gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Direct Port Nitrous lines done ...

Old 03-27-13, 08:39 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got two 10lbs nitrous bottles .. one for the engine nitrous system and the other for the N-tercooler system

Arming and activation switches for the nitrous and N-tercooler system together with the Weldon kill switch and potentiometer

Old 03-27-13, 09:39 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Good gosh man. This thing just looks plain sick man. I could almost tell you what you look like in the photo, the intake was so shiny. :-)
Old 03-27-13, 10:15 AM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sick. Really makes me want to build something similar.
Old 03-27-13, 11:26 AM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Really looks intimidating Sir Gerry! Good thing i know u, I wouldn't try messing w/ u on street.
Old 03-27-13, 12:47 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Good gosh man. This thing just looks plain sick man. I could almost tell you what you look like in the photo, the intake was so shiny. :-)
I haven't even polished that intake ...lol.

Originally Posted by lookEVO
So sick. Really makes me want to build something similar.
do it man !

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Wow! Really looks intimidating Sir Gerry! Good thing i know u, I wouldn't try messing w/ u on street.
looks can be deceiving... it will be useless without a good tuner setting it up .

I wanted to make sure that my measurements are alright so I decided to test fit the intake with the nitrous lines so I can make sure it will clear my strut bar ..

Last edited by gerrb; 03-27-13 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-27-13, 12:48 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I had at least 2 inches of clearance from the strut bar

Old 03-28-13, 06:31 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

While the intake manifold is out , I figured I will install the 3 wire oil pressure sensor needed by the ECU for failsafe protection. Currently installed as seen in the picture are the oil temp and oil pressure sensors for the gauges. I will need to cap the coolant outlet too that use to go to the oem oil cooler which I took out and replaced it with an external oil cooler and filter relocation unit and used an NA piping for the heater core. A lot of small things will really nickel and dime you, though a lot are not a must to get your car running. They are only protection devices to help you protect your motor/drivetrain and maximize the capabilities of the ECU you are using. The current oil pressure sensor for the gauge is installed before the oil goes into the oil filter / cooler. The ECU oil pressure sensor which will be on the union bolt is actually after the oil have gone through the oil filter / cooler. That will enable me to see if there is an oil pressure drop before and after the oil filter/cooler. The current oil temp sensor for the gauge is installed after the oil filter/cooler so I know how much was the oil cooled down. Though I have another ECU oil temp sensor needed by ProEFI tapped into the oil pan which gives the actual oil temp currently in the engine.

Got the Lexus union bolt where I will install the AEM 150 psi oil pressure sensor which is NPT ..so you have to get an NPT to BSPT adaptor since the lexus union bolt has bspt thread

Last edited by gerrb; 03-28-13 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-28-13, 07:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

When taking out the oem oil cooler and wrap around coolant pipe , some suggests using the NA oil bracket too whose picture is posted below. The oil filter is kinda slanted downwards... so cleaner look on top. But I decided to use the gte oil bracket because with the Mocal Oil Filter Sandwich and relocation units, I felt it harder to access the Mocal AN fittings.

Mocal Sandwhich plate opens up when it senses oil being above 180 degrees and sends it to the oil cooler before going into the filter...

coolant cap and oil fiter/cooler bracket with the temp and 2 oil pressure sensors installed . As soon as my oil coolers arrive , I will plumb the Mocal Sandwhich plate and oil filter relocation units.

Old 03-28-13, 08:13 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

My goodness. The hits just keep coming man!!! More great progress!!!
Old 03-28-13, 09:16 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
My goodness. The hits just keep coming man!!! More great progress!!!
Well , got to do some work before I go for my spring break. Remember, I told you I am going somewhere far away.. ...

And , I need to get this done before it hits the 300k views.. lmaol. It is long overdue. Its a year now... damn. A lot of this small things had been burning a hole in my pocket. I am almost at the cost of my other 6 speed supra, not the stroker 6 speed though. And I haven't even bought the proEFI which will be around $4k with accessories plus tuning cost.

At times it is a lot better really buying something already done and tested to be honest. At the end of the day , you just ride and drive. Though you can't bragged that you worked on it... Well for the supra , I tried getting something built by somebody but it was a failure , in my exasperation , decided to buy a stroker 6 speed and another one built by well known supra builders..... lol.

At least with this SC project , though it takes an eternity to complete , lol, I can say I did it and I have nobody to blame but myself if it fails but I am very optimistic about it. It is a learning process as you go. After all no one will take better care of your interests or your stuff but yourself.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-28-13 at 09:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
yick99 (04-28-22)
Old 03-28-13, 09:30 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Fedex just showed up and delivered these. I ordered two 30 row , two 19 row and one 16 row coolers . So far got two. Three of them would be for the Boost Logic Tranny. Heat destroys the auto transmission tranny so a lot of coolers is recommended. One will be for my engine oil cooler with the mocal sandwich plate / thermostat and the other for the Power steering .

Last edited by gerrb; 03-28-13 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-31-13, 10:08 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Turns out just the way I like it , sleeper look . FMIC is not very noticeable from a distance. You will have to come up close to see it.

Five feet away

I can still see it..lol
Old 03-31-13, 10:28 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nuturf87
I can still see it..lol
from five feet away yes you can ...I do too , lmaol .

That intercooler is not in the car anymore I have long sold that HKS type - S intercooler last year and installed a lot bigger one so it is indeed harder to hide too with the N-tercooler loop.

Last edited by gerrb; 03-31-13 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-31-13, 03:25 PM
Nomolos1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wicked!!! Now could you just put my car together????haha

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys