Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

west's ucf20 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-12, 11:45 AM
west709
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RA40
I still like those wheels among the OEM offerings. Some 15mm spacers front and 25mm rear would be nice to my eyes.

Do you have a beam shot of the HID's?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...m-pattern.html
I don't have an hid shot at the moment but I'll try to get you one if you like
Old 07-09-12, 10:50 PM
tgs3
Driver School Candidate

is that the lowest u can drop it with da EZ?
Old 07-09-12, 11:11 PM
JPratt
Rookie

What percentage is your tint?
Old 07-09-12, 11:11 PM
west709
Rookie

Originally Posted by tgs3
is that the lowest u can drop it with da EZ?
i can go lower in the front but i maxed out the rears. prolly can droop the rears alittle more tho
Old 07-09-12, 11:14 PM
west709
Rookie

Originally Posted by JPratt
What percentage is your tint?
i forget the percentage but i do know its its medium up front and dark i n the rear( the shade before limo) if i had to throw some numbers out maybe 35% and 25%
Old 07-29-12, 10:02 PM
tgs3
Driver School Candidate

how do u like the ride with the ez? Is it a smooth ride or bumpy? sorry to bug but im planning to get the coilovers this week and its up in the air for LPs or EZs. i like to ride slammed but also want a smooth ride
Old 07-30-12, 01:45 AM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do u like the ride with the ez? Is it a smooth ride or bumpy? sorry to bug but im planning to get the coilovers this week and its up in the air for LPs or EZs. i like to ride slammed but also want a smooth ride
megan EZ are awesome, great bang for the buck.
Old 07-30-12, 02:19 PM
tgs3
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AYEmike
megan EZ are awesome, great bang for the buck.
koo thank u. EZ will save me about 200 bucks! i called vex in san jose today n its on back order. anywhere else i can buy for $600-650?
Old 07-30-12, 08:12 PM
t3chnique
Driver School Candidate

How slammed we talking? Tucking 19 inch wheels or just some tire tuck? If u wanna tuck rim or come close, it's really not possible. EZs give a smooth ride, no doubt but you cannot ride too low with them because they are soft (comfortable, smooth ride). So if u ride super low with them, your oil pan could possibly be hitting the floor if you aren't careful.
Old 07-30-12, 10:21 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by t3chnique
How slammed we talking? Tucking 19 inch wheels or just some tire tuck? If u wanna tuck rim or come close, it's really not possible. EZs give a smooth ride, no doubt but you cannot ride too low with them because they are soft (comfortable, smooth ride). So if u ride super low with them, your oil pan could possibly be hitting the floor if you aren't careful.
actually no, corrections made. Megans and BC are 12/8 Kg/mm, not soft at all. Tein CS, by comparison are an almost OEM ride, something like 6/4 iirc.

EZs give a smooth ride, no doubt but you cannot ride too low with them because they don't allow the rear damper to thread into the lower bracket far enough, the fronts can drop the bumper to the ground (comfortable, smooth ride).
Old 07-31-12, 12:34 PM
t3chnique
Driver School Candidate

Ok I've come to realize that advertised spring rates dont mean squat when comparing different brands. Sure the BCs and Megans are said to be the same but ride quality comes down to the damper valving. Megans to me seem to way "undervalved" for what they advertise, which would explain why they feel soft, not firm.

Yes, I know the provided shock is too long...
Old 07-31-12, 02:40 PM
xtremex626
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

it's possible. i can even tuck rim if i wanted to. these are 19" too.

but you're right, they are too soft. maxed the stiffness on the EZ's and they're still too soft.
Old 07-31-12, 02:58 PM
t3chnique
Driver School Candidate

I know you can droop the spring to get that low but you would prolly be riding the bumpstops at that point. The mufflers or the piping would prolly be sparking hitting the bumps and dips on the freeways too haha

On a side note, saw your car on Sunday at the Westminister meet, looking proper man. Any plans to lower the fronts to match the back or is it too sketchy wit the EZs?
Old 07-31-12, 03:01 PM
RA010623
Pit Crew

love the black black finish
Old 07-31-12, 03:32 PM
xtremex626
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I know you can droop the spring to get that low but you would prolly be riding the bumpstops at that point. The mufflers or the piping would prolly be sparking hitting the bumps and dips on the freeways too haha

On a side note, saw your car on Sunday at the Westminister meet, looking proper man. Any plans to lower the fronts to match the back or is it too sketchy wit the EZs?
thanks. and nope, i never really sparked and i smash on the freeway.. ive done 80-100mph on inclines and declines on the 605 n/s. now the piping, yes on city streets, i occasionally bottom out on uneven pavement.

you probably saw my car when it was parked near the back of the dealership parallel parked to the fire lane. that area i parked in had uneven pavement so my car was leaning towards the right so it looked as if my fronts were high. that's the gay thing about drooping the EZ's.. when you're on uneven ground, your car tilts to whatever side the car is leaning towards. so at that time you saw it, my rears were super dumped and my fronts were high up. i wanted to move more towards the middle of the road to make it even but said eff it haha.

on even ground, my car is actually dumped in both fronts and rears. that's the maximum i can go in the front in terms of turning cause im still on stock fenders.

^watch at 2:20, you can see a big gap in front.

^ that's how it looks like on even ground.

Last edited by xtremex626; 07-31-12 at 03:42 PM.

Quick Reply: west's ucf20 build