2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-12, 05:19 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
No problem!

Now, I'm having trouble deciding which crossmember I need to use on my car. My car's an original auto and I'm doing the V160 swap, and bought a TT crossmember (the bent one like the one you installed on your SC).

Now I am wondering if that's the one I need or do I need the streight one from the NA. Hmm.
TT crossmember is what you need , you can use your stock sc one but you will have to use some muscle ..

tt is pnp, my buddy Fuzion bought a complete jdm with v160 swap and it came with a crossmember dropped it in and i didn't have to mess with the crossmember is was pnp.
Old 10-01-12, 06:00 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

thats awsome, thank you like always Omar!!!
Old 10-01-12, 07:50 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Gerrb, definitely one of my bookmarked build keepers!
thanks lilSCsteve

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I cant wait to see what kind of power it lays down. Its going to be crazy fast!!!
Shoot .. I just paid a Roswell Speeding Ticket I got with my supra last month. Not again with this SC I hope. I can't count the number of speeding tickets I had anymore. But am still lucky , a friend who is well known in the Supra community here , decided to sell his supra after 9 years of having it just because it kept on giving him troubles.. Last one before selling it this year was being in jail and license revoked because he was driving +75mph over the speed limit. Damn , what do you expect from a +1000rwph Supra ? .. temptations !!!!!

No problem!

Now, I'm having trouble deciding which crossmember I need to use on my car. My car's an original auto and I'm doing the V160 swap, and bought a TT crossmember (the bent one like the one you installed on your SC).

Now I am wondering if that's the one I need or do I need the streight one from the NA. Hmm.
Originally Posted by Quicksc4
TT crossmember is what you need , you can use your stock sc one but you will have to use some muscle ..

tt is pnp, my buddy Fuzion bought a complete jdm with v160 swap and it came with a crossmember dropped it in and i didn't have to mess with the crossmember is was pnp.
thats awsome, thank you like always Omar!!!
There you go , nice people like Omar are always there to give a helping hand .
Old 10-01-12, 07:53 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Shoot .. I just paid a Roswell Speeding Ticket I got with my supra last month. Not again with this SC I hope. I can't count the number of speeding tickets I had anymore. But am still lucky , a friend who is well known in the Supra community here , decided to sell his supra after 9 years of having it just because it kept on giving him troubles.. Last one before selling this year was being in jail and license revoked because he was driving +75mph the speed limit. Damnn , what do you expect from a +1000rwph Supra ?

Lets hope you can keep your foot of it less often.. I know its hard too. You just want to hear the turbo spool just a little.. :-)
Old 10-01-12, 08:04 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Lets hope you can keep your foot of it less often.. I know its hard too. You just want to hear the turbo spool just a little.. :-)
hahaha ... hard to resist that temptation when you are in a high powered supra or any boosted car . You have that +500rwhp lexus and I am sure you want more now .. Booze or rather Boost/Power is addictive...

This weekend I was searching for a Titan Line Lock on the forums so I can lock up my front wheels and do burnouts, in short..... play ! I had a good deal on one plus an item which made me curious. The titan line lock new is more or less $200 and for that price I got one plus an NX direct port setup . So now am doing a lot of readings and research about nitrous. Got it almost free , so why not include it in my build. It was basically free. It will be nice I guess to have one set up and when I decide to use it.. it's already there.

Here is the NX Direct port setup that for $200 comes with my TMS line lock. It has a 6 fogger/nozzle- one on each runner , 2 showerhead distribution blocks, 2 solenoids.. Just the solenoids,nozzles and showerheads are over $600 at NX online.

So I decided to buy the extra 10lbs NX bottle with contents for $90 from this friend of mine who sold his supra.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-01-12 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-01-12, 08:16 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

It is kinda a stealth setup , hidden under the runners but I want to convert it if I can even plumb it ...on top of my intake . That is if I can even do it with all the stuff I already have there like FPR,IACV ...

I might get away with it if I plumb it just like in the pictures below .. It will look cool having nitrous setup on top of the intake .

Imagine that nitrous plumbing on top of my intake .. It will look good I guess. Now I will eventually need a real good tuner if ever .

Last edited by gerrb; 10-01-12 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-01-12, 09:49 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

My goodness at the goodies. Man, I want to see this in person. Absolutely gorgeous...
Old 10-01-12, 10:03 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

My goodness at the goodies. Man, I want to see this in person. Absolutely gorgeous...
I guess it is luck.. got it from SF this weekend.. the very minute it was listed , I was on it and bought it .. lol.. so many people were after it .. damn for its price .. a runner with NX Direct port setup and TMS line lock ($125+65) .. you can't beat it ... individual components are pricey from NX. The dude said, it was just laying on his garage and decided not to use nitrous.
Old 10-01-12, 05:34 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I have replaced the front rubber brake lines with braided stainless brake lines some time back when I installed the LS400 brakes and have finally done those at the back today when I reached home. As you can see also in the pictures , I need to get the end part of my HKS Super Dragger II exhaust extended by 10" so it clears the rear sway bar . It used to be on my supra that is why it is short.

Old 10-01-12, 06:36 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I haven't looked at this thread in a while, I see that you've made some amazing to incredible progress! I love the detail of the work being put in in the engine setup!
Old 10-01-12, 06:55 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet Jesus Sweet Jesus on your new goodies Gerry lol! I thought you are just waiting around for an ECU of your liking lol. + = to awesomeness and a lot of crap in my pants lol when i get the 1st shotgun that is
Old 10-02-12, 01:11 AM
jgilk1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so 870hp on 93 and just over 1000hp on e85 and a 100-250 shot of nos.... so whats the ticket for doing 200mph+ in a 70mph zone?
Old 10-02-12, 07:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I haven't looked at this thread in a while, I see that you've made some amazing to incredible progress! I love the detail of the work being put in in the engine setup!
Thanks KingPhilip ! I know you too take good care of yours !

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Sweet Jesus Sweet Jesus on your new goodies Gerry lol! I thought you are just waiting around for an ECU of your liking lol. + = to awesomeness and a lot of crap in my pants lol when i get the 1st shotgun that is
Well, I never planned or thought of using nitrous but I happened to stumble accross this ad last weekend and got it almost for nothing so I might as well include it in my built. It won't hurt having one as long as it is well set up, tuned and used. I always had negative feelings about it but after a lot of reading / research I am more comfortable having one now. And it will look bad *** having nitrous plumbing in your engine bay when you pop that hood .

Originally Posted by jgilk1
so 870hp on 93 and just over 1000hp on e85 and a 100-250 shot of nos.... so whats the ticket for doing 200mph+ in a 70mph zone?
lol .. I don't even want to think about speeding tickets now buddy... my pocket still hurts from my last ticket ! I can't afford to get one in the next 18 months or I will be considered an habitual offender in GA and get my license suspended for 3 years...
Old 10-02-12, 07:29 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Well man, you don't need to get your license revoked or suspended for any amount of time. It aint worth all that. Now get off the forums and do some more work and lets see some videos of this thing in action. LOL
Old 10-02-12, 02:43 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Well man, you don't need to get your license revoked or suspended for any amount of time. It aint worth all that. Now get off the forums and do some more work and lets see some videos of this thing in action. LOL
True I will be behaving till these next 18 months passes. Not having I license makes you useless especially here in GA were mass transit is non existent outside of the metropolis.

lol, with the introduction of this nitrous thing which was never planned , now I have more stuff to keep me busy working on while I wait on AEM roll out their infinity-10 for the auto tranny supra

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys