Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-13, 07:52 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
Sir Gerrb, im glad you made it home safetly after driving 40+miles opposite direction lol.
That was freaking Mark's and your fault ...,(got to blame him and you...lol..) I was talking to him on the phone right after I picked it up and when I entered I-75 I took the entrance heading south instead of north . Then we talked ... I just realized I was on the wrong direction after 40 miles far away...
Old 05-16-13, 06:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

This morning test drove the SC400 that I just picked up and see the condition of the engine / tranny. This car based on its carfax has 280k miles in 2008. So I assume this car at this time has around 350k miles. The car bogs down and I hear rod knock and tranny seals are shot .. it leaks fluid. So I guess the whole drivetrain is being dumped.

Well the body was all our concern after all... clean and hey you can't ask for more . It was FREE !!!

Took some shots after my test drive :

Body lines are straight and dent less... maybe small nicks and scratches here and there ... no body work needed , just a good paint job.

Interior needs some work .. but I will use the platinum SC for parts to complete this car's interior before I sell that platinum .

Old 05-16-13, 07:21 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Will655ard
Looks like somebody painted the front air dam too.
No, center air dam wasnt painted white.. that is a styrofoam ... but looking through the rubbles of parts that came with it , I right away spotted the front center grille and fog lights ..

Last edited by gerrb; 05-16-13 at 07:30 AM.
Old 05-16-13, 07:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Poor platinum SC400 has to go to the backyard till I bring one of my vehicles in my place in the south. But that damn car will drive anywhere. Engine and tranny are so strong that is why I hate to take the drivetrain out just to do a 6 speed 2jzgte swap. If I had no other car , I wouldn't even hesitate to drive that platinum SC from GA to Alaska . Those 1uzfe just refuse to die when well maintained I guess. That's how confident I am with its engine and tranny . Though I know my wife won't ride with me on it and guess why ? Cause she says the SC has small and miserable cup holders .. and much more she will never use my Supra MKIVs (which is of course more favourable for me ) .. and why ? Just because the MKIVs have no cup holders.. lmaol

For now , I will use some of its interior parts to complete the free SC .

Last edited by gerrb; 07-05-13 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-16-13, 08:37 AM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2j swaps are the norm for are cars... How about switching
Old 05-16-13, 09:32 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
2j swaps are the norm for are cars... How about switching
I hear you ! If your question was why I wouldn't do another swap other than a 2jz , it is not that I won't. First I always end up with an SC400. IF I had a chance to have an SC300 then I would have done an NA-T. On an SC400 taking out the whole drivetrain , I would prefer to go 2jzgte since I am getting a engine after all. Then at this point , for this SC , I already have the complete engine , 6 speed and diff in my garage sitting around for a year now since I bought them.

One which I prepped for the red dragon SC last year , I just ended selling it on SF to a guy in Jax, FL a month or so ago for his MKIV since I decided to use the built engine that came from a MKIV I sold as a roller. So I would like to use the other set of 6 speed drivetrain for this free SC I just got yesterday.

So I don't necessarily dislike 1jz or 2JZ NA-T , it so happened that what I already have in parts makes it more beneficial for me to stay within the same power plant. So I can always swap parts also from one car to the other , specially now that this will be my 4th 2jzgte horse in the barn. It makes troubleshooting easier having parts you can swap from one car to the other.

And me not being a mechanic , just a DIY guy who is just like most of people here on this forum and being more exposed to 2jzgte makes it easier for me . Though am willing to learn and try new things. Tinkering with these cars keeps me sane on my free time ... lmaol.

BTW , how is your project going on ? Hope things are going on smoothly.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-16-13 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-16-13, 09:51 AM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Why not do something out of the norm like a turbo 1uz
Old 05-16-13, 10:50 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^^ That's what i thought about doing! and I will do it !
Old 05-16-13, 11:22 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Why not do something out of the norm like a turbo 1uz
I thought of that a long time ago when I was first looking at SCs.. twin turbo 1uzfe (or 2uzfte bottom end I heard was better / bigger displacement.. .. I don't know . ) And I was even more encouraged when I saw that of Eric (cowboybeepop on SF) supra whose wide body was done by Stefan (Elite in Jax FL ) and engine redone by SP . But when I ran down the figures and did a research on the available aftermarket support and people doing it , with the amount of money you will pour in, you can have a good powerful 2jz power plant. Though honestly I always wanted one of those twin turbo uzfe.

Who knows , since the engine of this SC is going out and I still have the platinum SC400 with 1uzfe , it can be something to look at next. The looks of the engine bay of a twin turbo uzfe is sick that you want to have one.... I do , I won't lie

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
^^^^ That's what i thought about doing! and I will do it !
Omar - do it , then maybe you can help us out and make it easier for us on this forum with the knowledge you can share every one.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-16-13 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-16-13, 11:34 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

I will !

Stock motor, R154, BW S372 Turbo, E85, AEM InfinitY 10, Big Fuel, etc .. Should be fun for sure.
Old 05-16-13, 11:38 AM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Red face

Originally Posted by gerrb
I hear you ! If your question was why I wouldn't do another swap other than a 2jz , it is not that I won't. First I always end up with an SC400. IF I had a chance to have an SC300 then I would have done an NA-T. On an SC400 taking out the whole drivetrain , I would prefer to go 2jzgte since I am getting a engine after all. Then at this point , for this SC , I already have the complete engine , 6 speed and diff in my garage sitting around for a year now since I bought them.

One which I prepped for the red dragon SC last year , I just ended selling it on SF to a guy in Jax, FL a month or so ago for his MKIV since I decided to use the built engine that came from a MKIV I sold as a roller. So I would like to use the other set of 6 speed drivetrain for this free SC I just got yesterday.

So I don't necessarily dislike 1jz or 2JZ NA-T , it so happened that what I already have in parts makes it more beneficial for me to stay within the same power plant. So I can always swap parts also from one car to the other , specially now that this will be my 4th 2jzgte horse in the barn. It makes troubleshooting easier having parts you can swap from one car to the other.

And me not being a mechanic , just a DIY guy who is just like most of people here on this forum and being more exposed to 2jzgte makes it easier for me . Though am willing to learn and try new things. Tinkering with these cars keeps me sane on my free time ... lmaol.

BTW , how is your project going on ? Hope things are going on smoothly.
Sorry didn't know the first message actually sent.. You make sense with the get route

As for me all I need is a c clamp for my DP and call my tuner to be back on the road
Old 05-16-13, 11:42 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

I will !

Stock motor, R154, BW S372 Turbo, E85, AEM InfinitY 10, Big Fuel, etc .. Should be fun for sure.
Go ahead....use my car as the donor vehicle.
Old 05-16-13, 11:54 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I will !

What is the max safe HP the 1uzfe can handle on stock internals ? Damn , looks like my initial wish of having a twin turbo 1uzfe setup will materialize... lol. The looks of the engine bay with turbo on each side captivates me.

Sorry didn't know the first message actually sent.. You make sense with the get route

As for me all I need is a c clamp for my DP and call my tuner to be back on the road
No problem . If you only are near me , hhmm I have lots of C clamps I accidentaly bought some time back bidding on ebay.. lol.

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
Now , I am getting excited again about a twin turbo UZFE !!!!! I just need someone who can help us with the knowledge .. resource is so scarce on these twin turbo UZFE . I remember reading on lextreme I believe that a mix and match with the 2uzfe or 3uzfe on head / short block gets a good combination due to more displacement.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-16-13 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-16-13, 12:56 PM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Lol.. You and Omar both just need to move out here its like summer 360 days out of the year, its the boosted sc motherland, a beach can't be anymore then 30min from your home i don't care where you home is located, the south beach you see on tv with all the hot basically naked women is really how it is on a day to day bases... Must I go on?
Old 05-16-13, 01:29 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
Too late i already have a motor and another SC for that.
Originally Posted by gerrb
What is the max safe HP the 1uzfe can handle on stock internals ? Damn , looks like my initial wish of having a twin turbo 1uzfe setup will materialize... lol. The looks of the engine bay with turbo on each side captivates me.
I am sure it's just as strong as the 2jz ,800whp on stock block imo, but we'll see.

I don't like twin setup One big single will do it for me.

my next project is 1UZ or LSX Single Turbo.

Lol.. You and Omar both just need to move out here its like summer 360 days out of the year, its the boosted sc motherland, a beach can't be anymore then 30min from your home i don't care where you home is located, the south beach you see on tv with all the hot basically naked women is really how it is on a day to day bases... Must I go on?
I have been thinking about moving to FL for the longest time , we'll see how thing goes by next year
Last time i went i had alot of fun.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys