Search this Thread

Old 04-01-13, 02:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomolos1
Wicked!!! Now could you just put my car together????haha
Thanks Sol !

You don't want me putting your Supra together ... it will be another guinea pig for me .. haha...

But mind you, since your engine and tranny are all done , all you have to do is put them together and put it in the bay .. not much work anymore. You can save some money by doing it yourself and just get it tuned... Oh.. I remember , you got to get that engine be inspected again just to make sure ...
Old 04-01-13, 06:39 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Whats left now Gerry? Any more word on the standalone that you have been waiting on forever???? You think you will make it IA? its getting close.
Old 04-02-13, 05:31 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Mark , even if I buy the proEFI now , I still won't make it since I will still be out , far away on those days... aside from the fact that the nearest proficient proEFI tuner is 500 miles away from me...so I need to schedule a tuning work. I wouldn't like to take the chance on this car by bringing it to a tuner who do not tune a lot of proEFI ECUs. I don't want to be a guinea pig.

Another thing,I am really waiting for a really good deal on SF for a proEFI. If I buy one now , it is around $4k with the accessories... I should have grabbed one in their last thanksgiving sale for which same package was around $3200. Am sure, sooner or later , will find a good deal on it not unless I get impatient and just bite the bullet on the current market price.

The only thing the car needs right now is basically the standalone and small things like catch can ( btw, need to get -10an fittings welded on those valve covers) , make the brackets for my oil coolers. I have started that engine and will surely run.... just small things. I might as well do things right than be in a hurry just to get it done. It is not like I need the car so I am really taking my time and do things right the first time . Am pretty sure by the next IA it will have all been completed. Even before that if it is completed , maybe Rey and I can take it for a ride to AL to see you and Jay.... IF ever, something happens and I am back on those IA days, I will go and bring the stroker 6 speed supra.

For the catch can , I have ordered it today and thanks to 97-SC300 for the help ...it is same one he bought. Two -10AN coming from each valve cover and one -10AN to the turbo pipe for vaccum / scavenging. It sits right there were the charcoal canister is and uses the same bolt location to fasten the canister. Though at this point, I am not decided wether I want it there and take away the canister. I hate to have fuel smell around the garage once the car sits...will see.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-02-13 at 05:52 AM.
Old 04-02-13, 12:41 PM
FatA55SQ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow looks like a killer build
Old 04-02-13, 04:45 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Thanks , just trying to do my best . All info you need are on the net , just got to do a lot of research, a lot of reading and a lot of verifying . As long as you are determined and got some skills and the means, I don't see any reason why one can't do it.
Old 04-06-13, 04:50 PM
Holtspeed
Driver

Would love to know where you got the Mocal Oil Filter Sandwich..... do you have a link? Nice build!
Old 04-06-13, 05:39 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

thank you sir ...

this is where I ordered it -> http://www.batinc.net/mocal.htm
Old 04-06-13, 05:47 PM
drifterx27
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice build. I have that same catch can too! I am going to cap the charcoal canister line that gives the fuel smell. I noticed it vents the fumes pretty bad.
Old 04-06-13, 06:04 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Man, that thing looks superb.
Old 04-09-13, 06:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by drifterx27
Nice build. I have that same catch can too! I am going to cap the charcoal canister line that gives the fuel smell. I noticed it vents the fumes pretty bad.
Though I haven't received it yet, I was told it is nice. That's one reason I was planning to install it near the turbo intake pipe so I don't have to remove the charcoal canister. Got that problem in my supra.. fuel smell in the garage when they sit for a long time.

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Man, that thing looks superb.
It does and thanks to 97-SC300 for sharing the source. For its price, I believe it was worth it.

I saw JB (Duwerke) and his 2jzgte SC last Sunday at Kurtis shop meet... looks and sounded good. Sol / Michelle were also there. Kurtis shop meet was full packed.... good turn out. Decided to go since I can't make it to the IA. I will be on my way out for a much deserved vacation this week.

Last edited by gerrb; 04-09-13 at 09:58 AM.
Old 04-09-13, 05:53 PM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

damn gerry been busy need to stop by and say hi sometime, the build is looking great
Old 04-10-13, 03:55 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chnk
damn gerry been busy need to stop by and say hi sometime, the build is looking great
Sure , just let me know when ....so I can be there...

While I want to use proEFI on this car , I would try to wait for a sale on the system.. its a big difference in price $3k against regular $4k with all accessories.

Meanwhile , when I am back from vacation I will play around with the AEM v2 I just received today just to get this car running around till I get a proEFI.

Old 04-12-13, 08:18 AM
babillarac
Driver

gerry pm your phone number please
Old 04-12-13, 11:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got this today from Terry ... .it is a damn nice cover , well fabricated .
[/URL]

Placed it on top of the ABS and canister and see how it looks ..
[/URL]
Old 04-18-13, 07:09 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I guess more stuff / work will keep me busy once am back in town. When I decided to use the BL auto tranny , I was advised to use a lot of coolers since heat is what kills the auto tranny. The more the merrier I was told, so I decided to put in three for the auto tranny together with the engine and ps cooler. Where the heck I will put all of these , that remains to be seen when am back . I was initially thinking one on the lower passenger head light together with my intake filter, two behind the inter-cooler and probably install push fans and the two small ones for engine oil and power steering on the lower driver head light.

The catch can I was told arrived. It is powder coated and its huge but a nice piece. It looks like it's almost same size or even bigger in circumference with that of the charcoal canister ..

Last edited by gerrb; 04-18-13 at 07:31 AM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys