Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-13, 03:43 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by GotRiceYo
lmao... This is such a great color.. so classy! it would be one thing if the car was originally green or red or every other color you see... But not Platinum.. Too Classy of a color to change..Platinum Metallic makes a true "Supra in a fat suit" or "Supra in a very nice Tuxedo" haha ... Youll make a good decision either way... I mean, look at your fleet of vehicles haha
Originally Posted by Toyboxx
Thats a tough choice. I REALLY like the Anthracite (1A1) color, but the Platinum Metallic is a rare color. Either color will look great though.
I know the 1A0 just like the 1A1 are rare colors ...here is the Anthracite MKIV I had two years ago. I miss that color .. I just don't know if it will look good on an Lexus SC

Old 02-20-13, 03:47 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a couple 1A1 SC300's. 1A1 & Black Interior

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-progress.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...parts-etc.html
Old 02-20-13, 03:56 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Nice ... I like it ... the only thing with anthracite , depending on the time of the day and daylight , the color of the car changes . So it will be 1A0 or 1A1 .... damn , white and black out of the equation again ??? .... we will see ... oh my head is hurting ....

btw , I need to get these two trucks out of my place in North GA ...took more pictures of them found on these links... I would prefer a trade with something that strikes my interest ..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/non...71k-miles.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/non...enali-awd.html
Old 02-21-13, 04:51 AM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont get me wrong, I love the anthracite color.. If I had a different color SC, I would repaint mine to the anthracite..

Man I wish I had a 1A0 Supra!!!
Old 02-22-13, 06:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GotRiceYo
Dont get me wrong, I love the anthracite color.. If I had a different color SC, I would repaint mine to the anthracite..

Man I wish I had a 1A0 Supra!!!
We will see how it goes as time pass ... right now , I am on the fence on which color. Quicksilver on a Supra is my favourite color. It is in the middle of Silver and Anthracite....
Old 02-22-13, 06:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Logos,badges and rear spoiler gone. I have sanded the car with 400 and 600 grits so it is ready for painting when warmer weather comes. Now both my SC projects are badgeless and wingless. A lot of crazy ideas coming into my mind now... maybe one SC 1A0 paint and the other SC 1A1 paint ....maybe I can paint the SC myself.. due to the want in me to learn. If I am not happy with the outcome then I can always bring it to the paintshop..All I lost was time and paint . The desire to learn something new is always there. And the thought of having a twin turbo 1uzfe 6 speed comes to my mind since I already have a 2jz SC and 2jz MKIVs... just crazy ideas.

Old 03-03-13, 08:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thank you to Chris (1siksc) for showing me were a good place to relocate my fuse box and decided I will do a wire tuck on my engine bay to clean up a bit those messy wires.

So today , I started pulling out all wirings ..

Old 03-03-13, 01:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Fender top wires gone . I wonder if I need to do some tack welding and use some bondo to smoothen the fender well and cover the holes before painting them.

Old 03-03-13, 02:22 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Gerrb, you must post more pictures of how you are tucking and hiding these wires. I thought this thread was done. LOL

Exactly how much money do you have invested in this SC? I don't want to know... LOL
Old 03-04-13, 06:53 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Gerrb, you must post more pictures of how you are tucking and hiding these wires. I thought this thread was done. LOL

Exactly how much money do you have invested in this SC? I don't want to know... LOL
lol ... I wish it is all done. We always find something we want to do. It is a never ending story .

I myself don't even want to know how much I have spent on these toys... all the more my wife wouldn't want to know..lol. Every time my wife sees a package from UPS / FEDEX or UPS , her usual phrase is , "Lucky cars, there is always a package for them, none for me ...lmaol."

The wires on top of the wheel wells are easy . Those wires end up with plugs on junction boxes on both the driver side and passenger side.

On the following pictures , you see the holes going to the footwell were I took out said wirings. Well of course you will need to take out the wheel well cover to have access on those holes.

Old 03-04-13, 06:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I had to take out the whole front harness since I am relocating the fuse box because of my intake pipes, q45 throttle body and intake plenum which is a greddy style. If you are not relocating the fusebox, you don't have to take it out, jusy route those wires on top of the wheel well right under the fenders , insulating and securing them well.

Old 03-05-13, 08:51 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got the passenger side wires kinda tucked up now .. a lot cleaner. I had to extend the wires for the AC line . Insulated and fastened the wires under the well.

Old 03-05-13, 11:46 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Gerrb how will this affect SC that are slammed? What wheel and rim setup do you have? Lowered?
Old 03-05-13, 01:38 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Gerrb how will this affect SC that are slammed? What wheel and rim setup do you have? Lowered?
I have 18" wheels right now but my final setup on this car will be 18 in front and 17 at the back. I need wider and meaty tires for power. I cannot really slam or go so low cause my 4" downpipe / midpipe and exhaust will be touching the ground or bumps. When I get the coilovers I will adjust them accordingly .

Well,.. the coilovers should do the work also.. .. not getting those tires all the way up there cause they will damage those wires. In fact I saw a thread here , he did the opposite, since the car was so slammed , he had to relocate the wires on the driver side to the top of the wheel well inside the engine bay cause the tires were damaging the white cover for the wires.

It's all about the purpose of your car I guess. It will definitely not work for people who wanted their car so low and do not have good suspension set up that will prevent the tires from touching those wires.
Old 03-05-13, 06:49 PM
slydjunkie
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

more pics of the wire tuck... my engine is coming out in 2 weeks and going to cleana nd paint whole bay.. tuck harness and everything else that i can.. where you putting the fuse box

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys