Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-13, 04:07 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Good lord, and I thought Jay's was loud. i would hate that regardless of the amount of power i was producing.. Well, maybe not.. LOL

Car is coming along man...
Old 05-20-13, 04:19 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow those Weldons are crazy loud.. to lessen the vibration/noise,.. will it help if you put like a rubber damper where you mount it? Did you buy the lift? Maybe i can drop off my SC to your place down south and have you finish her. for a fee ofcourse
Old 05-20-13, 05:40 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Good lord, and I thought Jay's was loud. i would hate that regardless of the amount of power i was producing.. Well, maybe not.. LOL

Car is coming along man...
Any SINGLE electric fuel pump that supports 1000+ hp I believe will be noisy. That's why you need a controller to trim down the noise and not overheat the fuel due to the volume of fuel flow.

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
wow those Weldons are crazy loud.. to lessen the vibration/noise,.. will it help if you put like a rubber damper where you mount it? Did you buy the lift? Maybe i can drop off my SC to your place down south and have you finish her. for a fee ofcourse
Yes the Weldon 2345a is loud. Actually under the pump I already installed a 1" rubber which is was not seen on the video and on the side / mounting bolts there is a rubber pad in between to absorb some of the vibration. The pump noise you heard on the videos was already somewhat dampened but still loud.

What I want to do is when I am almost done and am ready to install a good sound system , I will install sound deadener / dampener all over the trunk so the pump noise is enclosed and hopefully won't hear it much inside the cabin.

The lift was just being given away. The motor shop closed its doors and the owner of the place wanted it out. Well , I can help you out with your car , no fees .. , just get the drinks ready , lol.
Old 05-21-13, 02:12 PM
PoGikoSc4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[The lift was just being given away. The motor shop closed its doors and the owner of the place wanted it out. Well , I can help you out with your car , no fees .. , just get the drinks ready , lol.[/QUOTE]

I hope youre taking the lift if its givin away.. Maybe after i get back from P.I. we can tackle my SC in one day. Just let me know w/c one you prefer Black/Blue Label or Macallan 18yrs (all 3 sounds good ).

Last edited by PoGikoSc4; 05-21-13 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-23-13, 06:30 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PoGikoSc4
I hope youre taking the lift if its givin away.. Maybe after i get back from P.I. we can tackle my SC in one day. Just let me know w/c one you prefer Black/Blue Label or Macallan 18yrs (all 3 sounds good ).
The problem I have with that lift is damn to heavy thats why the shop that closed doors decided to leave it. I don't know yet what I will do. I will prefer that smaller lift with moving arms. It occupies less space. I always wanted one.
Old 05-23-13, 06:32 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

The altezza or lexstacy headlights on the 6 speed project had to go so I swapped its lights with that of the platinum... headlight needs cleaning . As 1jzpwrd said , "gerrb , those headlights have to go " ! I am not a big fan of the 97+ kit , I am tempted to install an older bumper on this car. Since I am planning to get it painted black , I will call it Black Mamba .. lol . The red dragon won't take long and should be running. I am still waiting for some fittings. I believe I have more on fittings on that car than the cost of the car when I bought it . I have to refer to the gurus / tuner on how exactly should I plumb my fuel supply for the Direct Port Nitrous. I have read that they should have their own fuel supply / regulator . I was just wondering wether I can tap the supply from the Weldon which is a lot of fuel already. But again , having its own regulator , allows the tuner to tune it exactly with the right fuel pressure based on the size of the nitrous jets you have without being affected by anything else. I don't know .. I will let the tuner decide on it.

Hmmmm , I just noticed , the platinum has glass high beams .. need to transfer those on the red dragon .. lol. Can I remove high beam lights without taking out the bumper ?

Last edited by gerrb; 05-23-13 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-23-13, 08:12 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

no gotta remove the bumper, ill trade you an older bumper or the 97. I need a bumper to paint on the side

gerb you still have the 440cc injectors?
Old 05-23-13, 08:18 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by chnk
no gotta remove the bumper, ill trade you an older bumper or the 97. I need a bumper to paint on the side

gerb you still have the 440cc injectors?
hmmm...that will be some work removing both bumpers but I will still do it. I have to make up my mind on the 97+ bumper. I sold the whole 97+ body kit on the platinum , now I have this car again with same bumper..lmaol. I want the new SC project black like yours, pretty

yes I still have those 440cc ..

Last edited by gerrb; 05-23-13 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-23-13, 08:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Found some HID on the lexstacy headlights that were on the black mamba project so I am installing them on the red dragon... hmmm, maybe I might as well call this red dragon ... the red mamba since a lot of red lexus had been called red dragon .

Old 05-23-13, 09:03 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I had a perfect place to install the ballasts / controller

Old 05-23-13, 01:56 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Found a never used full tire reserved on the black mamba and moved it to the red mamba painting the wheel's inner part in red so as to avoid rust from prolong sitting.

Old 05-23-13, 02:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Am ready to tear this black mamba apart since I can't move on with the red mamba till I have some other parts I need like fittings / bungs. On the other hand , maybe I can get the stroker engine first built . That will enable me to move around the car when the need arises rather than pushing an empty shell.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-23-13 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-23-13, 06:44 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I say do both. Tear the motor and tranny out, then build the motor in your spare time...
Old 05-24-13, 03:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I say do both. Tear the motor and tranny out, then build the motor in your spare time...
Oh no buddy , I am not building the stroker motor. That is totally beyond our league.

I will get a well known supra builder to do the whole long block from the oil pan to the valve covers. I was thinking of Errol from TPS at West Palm . He did the block of someone I know here in GA. And very nice guy I was told . Even when you are far , he supports you good like people I know who bought a PROefi from him. Just very helpful I heard.

I will not experiment on something very expensive. The stroker kit alone (crank,rods & pistons) is almost $8k already, then you have your 1/2 main caps ,head rebuild with ferrea valves / etc and shimless buckets . That is something I can't imagine doing myself. That's why I want the whole thing assembled by the PROs, all I want to do is slap in the accessories. And this might take time. First I will have to gather all the parts then take things to them.

Since I will get the car painted black , maybe taking it apart is a good idea.
Old 05-24-13, 05:42 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

You know honestly, I have never priced the stroker long block with all the work involved. I knew that it was expensive, but not that expensive. You know you have to pay to play! I say give him a call and see what he can do for you and see if you can get a better price than 8K.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys