over 700rwhp with 2 Denso pumps on E85.

What you said was a good idea ... why don't I monitor fuel pressure on the line of the first pump which is always on. If it goes down , it means pump is bad and turns on the big pump too to protect the engine from going lean... hhhmmm ... excellent idea . Now me setting it up , wether I can do it is another question .
Old 05-27-12, 04:31 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
the 2 Denso's will get you to the 700's, as I run 3 and 1 is staged and I made 740 ish on just the 2 on E-85.

Overkill on fuel is only a term you will hear on CL sorry but true.
Thanks for this info. That confirms my decision that I don't need a third Denso. That saves me $235. I will instead use my external pump as my third pump to be staged based on boost which probably will never turn on . After all on the streets , 500-600rwhp is the most useable power I believe on a stop and go situation.

Great to know that the more fuel you can supply , the better !

Last edited by gerrb; 05-27-12 at 04:34 PM.
Old 05-27-12, 04:33 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
For real, I don't even think of it as a money pit 'cause it just make me feel bad about it, rather, I wish that I don't encounter any stupid ******* in the street that can take everything I've worked for away in a second.... *knock on wood*
I hear you ! No matter how safely we drive , an idiot can be lurking around and can turn our pride and joy into a smashed tin can.
Old 05-27-12, 04:39 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Gerry ,

Looking great man keep them coming!
Old 05-27-12, 07:08 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Gerry ,

Looking great man keep them coming!
Thanks Omar !
Old 05-27-12, 07:12 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Anybody around here who have used the submersible high tech plastic fuel tubes that are now being used by LS1 guys instead of gates submersible hoses ? A lot of corvette owners have been complaining about gates hose bursting inside the tank with E85.

These fuel tubes are E85 compatible and rated to 100psi. Racetronix sells them . A lot cheaper than Gates too. A 12" gates submersible is around $25 and this one is only $4. And if I need 3 , then I am saving almost $60.... Am planning to order some and use them. If anyone have good or bad comments about them , it will be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FFT%2D330 and they come in different sizes.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-27-12 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-28-12, 03:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

If I am not using the oem feed and return lines , how are you guys plugging those lines or better yet , anyone knows the size and thread of the banjo bolt. I could probably replace those rubber hoses with teflon lines with banjo bolt to -6an fittings on the end. But got to know the size and thread of those banjo bolts.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-28-12 at 03:36 AM.
Old 05-28-12, 09:31 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got my fuel sender hat ready to accept feed from the internal TT Denso pumps. Having individual lines, each pump can be staged to add up to the fuel running into the main line. Yehey , I actually found a used TT denso pump for a very good price I could not pass last night. So now I have 3 TT Denso pumps , 2 brand new and the 3rd with 55k miles... hhhmmm... as Omar calls me crazy , I might as well be one ..lol .. 3 x TT Denso and a 1500rwhp external pump in a failsafe mode . .. will monitor fuel pressure coming from the TT densos and if one goes down that means a pump is dead and the external pump is fired . Damn , I thought my Weldon setup on my 3.4 stroker and other 6 speed mkiv are crazy setup .. lol... being huge. This will even be worse.

My buddy was asking me if I will run a semi diesel engine into that SC when he saw my fuel system components and hoses .. lmaol ...

Last edited by gerrb; 05-28-12 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-28-12, 09:35 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Old 05-28-12, 09:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Well , I can cap them anytime if they are not in use. I just want to make sure that my fuel system is ready to rock and roll when the time comes to fuel a semi engine ... lol ... damn -12an / -10an teflon hoses are bigger than my water hose in my freaking yard. These 3 x -6 an bulkhead will feed my fuel log.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-28-12 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-28-12, 11:43 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I couldn't stress enough what our friend Omar said .. take out the damn tank if you have more than a stock fuel system setup you will install . It will make your life a lot easier .

4 bolts in the trunk / 3 banjo bolts under the tank

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys