Search this Thread

Old 09-09-12 | 11:40 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

So what's new LOL
Old 09-10-12 | 08:01 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Just waitin til my daughters bday is done, then back to maintenance and ****...
Old 09-10-12 | 08:42 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

^^^ i know the feeling. i got bdays sept. thru nov. in the fams and then its xmas
Old 09-10-12 | 09:04 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Yup! It goes wifey, my youngest brother, my mom, my daughter, auntie then grandad... When the months start ending with 'ber', it gets heavy in the pockets...
Old 09-10-12 | 06:58 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Just a few updates, just so my thread won't die...

I already changed my cam oil seals last month and the oil leak never stopped. A couple weeks ago, I was able to solve the oil leak that was leaving puddles of oil everywhere I go. It turned out to be the oil pressure switch. I hate not solving this earlier, as my SC's entire undercarriage is soaked in oil now and it's gonna be a pain in the you know where to clean up. Anyways, here's a few pics. I bought the oil pressure switch from AutoZone which also comes with a lifetime warranty.

In red circle is the entire oil pressure switch body.

In red circle is the exact spot where oil was literally dripping out.

Old/New

And for some reason the previous owner decided to put sealant on the screw part to, more likely, temporarily solve oil leakage.

After this, my SC is now completely OIL LEAK FREE!!! But coolant leakage developed in the process of removing the timing belt when I changed the cam oil seals... SMH

And today I flipped my front tires due to camber wear(-4.3). After 6 months of usage, one side is already done! I think I need to get my toe checked to make sure.

My buddies from SD Tires doing their work the right way.

New/Old

No more fender rub! I think I can lower it some more! Lol

And a little something something when I went to get a carwash... The guys backed out my SC from the drive thru wash since it was too low and gonna get stuck in the railings. (Click to see vid)

I haven't washed my SC in a month, then we had a little rain after I got a carwash. Ain't that a *****?! Don't you just hate that when it happens...

And oh yeah, a couple of pics from the park...

Dat camber.... is killing my tires. Lol

Last edited by OG Dada; 12-04-12 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-10-12 | 07:44 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Damn u have more camber than me lol. But my rears lasted about a year before I flipped them. So 2 years of daily driving is pretty good for Nankangs
Old 09-10-12 | 07:48 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Damn u have more camber than me lol. But my rears lasted about a year before I flipped them. So 2 years of daily driving is pretty good for Nankangs

Blame it on Dennis. Lol

Just kidding, Dennis can't do anything cause I didn't want too much stretch. But I guess once the other side is done I'm gonna need that extra stretch to get it right...
Old 09-10-12 | 08:08 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

I think it's toe setting killing your tires, I've seen more camber than that and tire wear wasn't that fast
Old 09-10-12 | 08:15 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Yea I agree. My toe is at 0 front and rear and my fronts aren't even showing signs of wear yet.
Old 09-10-12 | 08:17 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by raine
I think it's toe setting killing your tires, I've seen more camber than that and tire wear wasn't that fast

Yeah, I'm gonna get it checked. If its ok, then it's gotta be the tires. Achilles are also known to wear fast.
Old 09-11-12 | 10:15 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Worked on the raine-man's SC (Keira 2.0) today! We swapped his old lower control bushings to polyurethanes, he finally got tired of the knocking the old ones were producing, and also changed his rack & pinion to a refurbished one since the old one was leaking already. Everything went smooth, until he started playing with his lights and a ballast went out, just when he's 2 hours away from home and need to drive home... Lol

Anyways, wasn't able to take too much pics, cause I had to work double time since he arrived late, lol! So enjoy whatever I have!

The raine-man himself working on his Shine bumper.

Some rear shots of Keira 2.0(SC300 original 5 speed) and Blue Flame(SC400), both are '95's.

Side by side action.

The new Lexus SRT10! Lol

When Blue Flame grows up, he wanna be like Keira 2.0.

Perfect stance. If only I was kitted.
Old 09-11-12 | 11:45 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Missed this thread.... anyways nice thread/build representing the Midnight Indigo pearl Scs
Old 09-19-12 | 10:53 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Default New Battery (Just in Time for Winter)

So last Thursday early in the morning, Blue Flame started acting weird again. When I started the engine, it felt like there wasn't enough juice for it to fire up. I was still able to drive it to bring my daughter to school, and got back home with no issues. It was a whole different story when it was time to pick up my daughter from school though... Blue Flame wasn't starting, and there was no power at all coming from the battery. And I found myself riding the bus that day and getting a rental for the next day... Lol

I ordered new alternator from Autozone since mine had lifetime warranty from them, and decided to get the battery tested out as well. It turned out to be the battery. According to people the Walmart batteries were really craptastic at its best, and I was lucky enough to have it running for more than a year. I was looking forward in changing it anyways the past few months since it was 3 years old already, and it came with my SC when I got it. So I did a little research, and bought the best rated battery I can find for daily driving. $72 out the door from Costco.

•100 Months Limited Lifetime Warranty
•3 Years Free Replacement

What sucks the most is, this all happened during the hottest days of the year here in San Diego.

•108°-111° weather
•Rode the bus
•Red on Black, non-tinted rental car
•And installed the new battery under the sun, 'cause I wasn't parked in the shade when it happend, Lol

Last edited by OG Dada; 09-19-12 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-20-12 | 03:25 AM
food7373
Pole Position

So that fixed everything up I'm assuming?
Old 09-20-12 | 10:17 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by food7373
So that fixed everything up I'm assuming?
Yessir! The battery was the culprit!

Quick Reply: KingPhilipII's Blue Flame