Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-13, 06:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
You know honestly, I have never priced the stroker long block with all the work involved. I knew that it was expensive, but not that expensive. You know you have to pay to play! I say give him a call and see what he can do for you and see if you can get a better price than 8K.
Mark , for the $8k , I was referring to the price of the crank, pistons and rods only.. not labor. A stroker 2jzgte built motor with cams can get you to $20k just for the long block .That is how expensive those parts are for a 3.4 stroker build. I need someone who knows exactly what they are doing... not me who is just playing around .. lmaol. . The parts are so expensive to play around with. Their labor cost is reasonable based on what my friend paid for.
Old 05-24-13, 08:17 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Gerb,

Get those ballast out of engine bay, there an eyesore. I moved mine when I got the car. All kinds of room for them in places. I put passenger side one here.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-hid.jpg  
Old 05-24-13, 08:40 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I agree with Shane on this one.. Sorry Jerry, need to move them.. LOL
Old 05-24-13, 10:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SSmith
Gerb,

Get those ballast out of engine bay, there an eyesore. I moved mine when I got the car. All kinds of room for them in places. I put passenger side one here.

Shane
I agree with Shane on this one.. Sorry Jerry, need to move them.. LOL
All right , will do . Great Idea Thanks a lot ! Today am working on my gauges wiring so they will follow .
Old 05-24-13, 11:23 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I might have missed it, but where are you locating the gauges, and which type are you using? I still like the idea of the A pillar in my car. I don't have to open an ash tray, or glove box, when I want to monitor boost, oil pressure, etc.
Old 05-24-13, 11:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

lmaol , I know you will start throwing fire on me when I tell you I have so many gauges I don't even know where to put them .. there are 8 of them . First off , I had the stewart warner gauges sitting in a shelf for the past 4 years so I decided , I will use all of them. The dude who fooled me on my first SC project asked me to buy these gauges.

On the drive side pilar will be PRESSURE GAUGES (Boost , Oil and Fuel )

On the passenger side pillar will be TEMPERATURE GAUGES (Transmission Oil , Engine Oil and Water Temp). Gauges are turned in such away you can have a good glance on them while sitting on the driver side.

I have yet to find a place for two more gauges both AEM (AEM WIDE BAND and AEM Serial Gauge). Since I am using a V2 for this now , I will use one AEM serial gauge so I can monitor any parameter which is coming from the computer. These two AEM gauges , I am up for suggestion .. I was thinking to put them were the asthray is .. I don't know yet.

Right now am wiring all the six gauges on the pillars.
Old 05-24-13, 11:47 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I say the ashtray or on the plastic piece under the driver side vent. Seen them there also. I like the glove box as a third option. Good lord at the gauges... You cant possibly monitor all those at once. LMAOF!!!!
Old 05-24-13, 11:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Oh yeah, I like the idea of the other being upside down. Thats a first I have seen on here. Did you have trim any of the plastic, like I did Jay's and mine?
Old 05-24-13, 12:06 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I say the ashtray or on the plastic piece under the driver side vent. Seen them there also. I like the glove box as a third option. Good lord at the gauges... You cant possibly monitor all those at once. LMAOF!!!!
Oh yeah, I like the idea of the other being upside down. Thats a first I have seen on here. Did you have trim any of the plastic, like I did Jay's and mine?
LMAOL .. I knew you will flame me on those gauges. , But as I said, these gauges had been sitting for a long time. I might as well use them. Now a days all you need is one or two gauges or probably not even. Why ? With how far the Car ECUs have gone nowadays with their failsafes , you can just let the ECU decide for you when to shut down the car or do what is necessary based on certain parameters. Like ProEFI have all kinds of failsafe protections. I believe it has the most right now with all kinds of variables and conditions just looking at their ECU software. Not too distant ago , we needed gauges to monitor parameters so we can shut down the car or do what is necessary ... NOW .. with the right ECU , you can let the computer do things for you.

You have a V2 , once the new firmware comes out, it has some failsafes that has been incorporated , you will need some adjustments on yours to take advantage of them.

I probably will install the two AEM gauges on the ashtray cover . I don't need an ashtray since I don't smoke. I don't like it in the glove box , then you will always have to open the glovebox door when you are in the car to see the gauges. Yes I had to trim those gauge pods from top to around 7 inches down so the door can be closed without pushing the pod.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-24-13 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-24-13, 03:20 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Wirings for the pillar gauges are done .. would just have to install them back on the pillars , connect the temperature and pressure sensors on them plus the switched power. NEXT will the the AEM wideband and AEM Serial Gauge .

Old 05-24-13, 04:58 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Managed to reinstall the passenger side pod / gauges before the start of the Eastern Conference Finals game . I can't miss that game.

This is what I see while sitted on the driver side...

Old 05-24-13, 05:43 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

I might add that's a very nice touch. I am still looking for the finished product.
Old 05-24-13, 06:08 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I might add that's a very nice touch. I am still looking for the finished product.
Patience my friend ! Soon it will be running with AEM v2... but it will be a waste of money if I get it tuned without the new firmware so I will have to wait so I can take advantage of flex fuel and failsafes features. I still have to work on the suspension / coilovers then wheels and tires anyway... power without good traction is useless . Got the AEM v2 back from their headquarters with the auto tranny hardware update . I will get it started soon . For now I want to make sure every component is wired so I can verify gauge outputs with AEM ECU outputs on the laptop.

Damn , I forgot , I have yet to order a flex fuel sensor so I can plumb it now .

Last edited by gerrb; 05-24-13 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-25-13, 10:53 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Damn , USPS hasn't arrived yet and am waiting for the delivery of some fittings I badly need to work on the red mamba. Meanwhile decided to get the AEM v2 and plug it in and see if I can decipher any changes they did to get that auto transmission shift smoother and not like breaking your neck every time it changes gears which was the complaint of auto tranny users on AEM. I haven't plugged it yet since it arrived from AEM for the auto tranny hardware update. Now is the time ...

Looks like shift points are now longer to make it smoother .. OLD compared to the NEW CAL

After playing around with the CAL they left on the modified ECU , I decided to load the MAP I will start with running the car with my Siemens Deka IV 2433cc injectors ..

Old 05-25-13, 11:59 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice cant wait to her it run

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys