Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Kez's 1992 Sc300 1jz Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-12, 02:53 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have UP TO DATE link to extending soarer harness?
Old 06-10-12, 05:00 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kez
Anyone have UP TO DATE link to extending soarer harness?
What's wrong with the old ones?

I don't think much has changed. Extend the harness 15in and you're done. Solder and heatshrink wrap each connection. A proper Soarer harness is as straightforward as it gets.
Old 06-10-12, 06:11 PM
JDMb16bEG6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you gotta do is extend the body plugs 18 inchs, the ecu you could do if you want it to sit in the factory location, if not it will just sit up a little higher. I went this route, cuz the ecu harness has the shielded wires, and I wasn't gonna sit there and extend wires for days. You also have to extend the power steering rack wires cuz there rack obiously is on the right side in Japan, other then that shouldn't take you more then 6 hours
Old 06-12-12, 03:48 AM
hampotato
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Chaser fo sho. I hope you got that motor cheap because you have plenty of extra wiring, sump swapping, pump and fan swapping to do. Good luck with it sir!
I understand from reading that you have to extend the wiring if you put a chaser 1jz vvti into a sc.

Here in oz, I am considering putting a supposedly lower mileage 1jz vvti chaser engine into a soarer 1jz vvti car with higher mileage. In this case I can just unbolt and bolt my sump, pump and fan onto the chaser engine easily and the only tricky aspect would be to extend the wiring? Any other issues to consider? Thanks

By the way, both engines are from jap imported cars.
Old 06-12-12, 07:55 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hampotato
I understand from reading that you have to extend the wiring if you put a chaser 1jz vvti into a sc.

Here in oz, I am considering putting a supposedly lower mileage 1jz vvti chaser engine into a soarer 1jz vvti car with higher mileage. In this case I can just unbolt and bolt my sump, pump and fan onto the chaser engine easily and the only tricky aspect would be to extend the wiring? Any other issues to consider? Thanks

By the way, both engines are from jap imported cars.
If you're putting a 1JZ VVTi into a car that originally came with a 1JZ VVTi....just reuse the original harness.
Old 06-12-12, 02:40 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

long story short for harness....

extend all the wires about 18 in. Be careful of the knock sensor wires and extend those in an unshielded location or, if you know how to do it, extend it with shielded wiring (i did the former and works just fine). I have all the body plugs fit and my ECU sits in the former ECU's home with no issues.

As for the crap in Cyl. #6, that looks a LOT like crusted up coolant. I would make sure how far down that goes as if it's in the cylinder you might have a bigger problem down the road. I could be wrong, but you already have the engine out i would tear it down and make sure.
Old 06-13-12, 08:10 AM
hampotato
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TweakTech
If you're putting a 1JZ VVTi into a car that originally came with a 1JZ VVTi....just reuse the original harness.
So I swap harness, sump, pump, fan from the soarer engine onto the chaser engine, then stick it all back into the soarer? All plug n play and relatively simple for a mechanical friend to do? Obviously you can tell I don't have that expertise yet. I knew the chaser engine was front sump and the soarer was rear sump and that it had to be swappd, but I didn't know I had to swap the pump( is that the ps pump?), and didn't know I had to swap the fan. Thanks
Old 06-15-12, 09:53 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Little update soarer harness came in 10mins ago. Now I see some mixed answers here about extending the harness. What's the best way extending just the body plugs?

Last edited by kez; 06-15-12 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-15-12, 10:20 AM
JDMb16bEG6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kez
Little update soarer harness came in 10mins ago. Now I see some mixed answers here about extending the harness. What's the best way extending just the body plugs?
If your not worried about the ecu sitting in its factory location like me, then just extend the body plugs, less wires to extend, and you don't have to worry about the knock sensor and crank sensor shielded wires which are a pain in the ***
Old 06-15-12, 10:47 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

okay nice what type of wire did you use to extend the body plugs with 18g?

hows the swap coming?
Old 06-15-12, 01:10 PM
JDMb16bEG6
Pole Position

I used 14 or 16 guage that's all I had at my job, its pretty thick tho, but I rather use thicker wire then thin wire since your extending it and you don't want wires to get hot from smaller guage, I think 16 would be perfect, but that's my preference
Old 06-15-12, 01:12 PM
JDMb16bEG6
Pole Position

Everything is ready to go, just need my next day off to drop her in and hopefully she starts first crank, if not then ill have a new center piece for my crib, lol
Old 06-15-12, 01:51 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Yeah man I feel you
Old 06-15-12, 04:50 PM
JDMb16bEG6
Pole Position

My 30 day start up warranty was up over a year ago bro, lol hopefully she's good if not then 1.5jz
Old 06-16-12, 07:25 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Since I'm a little sketchy about extending I found a patch harness has anyone ran one

Quick Reply: Kez's 1992 Sc300 1jz Build