Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-12, 02:04 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not really been able to find any specific power limit for an auto/lexus diff. Do you have any kind of data that indicates how much power can be put through one with a quality LSD in it?
Old 06-28-12, 08:16 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by stockhatch
I have not really been able to find any specific power limit for an auto/lexus diff. Do you have any kind of data that indicates how much power can be put through one with a quality LSD in it?
I have read a lot of thread on SF about this and I have never seen any specific numbers in terms of what RWHP can these diff handle. I guess there are some other factors to consider like is the car a street use or drag car. People tend to break the axles/diff more on a starting line in a drag strip than in other scenarios. And if you compare the two, the TRD diff is beefier than the stock torsen LSD diff .

Those who got answers are encouraged to chime in.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-28-12 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-28-12, 08:22 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

having a black interior , I will be using white faced gauges and sending units from stewart warner

Old 06-30-12, 06:42 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Default Battery Relocation

Battery will be relocated in the trunk. I still don't have my Odyssey PC1200MJT battery and its enclosure ,but I have decided where to put it...so installed the the battery I currently have ...

Old 06-30-12, 06:44 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

installed a 200amp circuit breaker .. used gauge 0 cables and there will be a distribution box on the engine bay

and there will be two ground .. one connected to the bottom of the tank and the other am still looking for a good spot.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-30-12 at 06:55 AM.
Old 06-30-12, 02:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Weldon 14000 controller for my Weldon 2345a racing pump is now mounted ...

The 4 x 40amp relays that control/provides power to each TT denso pumps and the Weldon 2345a pump mounted on the cross bar infront of the speakers..will probably use two bolts screws to hold it instead of 1

Last edited by gerrb; 06-30-12 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-30-12, 02:34 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

To have a more reliable fuel system, decided to use the Weldon 2345a pump , weldon filters with my 3 x TT Denso pumps instead of the OBX 1500hp pump and summit racing filters as my backup / kill mode pump . No tuner should ever complain that he doesn't have enough fuel now... not even E85 which uses more than 30% more.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-30-12 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-30-12, 05:36 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to say it but your fuel system is utterly ridiculous for a street car triple Denso's are more then sufficient to do the job.

I run 3 Denso's with 2150cc injectors and at 855hp on E-85 and I'm at a 42% duty cycle in full boost 30+ psi at 7000+rpm's

Last edited by 99SC42; 07-01-12 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-30-12, 06:12 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Sorry to say it but your fuel system is utterly ridiculous for a street car triple Denso's are more then sufficient to do the job.

I run 3 Denso's with 2150cc injectors and at 855hp on E-85 and I'm at a 42% duty cycle in full boost 30+ psi at 7000+rpm's
!!!!!!!
I hear you no problem and I respect your opinion. But let me remind you of one thing . This thread is a build thread of my car. It is not a thread that says "This is what you should do " or a DIY Build Guide thread or a thread that pretend to teach anything to anybody. I believe the forum allows people to create build threads to share what they do with their car... regardless of what it is. Build threads are not meant to be gospel truth to be followed by everyone. One should read and go through a build thread and pickup any idea one deem useful.

Just like you had 3 TT Denso ...everyone is free to use the same or do something else. Just because you have it or are probably more knowledgeable than others , it doesn't mean that everyone should have them . Can't anyone do something else he wants in his build thread that is not like yours ? I installed another external pump for some reasons you may not agree... as a backup and some other reasons. On my end there are reasons why I did it. It might be ridiculuous to you but not to me. I will do whatever will make me happy , after all it is my money and my car. I am building a car not for others to be happy or agree with. I am simply sharing what I am doing in my car.

It is just funny that when I first brought out the idea of having 3 TT denso pump plus the big pump as backup, you were quick to judge people on this site or quick to say "I am sorry it is only on clublexus that there is such a thing as overkill on fuel system." .. Now I still have exactly the same setup . It is just that I used the Weldon instead of the OBX pump as a backup and you say it is ridiculuous. I figure now that you didn't read well then what my fuel setup was, before you even typed the comment I mentioned above. There was no change to the setup , just the brand of pump. So I can't figure now why all of a sudden it became ridiculuous. Just a 180 degree reversal on your end.

But I will always respect yousr or anyone's opinion/comment cause each one is entitled to. But that won't stop me from doing what will make me happy regardless . I am building this car for my own and only my own satisfaction and gratification and not for anyone else . I will continue to share what I do to my car not unless the forum says otherwise . As far as I am concerned that is what the build threads are all about .. sharing what you did to your car. This thread is not meant to teach anyone. It is not a DIY thread. As I always said, I am just a damn newbie who likes to learn. I don't brag about knowing something I don't know. What I am simply doing is sharing what I am doing to my car and encouraging people to work on their cars. I am not telling people to do what I am doing to my car.

Just saying

The truth hurts!!!!!!

Last edited by 99SC42; 07-01-12 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-01-12, 07:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

are the AC ports on the firewall same for all SC300/SC400 or even Supra MKIVs ? Got the ac lines from an SC300 but the ports on the firewall of this 1992 SC400 doesnt seem to be the same fit . AC lines port won't go all the way in.

Old 07-02-12, 02:47 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Just to answer questions why do I really wanted a backup big pump when I have 3 denso TT pumps... let me explain so those who read the thread will know my rationale. I am not installing one just for the heck of having one ...

In a perfect world , having 3 x TT Denso pumps will do all the work for a 1000rwhp engine. Since you are not on high boost always , you can stage pump 2 and pump 3 based on boost to provide you all the fuel needed and noise can be controlled. I know having a backup big pump sounds ridiculuous as one puts it but not to me since there can be scenarios that the backup pump will come handy.

a) What if your main pump , fails ... you will need to be working on your car on the road or wherever you are just to replace that pump and bring you home cause pump 2 and 3 only work on the higher boosts only.

-> with my backup pump, I can just flip that over ride switch and I can go back on the road on my way home

b) lets say you are on high boost , one of the pump konks out .. what happens to your engine ? ... goes lean and we all know the catasthropic effect of that to the engine.

-> with my backup pump, as soon as the pressure drops on any of the 3 individual fuel lines going to the fuel log from the TT pumps , the backup pump can be fired to avoid any lean situation.

c) I am setting my fuel system so it can be as flexible as it can be. With such a setup I can also have the option of using 1x TT denso pump for cruising only up to 400rwhp since it producess less noise and on high boost fire the big pump instead of the 2 other TT pumps. The plumbing and pump setups makes me more flexible ...

d) I have this big pump laying around for at least 3 years now so I might as well use it.

I know no one probably has done such a setup thats why someone calls it ridiculuous... but since I have the opportunity to have one , why not ..

I hope that explains why such a fuel setup ....

Last edited by gerrb; 07-02-12 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-02-12, 05:30 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
are the AC ports on the firewall same for all SC300/SC400 or even Supra MKIVs ? Got the ac lines from an SC300 but the ports on the firewall of this 1992 SC400 doesnt seem to be the same fit . AC lines port won't go all the way in.

no. i was having the same problem as you. i got some sc300 lines and they would not work on my sc400 firewall. mark somehow made 300 lines work. iirc if you get the same model year as the car then they should interchange. but again my lines didn't work for me either.
Old 07-02-12, 06:56 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Gerry ,

I understand your point behind this but you just need a better EMS, and you won't have to worry about pump not coming ON at certain PSI.
We all know the answer ! P.r.o.e.f.i

gl

Last edited by 99SC42; 07-02-12 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-03-12, 06:09 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by megamax
no. i was having the same problem as you. i got some sc300 lines and they would not work on my sc400 firewall. mark somehow made 300 lines work. iirc if you get the same model year as the car then they should interchange. but again my lines didn't work for me either.
thanks for the info , at least that confirms my suspicion. Now I am tempted to use the dremel on the firewall or the line itself to make it work .. I don't know what to do now.... what you think ? Have you done anything on yours ? I hate to look for another AC line ..

Last edited by gerrb; 07-03-12 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-03-12, 06:22 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Gerry ,

I understand your point behind this but you just need a better EMS, and you won't have to worry about pump not coming ON at certain PSI.
We all know the answer ! P.r.o.e.f.i

gl
Thanks Omar . I wish I have another PROEFI just what my stroker has but right now I already have a Haltech Platinum Series 2000 that is why I am trying to make use of it if I go 6 speed. But if I go auto then will look into that. Buying a Proefi will set me back another $3k and selling the Haltech will surely make me loose money cause it is now a used item.

So I am trying to choose a route in which I can make use of what I already have and at the same time achieve my long term power goals for this car.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys