2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-13, 01:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Nice cant wait to her it run
Me too ... can't wait . But I want to make sure I don't leave any bolt un-turn before I fire it so I minimize possible problems. I better do things slowly but sure ! There are still some loose ends to be buttoned up.

Yehey , some fittings I need arrived from ANFITTINGSDirect.com . I can at least finished up some stuff this weekend. I can't believe the amount money spent on fittings on this car. My receipts show the figures to be higher than the cost of the car when I bought it. This is one thing that will nickel and dime you in a project like this.

1/8 npt to 4an installed to bolt the 4an braided line for the boost gauge. Now I can reinstall that gauge pod on the driver side pillar.

Old 05-25-13, 02:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

When you got the parts you need , you can move quickly ...Got my catch can lines done . I just need to tap my valve covers 1/2 npt to -10an on the dirver side and 3/8 npt to -10an on the passenger side and also put a -10an bulkhead on the turbo intake pipe for vacuum / scavenging.

Old 05-25-13, 03:40 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I always preferred the older look . So am installing a 95 bumper on my black mamba project . Today someone came over and brought me that bumper in exchange for the 97 foglights so the 97+ front bumper and grille are for grabs on the classified ads

Old 05-26-13, 08:36 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I had a stubborn fuel leak on the return -8an under the car but after changing the fitting today , finally got it ...

Fuel pressure on my gauge in the engine bay is perfect 43.5psi or 3 bar .. but my fuel pressure in the gauge inside the car is crap ..21 psi .. when they are on the same tee... damn it. Looks like my fuel pressure sensor for the gauge is bad.

Old 05-26-13, 08:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

My catch can lines are done but need to tap the valve covers..one 1/2 npt and the other 3/8 npt

Old 05-26-13, 10:16 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Good GOD at the lines. They just keep coming up everywhere. How about a whole shot of the engine bay with all the lines. I am curious to see what it looks like. Oh yeah, thanks for looking for the exhaust gaskets.

Thought you need to be spending time with the wife and not working on the SC? LOL
Old 05-26-13, 01:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Good GOD at the lines. They just keep coming up everywhere. How about a whole shot of the engine bay with all the lines. I am curious to see what it looks like. Oh yeah, thanks for looking for the exhaust gaskets.

Thought you need to be spending time with the wife and not working on the SC? LOL
SShhhhh .. she ain't around .. went to the grocery with my daughter and then they are going somewhere so am taking advantage .

Finally , I have no business under the car , all fuel / nitrous lines are leakproof , my downpipe,midpipe and exhaust secured , after a long time the red mamba was on jack stands , it was time to put errr' down !!! That means I am getting near to firing it ..

I forgot all about the flex fuel sensor .. need to get that thing !

Let me give you a shot from behind my red mamba for now (uuhh i love those curves) and later get you pictures of my engine bay ...

Old 05-26-13, 01:10 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

My AEM start up map that had already been tweaked for my current injectors and sensors is loaded and ready. All fluids are new ... just tempted to fire it up .. just need to button up a little bit more pieces. And do my last wiring checkup just to make sure I don't start a fire ... LMAOL !!!

Old 05-26-13, 01:54 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Go ahead. It has only taking almost 100 pages of thread to finally hear this thing run... lol
Old 05-26-13, 03:55 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Go ahead. It has only taking almost 100 pages of thread to finally hear this thing run... lol
Just a little bit more wait buddy . I am waiting for a bung for my IAT so I can install it on the IC pipe I replaced. That's one reason you see the hose clamp before the throttle body not installed. Then I need to wire my two radiator fans with my the AEM. I want them in such a way that one fan goes on at a certain coolant temp and the other at another coolant temp setting so not a lot of amperage / current is being used by the electrical system. I wonder if that is even possible with the AEM v2. Then I need to get a flex fuel sensor and include it in the plumbing. I already have wires for it in the harness. Need to tap the valve covers for the catch can lines and install the bulkhead on the turbo intake pipe. Need a DEI turbo blanket. Need to make a -10an SS braided line for my IACV to the intake I need a WOT and window (RPM) switch for my nitrous solenoid. Need to clean up and route/hide some wires/wirelooms And I guess the last is I need to talk to my eventual tuner so I can pick his brain on how he wants me to supply fuel for the Fuel solenoid . Whether he wants a separate fuel regulator for it or just tap it from my existing Weldon fuel supply.

I wonder if the heater valve can completely be taken away. Just plug in those coolant hoses to the firewall input / output without the heater valve. That does not exist on the supra anyway. Once I am on the beauty part , every thing running good, I will get things chromed / rechromed and some part of engine bay painted again. I need to get that TRD strut bar chromed .. it is an eye sore right now !

Here are some Engine Bay pictures you requested :

Last edited by gerrb; 05-26-13 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-26-13, 03:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Old 05-26-13, 03:58 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Old 05-27-13, 09:11 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Today , decided to tinker with the AEM v2 and start checking whether my sensors are giving the right values. I decided to use the Q45 tps since I didn't want to buy an adapter so I can use the TT trac tps on the q45. My Q45 tps was dual . With an aftermarket ECU , the IDL1 pin isn't used but decided to connect it on the Q45. Here is the internal diagram : I

After testing its pins and comparing which is which with that of the TT tps , spliced it into my harness without removing the original tps connector.

On the ECU , you will have to go to the wizard to set your tps range settings

With the TB closed , click on the Min Set Button and as you see on the screen TB is at 1.9%

Then open the TB all the way and click on the Max Set Button and as you see the screen value is 98.7 %

Now tested the values by playing around at the throttle body

closed position :

70% throttle opened

When everything on the Throttle Body and its TPS seems good , I did the soldering and shrink wrapping / flex wire loom and tucked it nicely under the TB

Old 05-27-13, 09:31 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Coolant Sensor for the ECU is registering the right ambient temperature at 70degrees .... yehey .. two sensors checked good now.. damn I wish I have the IAT sensor bung so I can check all the sensors .

Old 05-27-13, 12:50 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

While working on the Red Mamba AEM ecu , my battery died so I had to recharge it and turn my attention to the Black Mamba .

I was all ready to tear it apart and take out the motor / tranny when I thought of ....before taking out the drivetrain , I might as well find out what the hell is wrong with the 1uzfe that had been hesitating from a stop , on hills and acceleration. It also has that engine noise as though it was knocking . The former owner had replaced basically everything you can think of .. fuel pump , IACV , TPS , MAF , coils and what not and even the transmission. In fact he bought a transmission from a dealership with 119k miles late last year and got it installed to no avail. He made a thread on this forum about the problem. After trying his best to resolve the issue and after getting hurt too , he decided to give away the car.

Having the platinum SC400 in perfect running condition , I have a donor car for testing. So there should be no reason why I wouldn't find the problem on the Black Mamba 1uzfe. The knocking noise was actually not an engine knock.. the noise was caused by a vacuum tube that was collapsing...not the right hose.Even if I know every possible part had been replaced to resolve the hesitation / bucking down issue, decided to start doing a parts swap on possible problems... first thing I did , jumped the B+ / FP on the diagnostic port just to make sure the pump was going on high gear ... it didn't resolve the problem then I started swapping parts. first part I swapped.. right side coil with its cable ..since every time I took out the cable , the car run the same way... lo' and behold.. the car's hesitation disappeared . Test drove it and runs really good from stop and accelerate really well even on hills. That means the coil he bought was also bad .

The only problem I have now is the surging at idle on PARK as you can hear on the video link below. It should be the IACV .. or any other guess... TPS or MAF ? I will swap those parts in a bit and give an update. Also I have tranny fluid on the floor .. after checking the dipstick , it is overfilled with fluid... no matter how I check on it when warm .. it registers that the fluid is halfway the dipstick .. so I guess the fluid has no were to go but out when you start the car. Is that a fair assumption ?

click on link below to see and hear video -> surging idle at PARK

http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/ge...04a49.mp4.html

UPDATE : The problem on the surging idle was the IACV .. I guess the IACV the former owner bought was also bad.

click on the link below to see and hear the video -> no more surging on the first 10 seconds and after , I did try to open the throttle and you can tell no hesitation or bucking down...and even the test drive confirms it on the hills..

http://s1010.photobucket.com/user/ge...6edc7.mp4.html

Looking at the history of this Black Mamba it had around 280k miles in 2008 . When it got a new owner in that year , since there are no DMV emission testing in the county where he lives , the mileage were not anymore recorded on Carfax or Autocheck . Going through the average of miles per year this car ran . By this time , the engine should have around 385k miles. It runs really good for that mileage. Since I am on the part of gathering stroker parts and then getting the engine built for the Black Mamba, that will take time. So I would like to insure and register this car and be my run around car and see how far the mileage will go before it dies down... 385k miles and going strong

Quick question for those who knows .. how do I check if this car still have the original engine ? I know the transmission had been replaced late last year as per the previous owner.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-27-13 at 01:56 PM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys