Factory5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get those intake pipes?
Old 03-24-12, 03:44 PM
davierogue
Rookie

A guy in Melbourne, Australia named Kurt, I got in touch with him through Soarer Central

Here's the big thread on the intakes:

http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/me...tml?1326621578

The forum software for that site is ghetto it's a long thread but there's no page numbers you just have to hit Next at the bottom when you have read each page
Old 03-31-12, 11:51 PM
davierogue
Rookie

My Plastidip arrived during the week... It hasn't taken off in Australia yet so there are hardly any suppliers, and its quite expensive to ship being an aerosol (dangerous goods act) so it cost me near $50 for one can. Ouch.

I had a spare afternoon so I hit the mismatched gold window trim and I really like the results. I am worried about this product not being very durable, but its not in a place that will get much wear & tear and at the moment it looks really nice and fresh. It's a nice looking finish, if it lasts

I was really thorough with the masking as you can see, which is good because there was random black flecks of rubber **** everywhere when I was done.

And the final result:

Nothing major but it looks like brand new trim and it's not ugly out of place gold chrome. LOL.

I'm tempted to go and hit some more window trim as its a 20 year old car, there's chips and fade all over the place and then two windows with beautiful thick black trim. So I might
Old 04-01-12, 01:45 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

That black trim looks great!
Old 04-01-12, 03:26 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+47kw is a big call whoever said that.
Old 04-01-12, 04:58 AM
davierogue
Rookie

Originally Posted by Parker Gen
+47kw is a big call whoever said that.
You mean whoever dyno'd that

Like I said, I may have misremembered it but I linked the thread go read for yourself

The stock intakes and dumps are very restrictive, I dont find it very hard to believe that swapping to 3" dumps and twin 3" intakes would change things substantially

Edit: I went and read the thread again (it's linked above) and it does say that power gain from dumps + twin intakes

Last edited by davierogue; 04-01-12 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-01-12, 05:00 AM
davierogue
Rookie

Originally Posted by Kira X
That black trim looks great!
Thanks. It was a very easy job, if the product lasts I will be quite happy
Old 04-05-12, 02:41 PM
davierogue
Rookie

I picked up a Greddy Emanage Blue and some 440cc injectors just in time to do the installation over the easter weekend. I had to strip the glovebox, part of the air conditioning pipe and some carpet since the ECU is located under the carpet in the passenger footwell, so while I was at it I figured I'd continue with the black interior conversion that I started 2-3 years ago and got lazy with

I pulled the glove gox and footwell kick panel out, they are already blacked with vinyl/plastic dye but I gave the kick panel another spray since it, like, gets kicked and ****

Once that was out I also removed this big black AC pipe, it's only one screw and not really necessary to remove but gives you a bunch more space to play around in

And then pulled the shifter / surround and entire centre console pieces, both of them, to get rid of the minty fresh spruce light green **** in exchange for some black

I went to pull up the carpet and the edge pieces that came out also got a hit with VHT vinyl & plastic dye... nice subtle product placement if anyone from VHT is reading please feel free to sponsor me

I pulled the passenger seat too, it's only 5 bolts and took like 3 minutes, and gave me so much more room to work with

And then once the light faded last night this is where I was at, ready to start cutting, shutting and splicing wires into the ECU

Old 04-05-12, 03:15 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

I need to do a lot of the same things to my car. Like I have grey carpet so I need to dye it black. Good job on all of the work so far. Looks like it will turn out nice!
Old 04-10-12, 10:41 PM
davierogue
Rookie

Took the front side fender off to fix the ****ing terrible clear coat that was (wasn't) on it, it was flaking off like fish scales basically. The plan is to continue prepping the surface for vinyl wrap. The clear coat is so bad in some places that the vinyl would show the terrible texture through it, and possibly not even stick.

Pulled the guard off which was a b1tch of a job because I did it without removing the bumper but probably saved time in the long run doing it this way, as I needed it back on the road by tonight

My dodgy rattle can spray job yeah it has orange peel but for the low cost and speed I did the job, its ok, and orange peel isn't a big enough texture for it to be a problem for adhering vinyl wrap. I just needed a nice clean firm enamel surface to bond with.

and.....

Panel had been on less than 2 minutes and the light stand toppled over somehow, and took a huge god damn scratch out of the soft paint. Great. It's almost back to bare metal! Going to have to putty that sucker and re-prime / re-paint just that section. It's a massive scratch but a small enough section of painting that I can do it on the car. Luckily.

More to come later
Old 04-10-12, 11:03 PM
2jzNoshizz
Rookie

Default dope

this car is sick
he only two things i could see are the rims and that ugly intercooler but thats just me
i thought the vinal wraped b pillar would look tacky but turned out nicelu good job so far get so BBS LM reps overall sick car
t\
Old 04-10-12, 11:24 PM
davierogue
Rookie

Yeah the rims are hella outdated

At this stage it's going to get TE37 reps, BBS LMs just aren't my thing

But thanks dude. Stay tuned
Old 04-10-12, 11:27 PM
davierogue
Rookie

Also I need to come up with a better gauge mount system as it's getting another 1-2 gauges and that old Autometer one gives me the ****s since it's ugly so it's getting replaced too

Quick Reply: Aussie JDM twin turbo '92 Soarer, sort of build thread