Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Teal Mist 5 Speed Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-12, 04:57 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I sent back the radio that didn't work. I was able to get my cassette out of it and I put the old face plate on it that was cracked that came with it. I'm hoping to buy another one so yeah. Fedex also left a note saying they were here today. I hopefully get some parts tomorrow then since they didn't leave them here.
Old 04-26-12, 12:39 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Well I got my new climate control unit and tail lights as well. The tail lights look great and are awesome! But my climate control unit problem is still happening. I'm sending back the unit I got today... If anyone has answers to why my unit shuts off and on randomly, that would be great. I guess I am going to be digging into the electricals, bleh.....
Old 04-26-12, 01:24 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Here is another link to another thread about the Climate Control Unit Issue, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-inside-2.html
I guess I will also check my fuse to make sure it is good and snug...
Old 04-26-12, 01:29 PM
food7373
Pole Position

And here is another thread describing this problem with no 100% sure solution....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-working.html
Old 04-26-12, 02:57 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Well I might have figured out the problem. I replaced the number 21 fuse in the engine bay, and everything seems to be good to go now. The old fuse wasn't blown, but now everything is working okay. I will keep you guys updated to see if it is truly fixed.
Old 04-27-12, 09:28 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Well problemo not truly fixed... The unity still randomly goes on and off.... I have two buddies who are going to help me diagnose this problem more since I do not particularly like electricals, but hopefully it will be figured out soon! I also ordered some small parts for my engine bay clean up day, so hopefully I will be able to do that in about two weeks or so. Better gas mileage, here I come!
Old 04-29-12, 02:19 AM
SCupra3
Driver School Candidate

hye likin the updates, what other plans do you have for it? NA-T? 1jz swap?? coils? new wheels decided yet? i lowered mine and put new wheels on and now its like a whole new car, and i like that you have a fairly hard to find color! keep it up!
Old 04-29-12, 04:29 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Thanks! I'm not quite sure what future plans are yet. I'm kind of still trying to sell the Stang, but once that is gone I'm hoping to get new wheels and just mostly get the car up to my standards. It needs some body work, new interior pieces, and some other small stuff to make her perfect once again. Hopefully by the end of August or July I will have it looking and performing really nice. After that, I'm not sure where I'm going to go with it..... We will see what the future holds.....
Old 04-30-12, 12:57 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Well here is another small update with photos. I got my new tail lights!!!!!

They were $260 and they look perfect! Woo-hoo! I will be posting my old ones for sale in the classifieds probably for cheap. Here they are before I put them on....

Also I got a new climate control unit in an effort to fix my climate control problem, but it did not work.... Here was the new one, I sent it back....

I also have figured out that when the climate control goes off and doesn't blow air, you can't see the outside temp... So the symptoms as of right now are that it randomly shuts off and doesn't blow air, the LCDs go away, but the backlight for the unit stays on. When it is off, you can change the time or view the outside temp.... I'm on to something here... I will figure this out! I also still am working on selling the stang but I started ordering small parts for my engine tune-up day. So far I have gotten in the mail a distributor oil o ring and a serp belt. More to come soon!
Old 04-30-12, 01:27 PM
SCrollinSD
Pole Position

beautiful car... so much potential, and 5 speed. UGH. i need another SC.

props for being a good owner.
Old 04-30-12, 01:38 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SCrollinSD
beautiful car... so much potential, and 5 speed. UGH. i need another SC.

props for being a good owner.
Thanks! It's always fun to make a car 100% again for everyone to enjoy! Also, I thought I would post this, I found a local guy who collects old SC's... So can anyone say perfect donor car???

Old 05-04-12, 12:44 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Sorry for no recent updates, busy week. Didn't really do anything to the car, but I've been watching the climate control unit, and it seems whenever I get in the car on a hot day, and it is warm on the inside, it will work, but in the morning when it is cold in the car, it won't work.... I need to get a hold of a wiring diagram for the unit, I'm thinking some type of ECU that might be bad or relay....
Old 05-07-12, 12:07 AM
SCupra3
Driver School Candidate

does that donor car have a 5s[eed tranny? if so i for sure wanna buy it
Old 05-07-12, 04:28 AM
food7373
Pole Position

I'm not sure. I haven't gone to see it yet.... I will let you know. haha
Old 05-08-12, 10:02 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Small update today. I took out old rear deck OEM speakers and did some cleaning....

I decided to clean the trunk, and I mean the metal parts, not the interior pieces. So I took out the interior pieces quick...

I then took out the spare tire (which will not go back in...) and looked at how dirty the trunk was....

I then cleaned it out and took some steal wool and cleaned the tank as well and here is how it turned out...

I didn't paint the wheel well, but I might in the future..... Next I took out the rear interior....

Now look at those nice black interior parts... Let's start bidding at $200! Hahaha.. JK.

I got out the old speakers and was going to put bigger speakers in and install them nicely, but then lost motivation because it started to drizzle.... I will probably just get OEM size speakers but here are the OEM Pioneer speakers.... Very rare..... hahahaha

The smaller speakers in this picture is what I was going to use. I started to try and figure out how to put the bigger ones in, but didn't feel like messing up the rear deck too much.

I then put everything back together. I need to get a lot of small plastic clips for my trunk because almost all of them are gone....

So that is all I did today. Here is the old steering wheel off the RX7. I might use this....

Quick Reply: Teal Mist 5 Speed Project