Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-12, 02:49 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Some time back , I bought a HKS intercooler setup which I initially thought of using on this car but decided on a bigger FMIC instead. Sold that kit but kept the freebies that came with it which is the N2O / CO2 FMIC spray kit. Today , that is what I installed. Normally , you have to purge your nitrous system and make sure that it is filled with nitrous before activating your direct port system. Instead of spending more money buying a purge kit , I will use the solenoid for the spray bar that I already have to purge the line and at the same time cool down my FMIC. Thus I will only have one supply line of nitrous from the trunk.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-03-12 at 04:58 AM.
Old 10-02-12, 08:57 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, I am getting even more anxious man. This is going to be sick. You sure you only want 700 or so horsepower? I say go really big, like 1200...
Old 10-03-12, 04:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Wow, I am getting even more anxious man. This is going to be sick. You sure you only want 700 or so horsepower? I say go really big, like 1200...
I would really try to use this as my daily car. Meant to be used and enjoyed daily... not garaged like my supra which is used once in a blue moon. It will be a street car, not drag so I will stay on the 700rwhp on the BL auto tranny. That should translate to around 800rwhp on standard / manual tranny. When you have a usable power of +500rwhp on the streets, only a handful can touch you. So having around +700rwhp hhhmmm you better make sure you got the best radar detector in the market ...lol..the cars with red and blue lights on top will always be watching you ..lol.. And when you go for a higher hp, you will need to have a bigger turbo than that billet 67.. bigger turbo means more lag and spool / response time slower. I am not planning on using that nitrous always.

At least I know the whole system is capable of more when I really need to push it for which I don't see the need having a +1krwhp Supra. And running on a lower level means I am not straining the components of the system since it is capable of more. All these nice small things I am installing are stuff I didn't really pay for or didn't pay much so I might as well make good use of them. I know they are not a must. They are just nice to have stuff but when properly setup, tuned and used will surely help the red dragon on the streets and me in my quest for knowledge.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-03-12 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-03-12, 06:03 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It will be a handful, as we discussed earlier on the phone, it will be a beast. You are right, when you have 500 usable power there is only a handful that can touch you on the streets. Usually supercharged vettes and so on, and those are rare around here in my parts. Its always good to have plenty, so you have room to grow, thus the reason why I chose the S366 on the 1JZ. Yes it has lag, but more fuel by volume, and bam, everything else is there to turn up the boost. I really would like to see this one day in person. Next time I am in Atlanta, I will call you.
Old 10-03-12, 08:20 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
It will be a handful, as we discussed earlier on the phone, it will be a beast. You are right, when you have 500 usable power there is only a handful that can touch you on the streets. Usually supercharged vettes and so on, and those are rare around here in my parts. Its always good to have plenty, so you have room to grow, thus the reason why I chose the S366 on the 1JZ. Yes it has lag, but more fuel by volume, and bam, everything else is there to turn up the boost. I really would like to see this one day in person. Next time I am in Atlanta, I will call you.
Well am sure , you are enjoying the fact that you are the king of the roads in your area . You are now one of the Unreachables in your place...as my colleagues say... lmaol

Sure , let me know when you are around. This car is in my place which is not far from Zen. Am sure you are now familiar within that area..
Old 10-03-12, 08:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Someone was asking me why the spray bar isn't fastened.... my bad , the pictures were before I finalized the installation. Actually it is fastened with a cable tie on each side and has double sided taped padding in between so it wont create a hole on the FMIC due to vibration . I was thinking of 4 cable ties (2 on top and 2 at the bottom) but 2 seems to hold it tight .

Last edited by gerrb; 10-03-12 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-03-12, 09:13 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

While cleaning up the extra lower manifold runner I have so I can tap each runner for my nitrous nozzles , I decided to play around with my FMIC sprayer ...from the inside of the car , pushed the button and run in front to see the icy cloud of smoke ... didnt see much when I reach the front .. all dissipated in thin air .. but you can tell by touching the FMIC it is freezing cold and the spray bar still covered with ice like particles... what a way to cool down charged air. I will take pictures when I have someone to push that button for me. Hmmmm.. that gives me an idea .. maybe I can drill two small holes on the spray bar facing front upwards .. like a dragon spewing fire from its nostrils... lolololol... damn ..another RICEY idea ! But probably intimidating while waiting for the red light to turn green.. lol..

Last edited by gerrb; 10-03-12 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-03-12, 11:10 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its going to suck for whomever decides to pull up next to the red dragon. I really like your nitrous set up.
Old 10-04-12, 06:42 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by soarer13oy
Its going to suck for whomever decides to pull up next to the red dragon. I really like your nitrous set up.
Thanks for the compliments sir !
Old 10-04-12, 06:46 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I received my nitrous and line lock package yesterday after noon . Just wondering why the TMS line lock have so many fittings and lines. What comes from Titan are two small lines, a couple of fittings and that is supposed to be a complete one. I wonder if mine has lots of lines and fittings cause they used it in a supra that had no more ABS system on it.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-04-12 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-04-12, 06:54 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

After talking to NX technical support, I got answers to my questions about nitrous. The solenoid controls the release of nitrous and fuel from the nozzle. The nozzle has nothing to do with it except to create the mixture and facilitates the atomization. The fuel and nitrous line for a nozzle should either be of same length or the fuel line being shorter so to minimize that fraction of a second leaning out. The nitrous having over 900 psi on that line will travel a lot faster than the fuel which is pressurized at a lower psi.

What I got was plumbed well. It is sturdy and hidden under the runners but lines lengths are way off based on the recommendations given by NX.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-04-12 at 08:04 AM.
Old 10-04-12, 06:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

So I decided to take things apart and am thinking of plumbing my nitrous lines on top of the intake which looks a lot way better I believe. If I will keep it under the runners , I will just use SS braided lines of the same length. You see in the picture that nitrous lines are shorter than fuel lines which can cause that fraction of a second leaning out and cause damage to your engine. That is according to technical support of NX .

Last edited by gerrb; 10-04-12 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-04-12, 07:06 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

They also adviced not to use any teflon tape on their system.. use the teflon red loctite for sealing the threads

Nevertheless am still happy for the package since the nitrous was basically a give away for what I paid. Nitrous parts were way over $600 if I had to buy them from NX. I have tested all solenoids and do work good and on top of that , instead of just standard nitrous nozzles , they were actually piranha nozzles which were a lot better .

Old 10-04-12, 07:13 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Anybody around here had installed that Titan Line Lock on an SC400 body ? Just wondering were all these lines go. If I had to follow that from the supra, I will only use two of the small lines. The upper port from solenoid goes to the second port on the master cylinder and the line that came out of the master cylinder goes to the lower port of the solenoid.

Old 10-04-12, 07:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Just like in the supra , I will install the TMS line lock in the same location . Now I am thinking of taking that ugly ABS fusebox bracket and relocating all those wires / fuseboxes and free the engine bay of these wire mess so it looks cleaner. Since I didn't install the other stock 2jzgte engine I prepped for this car , I now hate that flat black color . I will more likely change that into a shiny black.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys