Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Teal Mist 5 Speed Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-12, 11:17 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a very clean pickup bro, thx for sharing!
Old 05-08-12, 11:52 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! We hope to see your build through out....GL
Old 05-09-12, 06:00 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Thanks guys!
Old 05-15-12, 11:52 AM
food7373
Pole Position

No new updates really. Just collecting some small parts still. I've also been looking through the wiring diagrams to find out what is all in the electricals for the climate control to see if I can fix that. Hopefully picture update soon...
Old 05-20-12, 08:57 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Small update. Been very busy but managed to dedicate a portion of a day to a complete detailing of the car. Also was helping my friend with his 240....

There the car is after the detail. It really needed it. Paint was roughhhh. I clayed it, used some compounds, and then put a nice coat of wax on it....

For some reason, the headlights really cleared up after using the compounds. Check my previous posts and compare headlights....

The 240 and SC in the garage....

My friends 240 and the SC. We changed out the rear suspension and put in stock so he could send his rear coilovers in to get rebuilt. We ended up with a muscle car look.....

She's looking good...

His Dad's S2K, very nice.

Painting on the wall in his garage, pretty cool.

And that's all for now. I might throw up some more pics then, but that's all for now.

Last edited by food7373; 05-20-12 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-21-12, 07:47 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Another small update... Decided to do a quick wheel paint just because I got tired of the wheels being so crappy even though I will be getting something else hopefully soon...

What we started off with.....

During painting. I wasn't worried about tires simply because these wheels will be strictly winter wheels soon enough....

Done!

Paint I used, sorry upside down pic....

Big $$$

That's all for now. I'm still working on selling the Mustang, which hopefully is gone soon, and that's when the real stuff begins....
Old 05-29-12, 11:46 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Small update with no pics, but important. I've been busy over the past week or so, but I officially sold the Mustang. I'm going to order some parts tonight for an engine tune-up day. I also was working on fixing the A/C and climate control because the heat here in PA has been stupid. So here is the important part. I fixed my climate control. Woo-hoo!!!!!! So, the problem that I've been encountering is due to a fuse. I don't know why it was being weird, but in the kick panel fuse box, right by your feet when you are driving, it was Radio Number 2 fuse. I was looking through the FSM at the power wiring diagrams for the Climate Control when I saw that the main power or backup power ( I forget which one) for the climate control goes through the Radio Number 2 fuse. Apparently the fuse wasn't seated correctly or was acting really funny. I took it out and put a new one in, 7.5A, and it works perfect now. It hasn't quit yet, and I made sure it worked even when it was cool. So the next thing I did was work on finding my A/C leak. I used a blacklight and some UV R134A and found it right in the front under the bumper. It was basically oozing out. So I ordered a gasket/o-ring kit and hopefully that will fix it when I get that in the mail. So next update should include pics and whatnot. Until then....
Old 06-01-12, 08:15 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Small update. Currently just waiting on NGK spark plug wires for engine tune-up. Also did some vinyl spray paint work to test out before I do the dash. Here is what I did....

Started with tan airbag....

I'm satisfied with the results. It's slightly more glossy than the rest, but it matches very well. I plan on doing the dash, and I already did the rear subwoofer cover. I need two seatbelts then and then all the tan will be out of my car. Yes!

I also diagnosed my A/C leak..

Used this...

Found this. As you can see, red dye was also leaking out, so it was diagnosed before, but not repaired.

Tools for the job.

Tools on. Vicegrip help the bolt in place to unscrew...

All apart. Remember to get your system all cleaned out by a pro before you do this or else when you take it apart, the pressure will just explode in your face.

Old compared to new....

I then put it back together and charged it. So far, so good. I will keep you posted on that repair. Hopefully next week will be full engine tune-up.. Adios for now.
Old 06-03-12, 07:00 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Well tomorrow I plan on doing a tune-up DIY. I got all the parts I need. So hopefully lots of pics tomorrow or the day after. It will hopefully turn out well.
Old 06-04-12, 08:45 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Big update! Here is a link to my tune-up DIY!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post7276488

I didn't really get to clean everything today like I would have liked to in my engine bay so I am doing that tomorrow. I will post pics of that as well! Enjoy the DIY!
Old 06-05-12, 10:39 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Well I did my major tune up yesterday and decided to clean it up today.

Here's what I bought today...

Taped my doors up because the trim panels were looking rough and sanded...

Painted....

BAM! Looks okay. I should've gotten a better paint, but oh well. Also if you do this, don't forget which way the wind blows because you don't want overspray.

Next the roof.

Looks good.

I then did a nice exterior clean....

As well as an engine clean, and AC charge because I checked my pressure and it was low. This is because when I emptied the AC system, I just used one can to charge. I need more than one to get good pressure.

Also polished the intake, I need to get something better to get it really clean...

That's all for now. I'm debating what to do next so I will keep you updated...
Old 06-05-12, 04:04 PM
95TEALSC3
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Looks good man! i got 95 as well.
Old 06-05-12, 07:22 PM
food7373
Pole Position

Very nice, it's a great car and great color!
Old 06-16-12, 07:22 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Sorry for no update in a while but here's a small one. Decided to change tranny and diff fluids.

Got Redline MT90 for the tranny and Royal Purple 75W-90. Both are 75W-90, but the MT90 is specifically for transmissions.

Started off with the transmissions. First and foremost, break both bolts lose. I used a 15/16 wrench and socket for both drain and fill plugs.

As you can see, the fluid doesn't look too bad....

I attached a line to pump and ran it into the fill hole.

Also dumped the fluid into another clean container so the top would screw on.

Done! I then torqued the bolts and moved the diff!

There are both the plugs. A 10mm hex head attachment for a ratchet is what you need to get those suckers off.

The 10mm hex head attachment and drain plug. That one was on there good.

Draining out.

Filled up my container.

My pump.

Pumping it in.

Finishing up.

And DONE! That's how she sits now. Still not visual mods, I want to get all mechanical things done first. Any questions about the fluid changes are welcomed! Also, the Redline MT90 is pretty good stuff. I noticed a little bit smoother shifting.
Old 06-17-12, 06:35 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice progress

Quick Reply: Teal Mist 5 Speed Project