Slow400
Driver School Candidate

Car looks great keep going man.
Old 05-06-13 | 01:31 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Slow400
Car looks great keep going man.
Thank you ! Time for you to post your 2jzgte SC400 build also buddy !
Old 05-08-13 | 12:55 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I am trying to cut the number of braided lines going around the engine bay so it looks neat ... thus I need to use Tee fittings (connectors). I wonder wether E85 will have real bad effects on BRASS Tee fittings/connectors .Any first hand experience ????? ...... As you can see in the second picture that I used 2 Tee connectors on the Weldon regulator so I can install the sensor for fuel pressure gauge, a fuel gauge and a fuel pressure switch for my nitrous.

Next question , will Wheel/Rim size 15 fit at the back of our Lexus SC400 with stock rear brakes. Are the Lexus SC400 rear brakes same as the Supra NA rear brakes ? Am planning to use Weld RTS 18x9 255 tires in front and 15x10.83 with 8.5 back spacing 315 Mickey Thompson ET street tires at the back ...... setup will be similar to the one pictured below so I need to know if Rim Size 15 will fit our SC400 stock rotors and brakes . If not , then I will have to source the Supra NA rear breaks.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-09-13 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-11-13 | 11:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

All the fluids on the SC had now just been replaced ... PS , Diff , Tranny and Engine Oil . Today , the exhaust shop told me it will cost me $50 to weld the v-bands on the 4" extension pipe so I decided to do it myself. It is not the best looking welding job but I guess I can live with it. It at least saved me some money.

Painted it with 2000 Hight Temp Paint

I can at least use this 4" downpipe / midpipe / catback HKS Super Dragger II exhaust either in an SC or back in another Supra MKIV by just inserting or removing the extension

With this first ever welding job ... my eyes are hurting even with the welding mask ..

Last edited by gerrb; 05-11-13 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-11-13 | 02:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Now got my 4" exhaust all tucked up ...

Last edited by gerrb; 05-11-13 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-11-13 | 04:35 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

It looks good for the first time. I am not a welder either.
Old 05-13-13 | 01:16 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
It looks good for the first time. I am not a welder either.
It's a long way for me ... need to learn and practice to get good clean welded parts.
Old 05-13-13 | 01:23 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Today I was verifiying all my wirings / pinnings since I will first use an AEM v2 to get the car running. I started this engine two months ago on my proEFI from the supra so I wanted to make sure all pins are on the right place. Just received the ecu from AEM with updated auto tranny hardware. Suddenly even if I put the shifter in park , I couldn't take out the key without disconnecting one of the battery terminals. I knew , having come across a thread on this , it had something to do with the shifter...thanks to the forum for such information. Helps and saves a lot by doing it yourself.

In my case, there was something wrong on the mechanical switch . It won't totally go up and down every time you move the shifter due to the metal pin bent

the mechanical switch is on the right side of the shifter.. this one

cleaned it up and straightened that metal pin, then reassemble and you are good !!!

Last edited by gerrb; 05-13-13 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-13-13 | 06:13 PM
lilSCsteve

Damn Jerry, you're not playing around are you? Hey let me know when you're going to drive this thing, so I can make sure my slow SC is no where to be found? lol...looking good, your build detail is awesome brother!

steve
Old 05-14-13 | 11:28 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Damn Jerry, you're not playing around are you? Hey let me know when you're going to drive this thing, so I can make sure my slow SC is no where to be found? lol...looking good, your build detail is awesome brother!

steve

Thanks Steve ! I am just trying to do the best I can , buddy ...
Old 05-14-13 | 11:31 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I have just installed the gauges on the driver side pillar ... will need to wire them up then install the gauges on the other side pillar and center console. I didn't want to have so many gauges but I had these sitting around for the past 4 years since I first wanted a built SC so I might as well use them.

On the driver side , I have pressure gauges , BOOST , OIL and FUEL

Last edited by gerrb; 05-14-13 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-14-13 | 03:28 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got my passenger side gauges on the pillar . On this side I have the temperature gauges , WATER , ENGINE OIL and TRANSMISSION OIL . Now I need to find a place for my AEM wideband and AEM serial gauge.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-14-13 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-15-13 | 05:26 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Today , I was in a mission .. took my Tahoe , rented a uhaul autosport trailer and took a 2 1/2 hour drive down South GA. I was asked to pick up a car that was being given away by a forum member due to the fact that he couldn't work on it anymore due to some injuries. But indeed he is a Lexus fanatic. He had been working on the car making it look good . Just like many of us , he is not a mechanic.. just have the passion to work on the car. I would say , after meeting and talking to Alvin , he indeed is a very nice guy. One of the coolest forum member I have met in person. My hats off to him . I told him , given some time , he would see the car with a built 2jzgte and 6 speed. I will make sure it will be built better than my red dragon since it will have a stroker 2jzgte. I already have the drivetrain (engine/tranny/diff) except the 3.4 stroker kit , triple tilton and a trd lsd. For a 1992 SC400 , the body is clean . Carfax is clean too.. no accidents or any derogatory remarks. Been a Georgia car all its life so it is rust free.

The moment I arrived his place , took pictures of the car ...

Last edited by gerrb; 05-15-13 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-15-13 | 05:29 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Due to the fact that his injuries wouldn't allow him to work on the car anymore , most of the parts are out of the car . He said if I didn't come around to pick things up, it would have been in the curb for the trash people to get. BTW, we wish him good health and hope he gets better.

loaded it on the trailer

and after another 2 1/2 hours .. it was in my place

Well .. the journey begins for another car that will occupy a lot of my time till it is fully built with a stroker 2jzgte / 6 speed ...but will be fun am sure. Am thinking of asking Errol of TPS to build the stroker motor... top to bottom so all we need to do is install the intake / turbo and other accessories.

Alvin - I wish you get well soon and the next time you will see this car , you will be surprised. I know you have seen the engine on my red dragon. It will be better than that !

Last edited by gerrb; 05-15-13 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-15-13 | 07:39 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Sir Gerrb, im glad you made it home safetly after driving 40+miles opposite direction lol. Car looks even better up closed. Im glad you ended up w/ it cuz i know you'll take good care of it. Looking forward on your next build.

PS
LMK if u recieve the $$$
thanks again

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys