Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

KingPhilipII's Blue Flame

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-12 | 09:31 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tret
I totally Agree KingPhilip! I've made some "BROgression" with mine. The lack of care from the previous owner is what kills my car. from midway doors and back it's fine. Yet from there and forward, I am not content. Thanks to you, I will update my thread over some things that have changed over time. If I'm ever in the SoCal area, we'd have to get together and share detailing tips!

I'm really want to try a SONIC the Hedgehog theme (already have two visors and the spoiler. But I dunno how I will fancy wheels colored like his shoes on blue rofl.
Hahaha.. Same here.. I'm fixing up after the previous owner.. Just hit me up whenever you're here in SoCal, I'd be happy to give you some tips and tricks.

Originally Posted by joe diego
Very nice. Guys like u make me wanna give up. Ha
I've had my moments, ha.. Almost did, but already knee deep, so there's no turning back now..
Old 06-01-12 | 06:07 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

i remember ur first sc... ur a better man then me for not letting it get to u and moving on to the next one. u came a long way with this one. congrats. keep up the great work. love that color!
Old 06-01-12 | 07:22 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

It's so nice to see someone taking care of the maintenance instead of just throwing a bunch of aftermarket toys at it to hide the flaws! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-01-12 | 11:34 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cmh
i remember ur first sc... ur a better man then me for not letting it get to u and moving on to the next one. u came a long way with this one. congrats. keep up the great work. love that color!
Hey thanks! I had to think it over and over before jumping into fixing it up... My initial thoughts were, if I sell this and get another one, it doesn't necessarily mean I'll get a better one. No matter how well these cars are taken care of, sooner or later you'll need to fix and repair parts due to its age. I already knew what I needed to fix and repair back then, so why gamble another one right?

Originally Posted by TweakTech
It's so nice to see someone taking care of the maintenance instead of just throwing a bunch of aftermarket toys at it to hide the flaws! Keep up the good work!
Hahaha.. I know right? But it ain't my steeze.. I want my SC to be in good running condition first before spending a lot on unnecessary mods like these kids.. Like my uncle used to say; "your car sure look so damn good, but your A/C ain't even working in the middle of summer"..
Old 06-05-12 | 04:24 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Default Help with Tint

Hey guys! Need help deciding again! Well, I ordered tint, and my supplier sent me the wrong kind, they sent me this mirror tint, which I think I'm liking... Or not... I don't know... Original plan was to get Ceramic tints, so I can put tint all around and still keep it legal. If you're not familiar with Ceramic tint, it keeps majority of the heat out and still keep itself transparent... Pretty pricey but well worth it, with our ridiculous laws here in CA, plus the summer heat, I need it badly... So let me know if you guys think I should keep the mirror tint, do transparent or just keep my old dark tints. Y'all can check my previous posts for reference, thanks!!!

Fire away guys!!!

Last edited by OG Dada; 06-05-12 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-05-12 | 07:26 PM
food7373
Pole Position

I kinda like it. So it's clear, but kinda reflective? It's different which is cool.
Old 06-05-12 | 07:28 PM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

that's tinted? i can't tell, might be the pics/lighting.

when u gonna get a front lip fool?! :P
Old 06-05-12 | 07:40 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by food7373
I kinda like it. So it's clear, but kinda reflective? It's different which is cool.
Oh no, my bad, let me rephrase that... I was trying to get the transparent one(which is called IR Ceramic), but my supplier sent me this on the pic which is mirror tint... The look is sinking in me, but I don't like the "bling" look its giving... So I need help, wether I should just get the transparent or dark tint...

Originally Posted by SCrollinSD
that's tinted? i can't tell, might be the pics/lighting.

when u gonna get a front lip fool?! :P
I'm not yet ready to do lips... I wanna do an entire body kit, when I can afford to buy my dream wheels...

Last edited by OG Dada; 06-05-12 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-05-12 | 08:27 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Ohh. Ok. I can see what you mean. That might grow on me, but I think with the dark color of your car that darker tint might look good as well. Either way, I think both would look good.
Old 06-05-12 | 08:29 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

light blue tint like OEM Mercedes would look nice on your car.
Old 06-05-12 | 08:36 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Ohh. Ok. I can see what you mean. That might grow on me, but I think with the dark color of your car that darker tint might look good as well. Either way, I think both would look good.
Lol! Exactly my feelings about it...

Originally Posted by Tabaka
light blue tint like OEM Mercedes would look nice on your car.
You know what, I saw this when I picked up my daughter from school this morning, I was thinking about it, but then I realized, there's gonna be too much blue that my wheels will be left out so I'm gonna need to paint my wheels blue too to compensate! LMFAO
Old 06-05-12 | 09:42 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Default Mirror ECU

Another common problem our SC's have is the mirror ECU failure. Lexus really went crazy with electronics in their designs. You pretty much have an ECU for almost everything you can think of. But, it works well if you think of it. At least one failure is not gonna lead to failure of the entire car. If you haven't realized it yet, then welcome to the 90's baby! When electronics were first introduced to cars!

Though it's an easy fix, it is still hard to replace it physically. I just saw a thread asking where it is, so I guess, this is the right time to put out another ammo from my "artillery shop".

Your mirror ECU is under the driverside dash, right corner near your A/C unit and radio. Here is a view of it from under. Don't worry, there's only 2 10mm bolts holding it....but both of them are a PITA to remove. Disconnect both plugs and try out your newly acquired mirror ECU first before going through the whole process.

Learn how to be a contortionist to access the lower bolt from under the dash(in red circle).

Remove the gauge cluster to access the top bolt.

Here comes the fun part, removing the upper bolt. Best tool for this is a ratcheting box wrench. Follow the main wire harness of the gauge cluster with your hands to feel the upper bolt.

You should be able to feel it directly behind that rusty metal. If you have huge hands, then too bad, its gonna make it more difficult to access it.

If you can make your head fit in the hole where the gauge cluster is mounted, this is how it would look like. Just try to feel your ratcheting box wrench into place and remove this bolt, and your mirror ECU would be set free!

Good luck, and I suggest not putting the upper bolt back just in case your mirror ECU breaks again...

Last edited by OG Dada; 06-05-12 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-06-12 | 06:04 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Very nice! I wish I had smaller hands sometimes when I work on my car.
Old 06-06-12 | 11:11 AM
maceugood
Pole Position

ha ha! i remember a thread where a guy just ziptied the new ecu on to the old one, now i can see why. what a pita! i need to fix mine as well, it is the only thing in my car that does not work.
Old 06-06-12 | 01:32 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Very nice! I wish I had smaller hands sometimes when I work on my car.
I usually quote that, 'cause I always say its an easy fix, then people come back to me saying that their hands couldn't fit! Lol

Originally Posted by maceugood
ha ha! i remember a thread where a guy just ziptied the new ecu on to the old one, now i can see why. what a pita! i need to fix mine as well, it is the only thing in my car that does not work.
Oh man you have no idea.. What's hard about the bottom part is once you get under the dash, you can't get yourself out! Lol And I did the top part with a regular box wrench 'cause I didn't have a ratcheting one that time! Lol

Quick Reply: KingPhilipII's Blue Flame