Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-12, 03:55 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gerrb
Instead of Gates submersible hose which is almost $25 a foot , I used this E85 / alcohol / gas friendly hose which was less than $4 a foot. This hose is famous with Chevy / Corvette guys. Some of them experience their Gates Submersible hoses blowing out with E85. So this is now their alternative and based on reports it had been really good aside from the fact that it is a lot cheaper too. This will connect my stock denso pump to my -6an output that goes to the fuel log. Even with a 14000 controller , based on my experience with my Supra, the Weldon 2345a can still be very annoying at times when you are just cruising or on city driving with traffic to be honest. So with this SC , I want to have the option of cruising around with a stock pump and the Weldon comes to the rescue in higher boosts.

I'm guessing that's the racetronix line?
Old 10-14-12, 06:36 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When did you get a proefi on your Supra?

Who tuned it? Any pics of where it's mounted?

thanks
Old 10-14-12, 07:00 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
I'm guessing that's the racetronix line?
yes sir

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
When did you get a proefi on your Supra?

Who tuned it? Any pics of where it's mounted?

thanks
Omar , the stroker supra was built by BoostLogic and proEFI was already there when I bought it from someone who was in a bind so had to sell it. So I have no idea who tuned it. I will assume somebody in TX since it is there where I picked up the car. ECU is bolted on the stock location.
Old 10-15-12, 09:46 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I had misplaced this part which controls the flow of hot coolant to the heater core . Before it disappears again , decided to paint and install it so I can tie down all these small loose ends that is yet to be done in the engine bay.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-15-12 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-15-12, 10:09 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

A question for the AEM v2 ECU gurus ...

Can the ecu control 2 pumps separately ? Let's say , at start up , it fires the Denso pump and run with it up to let's say 15 lbs of boost, then above that it fires the Weldon pump and turns OFF the Denso pump. In short , I wanted a scenario in which I am only running the Weldon pump in the higher boost. So with one pump , if it fails at higher boosts , the ECU senses the fuel pressure going down , it can shut off the engine thus avoiding any lean situations and not a situation in which the Denso pump still on and trying to catch up and cannot provide the volume of fuel needed and creating a catastrophic lean situation at high boost. I just want the Denso pump on during cruising or city driving situations so pump noise will be stock . At high boost , I won't care about the Weldon pump noise since the HKS Super Dragger will be drowning it at that level.

I read about the AEM Infinity-10 being able to control 2 pumps separately. I am getting impatient about this Infinity10 thing and want this car to be running soon. I don't know if I can wait any longer .

Last edited by gerrb; 10-15-12 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-16-12, 09:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Aside from the nitrous lines on the runner , I am trying to work on the small loose ends so all I have to do for this car is wait for the right ECU.

Worked on the Boost Solenoid. Installed AN/Npt fittings on the turbo , solenoid and waste gate so I can use SS braided lines.

Old 10-16-12, 09:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Bracket done , bolted it and connected all SS braided lines.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-16-12 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-17-12, 11:11 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Anyone here compared the Innovate LC1 wideband and AEM wideband ? Which is better ? I have never used the AEM eugo. It seems simpler having only 4 wires to connect and no free air calibration. Planning to use on this build the AEM . After all my ecu will more likely be an AEM too for this car.

Installed the AEM sensor. They are the same , Bosch 6 pins .. just different end connectors

Old 10-17-12, 12:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Someone was asking what happened to my meth fuel lab setup now that I don't use anymore 3 Denso pumps.. It is still there . Am still using the fuel log where the Denso and Weldon output goes. I just had to add a check valve after the weldon. The Denso has an internal check valve already. I will use the two extra -6 an fittings on top of the level sensor top to vent the tank since it is a requirement for the Weldon pump.

The Denso will provide the fuel needs for cruising and city driving up to maybe 15 psi of boost so there will be no noise from the Weldon pump. At high boost , then the Weldon goes to the rescue which at that level or WOT, exhaust would drown the pump noise. If it is even possible, I hope the ECU I am going into will be able shut down one pump or the other depending on boost level.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-17-12 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-18-12, 03:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

This car has come a long way in the past 7 months I have been working on it during my leisure times. I knew it can be done even if you all you knew was drive...like me. All the informations you need are out there. Just do a lot of readings and research. And keep asking people who knows . For non mechanics just like me, validating what you learn from the internet or others is important before doing it on your car. I am almost there with this car. Just some stuff that can come later like coil-overs , right size drag radial tires for my CCW wheels , catch cans, nitrous/fuel lines on runner for which I still can't convince myself to buy a 3/16" tube bender and stainless steel flaring tool which I will probably use only once. And the most important I have not slap the harness in yet cause I am waiting for the right ECU so I can incorporate all the sensors I really need into the harness. Not unless my impatience gets the upper hand of me , I will be waiting for the AEM Infinity-10 for Auto Transmission to roll out so I can have flex-fuel. Pro-Efi is really nice, I love it but I have no local support...

From

To

From

To

Last edited by gerrb; 10-20-12 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-18-12, 03:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

From

To

From

To

At this point , this car's specs are

* built 2jzgte bottom end with forged pistons and rods
- ARP rod bolts
- ARP main bolts
- ARP L19 head studs
- with all new accessories like oil pump, water pump, head gasket, ATI dampener

* refreshed head
- BC springs and retainers
- BC 272 cams
- Cam Gears

* Turbo / Exhaust / Intercooler / Intake / Cooling System
- Precision Billet 6765 CEA .96 a/r
- 5" K&N filter / cold intake direct from the front bumper opening
- 4" downpipe / mid pipe
- 4" exhaust pipe up to the HKS Super Dragger II muffler
- TurboSmart Hyper-Gate 45 wastegate
- Tial Blow off Valve
- 6" intercooler
- 2.75" IC pipes hot side
- 3.25" IC pipes cold side
- Q45 90mm throttle body
- Greddy Style intake manifold
- AEM Boost Solenoid
- CX racing radiator
- IS300 dual fan setup

* Fuel System
- Bosch Deka IV 2433cc low impedance Injectors
- Fuel Rail - 2 x -10an in and -6an exit
- 10an feed from fuel log to front and Y to 2 x -10an fuel rail ends
- 8 an return
- Weldon 2345a Racing pump
- Weldon 14000 Controller
- Weldon 40 micron pre pump filter
- Weldon 10 micrn post pump filter
- Weldon Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Aeromotive Check Valve for Weldon
- Denso TT pump
- Fuel log
- Flex fuel sensor on the -8an return line
- AEM Peak and Hold Injector Driver
- All lines,fittings and accessories are all teflon coated or anodized so they are E85 friendly

- NX Nitrous Direct port system (nitrous / fuel lines on runner to be fabricated still)
- 75 shot to 300 shots jets
- NX Nitrous N-tercooler Spray system
- 2 x 10lb Nitrous bottles

* Drivetrain
- Boost Logic Auto Transmission 3800 stall converter
- Auto TT 3.76 LSD Differential

* Gauges - are all Stewart Warners / AEM
* Sensors - all kinds for the ECU / gauges

ECU remains a question mark right now but am leaning to AEM Infinity-10. I can't wait to hear this car run. Though I have ran the engine before in one of my Supra with less than1k miles.

The objective I had on this car was to have a true sleeper . Stock looking on the outside but will have the power to play anytime. Hopefully this setup will give me 700rwhp on E85 with the BL Auto tranny and Precision Billet 6765 turbo for my dailly driving. But for Dyno purposes, we will probably slap in the Precision Billet 7685 DBB just for me to see if it will make the +1k rwhp range... maybe not .. I wonder if the auto tranny will be a limiting factor...I believe too much power loss on the drivetrain. Damn , that is where you will love to have a 6 speed / manual tranny.

Last edited by gerrb; 10-20-12 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-20-12, 10:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Anyone has experience about this K&N Dry Charger ? It is suppose to be water repellant and be trapping dust too. Are they effective in keeping the filter dry ?

My filter is on this location so it can get all the best cold air needed by the engine to make power. But when the road is wet , water may splash into the filter from the different openings seen in the pictures below and depending on the amount of water , engine may even be hydrolocked.

Though on extreme wet scenario , I can take out the clamp and front most part of the intake pipe so filter can be moved inside the engine bay... far from wet conditions. But if the dry charger is effective then I can avoid doing that. So anybody had used these dry chargers and any feedback ?

Last edited by gerrb; 10-20-12 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-20-12, 05:47 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I can honestly say that this is going to be a true sleeper. You haven't cut any corners in my book. Looks great Jerry!
Old 10-23-12, 10:52 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW amazing progress on your SC Gerry! its been a while but your build is coming close.. When are you bringing your SC to Zen? Now that you live not too far away from them..
Old 10-23-12, 04:37 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
WOW amazing progress on your SC Gerry! its been a while but your build is coming close.. When are you bringing your SC to Zen? Now that you live not too far away from them..
Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I can honestly say that this is going to be a true sleeper. You haven't cut any corners in my book. Looks great Jerry!

Thanks guys ... almost there .. little more stuff and the right ECU.

Rey - here you are again , lol.. how many times I told you , Zen will never see my SC or Supras in their shop.. lol.. what ? to collect dust ? Mark's tuning process which can be done in a day or two took more than 6 weeks.... Damn , Duwerke's SC is still there up to now... that is loooooooooooooooonnnnnggggggggg OVERDUE... excuses.....I don't even want to hear about it. I just heard from JB today and I really feel bad for him to have his car more than a year there and not even close to completion he said.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys