Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-12, 05:59 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by food7373
Gotcha, that's exactly what I do, I start wetsanding at 1000. I also use mother's, it does a good job. Thank you very much for the info and good luck with your builds! They're looking awesome!
thanks buddy .

Originally Posted by cartmill
gerrb, that coolant temp sensor location is no good.
and did you just clamp the threads of the sensor into the rubber? it's also too far away from the majority of the coolant flow...
I believe you are right. Looking at the coolant flow diagram of the TSRM , coolant flows out towards the stock oil cooler. So coolant might be cold in that area, which will not give us the actual temp of the engine. Damn I am glad you pointed that out .. thanks buddy . It is just that I don't know where else to put it ....yeap , lol , I just threaded the sensor into the rubber hose and clamped it . It will probably leak .. Do you have any suggestion where I can install that coolant sensor for the temp gauge ?

Last edited by gerrb; 08-15-12 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-15-12, 06:18 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you wanna put the coolant sensors where the polished upper radiator pipe is..Gerry your build is sick man! Give me a ride when your done.
Old 08-15-12, 06:41 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Unless you wanna put the coolant sensors where the polished upper radiator pipe is..Gerry your build is sick man! Give me a ride when your done.
the holes on the side of the upper water neck have been welded and have no space there cause of the big intake pipe.

how is yours.. have you installed the 440cc ? hey , what parts you still need for your SC ? Found the courtesy lamps you wanted... .. need to clean up the garage and throw some parts I don't need anymore. Surely we will take the red dragon for a ride on 400 going north from exit 12 to exit 13 .... 5 miles stretch highway.. .. there are no popo in that area cause of the change in county borders .. lol .. it is our testing ground now
Old 08-16-12, 04:13 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got my flex plate and converter bolts late yesterday afternoon and I will fasten that BL trans to the engine today

Old 08-16-12, 01:27 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gerrb
the holes on the side of the upper water neck have been welded and have no space there cause of the big intake pipe.

how is yours.. have you installed the 440cc ? hey , what parts you still need for your SC ? Found the courtesy lamps you wanted... .. need to clean up the garage and throw some parts I don't need anymore. Surely we will take the red dragon for a ride on 400 going north from exit 12 to exit 13 .... 5 miles stretch highway.. .. there are no popo in that area cause of the change in county borders .. lol .. it is our testing ground now
havent touched the SC in weeks..been pretty busy, my half brother passed away last thursday of cancer. Been off for a couple of days just goin to a visitation then yesterday was the funeral..
Anyways im still debating on installing my 440cc or just wait til i find a 550cc wit resistor FS. Tomorrow i might work on my wirings..am gonna attempt to install my apexi neo, turbo timer and oil pressure gauge lol.. i said "attempt" cuz its my 1st time doin actuall wirings lol..and yeah LMK when i can pick up the courtesy light cover and how much?
Old 08-16-12, 01:38 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
havent touched the SC in weeks..been pretty busy, my half brother passed away last thursday of cancer. Been off for a couple of days just goin to a visitation then yesterday was the funeral..
Anyways im still debating on installing my 440cc or just wait til i find a 550cc wit resistor FS. Tomorrow i might work on my wirings..am gonna attempt to install my apexi neo, turbo timer and oil pressure gauge lol.. i said "attempt" cuz its my 1st time doin actuall wirings lol..and yeah LMK when i can pick up the courtesy light cover and how much?
sorry to hear about the loss in the family .

you may have the SC body parts you needed .. just pick them up ..
Old 08-16-12, 01:42 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

got the engine out of the stand so I can mate it to the BL tranny .. while installing flex plate , I realized I still had to take out the pilot bearing .. and I have no freaking puller that small. I did the grease method .. it works but so messy .. .gggrrrrr... The pictures taken here were before I painted the flexplate / torque converter with silicon coating

Old 08-16-12, 02:12 PM
918lexsc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SUBSCRIBED to this AWESOME THREAD! the red dragon is going to be one hell of a car, im new to the SC world myself. picked up a 92 SC4 for a DD but it wont be like this lol. quick question through why choose an SC4 instead of a SC3 for the build? seems like it would be a much easier build and you wouldnt have to mess with all the welding of AC lines and such?
Old 08-16-12, 02:26 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 918lexsc
SUBSCRIBED to this AWESOME THREAD! the red dragon is going to be one hell of a car, im new to the SC world myself. picked up a 92 SC4 for a DD but it wont be like this lol. quick question through why choose an SC4 instead of a SC3 for the build? seems like it would be a much easier build and you wouldnt have to mess with all the welding of AC lines and such?
Thank you sir. You are perfectly right , if you are going to do a 2jz/1jz swap , you are better off to start with an SC300. It so happened that I already had that SC400 and got it at a real good price.
Old 08-16-12, 02:33 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gerrb
sorry to hear about the loss in the family .

you may have the SC body parts you needed .. just pick them up ..

thanks and i will let you know when i can come by and pick them up..
Old 08-16-12, 03:39 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

flex plate and torque converter silicon coated... then flexplate bolts torqued within specs on the block

Old 08-16-12, 03:41 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Finally got the BL tranny bolted to the engine

Last edited by gerrb; 08-16-12 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-16-12, 03:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Listening to the gurus around here who had been nice to point out that my coolant sensor location was not good, I decided to make a T connector in my upper water neck ... here you go Cartmill.. thanks !!! I hope this get your approval .. I just had to angle the sensors in a way I can still connect and disconnect the ECU coolant sensor and be able to take out also the hex bolt for the cover.

Last edited by gerrb; 08-16-12 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-16-12, 07:14 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very spiffy job there! Looks good.
Old 08-17-12, 05:37 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Before I left today, torqued the converter to the flexplate through the access hole

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys