Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-12, 05:03 PM
TexLexSC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read every page of this thread... Simply awesome.
Your my hero!
Old 08-04-12, 05:08 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by TexLexSC
I read every page of this thread... Simply awesome.
Your my hero!
Thank you sir . Bad experiences forced me to learn and do things myself. And you will find a lot of good people in the forums who will be willing to help. A lot of info are out there !

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Yo Gerry those polish looks awesome man... i have my spare 1jz Head also i want to get polish in most parts for my next 1.5jz build. Hey you heard anything from batlground? what happened to iridebmx SC4? did he used your harness at all? And werent you @ Zen last tuesday and u said no one was working on Marks SC and it was ready for a pick up? i even talk to the dude that he said he'll pick it up for Mark cuz Mark is on Army Duty
Hey .. thanks.. just let me know if you want something polished. Am sure my buddy will give you a good deal.

Batlground... I have heard a lot of good things about that shop.As Mark mentioned , his car was being dynoed there yesterday.

Yeah , I know I posted on Mark's thread that the car was ready for pickup without being tuned. . Mark, requested me to check on his car. Jeremy who takes care of operations at Zen told me he has no tuner. Since Mark gave them a deadline of Thursday, there was nothing that can be done. But is ready to be picked up with the initial tune they did more than a month ago. It was driveable. So I relayed that to Mark and told him," I guess based on that info , it's time to get your car out of that place and just move on. They cannot do anything till the deadline you gave them. They have no tuner. No point of letting it sit there. "

This part I didn't even know till you said it -> that someone was picking up Mark's car since you talked to the guy himself. Well , probably Mark requested him after our conversation.

I was surprised when I saw what Dan posted on Mark's thread which was "wheels where already in motion and non of the bickering, stabs have anything to do with us moving forward".To me that was BS. . I was there last tuesday and no schedule of tuning was ever mentioned. I wanted to respond to that post but I had to respect Mark's request to end the back and forth bickering. I knew that bickering/bashing went on cause it is so hard for people not to refute somebody who instead of accepting responsibility and just do things right , keeps on giving excuses and not be honest. That would not have happened in the first place if Zen did Mark right ..Every day, for 6 weeks , every one who followed the thread was waiting for results ... what do you expect .. people be happy with Zen ?

I still believe, Dan finally brought Mark's car to Batlground just to save his face after reading all the negative comments on Mark's thread. It had been 6 weeks and they have given Mark 4 different completion dates (well at least according to what Mark had posted) and none of them ever happened. Where they giving him false expectations ? So , how can Dan or Zen Motors expect people to believe what they say now ? I understand now from Mark , it was supposed to be dynoed last Friday... lets wait and see.

Look, after this, I hate to see any comments and questions about Zen on my thread... PM me if you have questions. We all know how long Mark's and JB's cars had been there. No amount of excuses for me will justify that. Even Dan will be mad am sure if he was in Mark's or JB's shoes. So no more question about Zen on this thread... please. I don't blame Mark and JB for hoping that their cars still be completed by Zen. Their cars are already there , they already have paid Zen a sizeable amount. They don't want that money to go to waste I assume , so they are still giving Zen the benefit of the doubt. I admire them for their patience.

I won't even answer your other question about the SC400 harness I sold iridebmx and whose car was done by Zen. I hate to drag the guy here and will open another can of worms. How the hell did you get to know about that ?

One thing I can tell you , I know too much now about Zen that made me decide , no way they are touching any of my cars. I know some said they had good experiences with them which I am glad they did. But so far not me or people I know.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-06-12 at 08:08 AM. Reason: shop's name is Batlground .. not Battleground or Battlefield
Old 08-06-12, 03:02 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey i think ill just stick to my 440cc for now just need to know how to install it..also need my turbo timer and Apex Neo install also.. just wanna have all my wirings taking care off so i can put everything back together. Ill try to install my oil pressure gauge this weekend keep my fingers crossed lol...hopefully you got your AC line done so we can have that powerplant drop and ready.
Old 08-08-12, 04:05 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

did you get those 440cc installed ?
Old 08-08-12, 04:07 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

got some oil temp senders for the engine oil and transmission oil temperature gauges and some gaskets from summit racing

installed the oil temp sender near the oil pressure sender for now

Last edited by gerrb; 08-09-12 at 06:07 AM.
Old 08-09-12, 10:50 AM
luda42688
Lead Lap

I legit went through every page of this thread.... You my friend, are the absolute man!
Old 08-09-12, 11:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by luda42688
I legit went through every page of this thread.... You my friend, are the absolute man!
Thank you sir , but I am just like the 99.5 % of people around here who try to learn from the gurus of CL and SF. We live and learn.
Old 08-09-12, 11:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Trying to find a better spot for my Weldon fuel regulator ..... this maybe a good location for it ..just need some brackets..

Last edited by gerrb; 08-10-12 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-10-12, 12:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got some aluminum brackets that hold my regulator fit and snug on top of fuel rail and intake manifold ....maybe I will get the brackets polished one day..

Old 08-10-12, 02:26 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Motor looks beast!! Can't wait to see it run
Old 08-11-12, 05:50 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Motor looks beast!! Can't wait to see it run
Thanks - me too, can't wait to get it running. Very soon it will go into the engine bay as soon as I get the other parts that I got chromed. I just sold my Haltech PS2000 to purchase another ECU which can handle the BL Auto trans as my initial setup for the car. Now that the first batch of AEM Infinity-10 are about to roll out according to John Reed , I would like to play a wait and see game before buying an AEM v2 or ProEFI . I hate to regret buying something else if the Infinity-10 turns out to be a real good ECU for a better price.
Old 08-11-12, 09:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Not unless the gurus say that it is a bad place , I figured I will install my fuel pressure sender on the regulator too..

Old 08-12-12, 01:44 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Installed a stewart warner sensor for my coolant temp gauge ...

Last edited by gerrb; 08-12-12 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-14-12, 10:41 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I have decided to save my Supra driveshaft & 4 bolt output flange and sell them in the SF community so I can recoup some expense. Took out the 4 bolt tranny output flange and replaced it with the SC400 tranny tri-bolt output flange so I can use the front and back halves of the SC400 driveshaft.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-14-12 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-14-12, 11:11 AM
jaysus101
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great build your thread is teaching me alot for my build!

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys