Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

DoomLight's 1992 SC300 1JZ Swap & Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-12, 05:30 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my dealership said they needed a vin from a registered jap car to get parts for it when I asked like two years ago. Maybe try that guy jeff on supraforums, or aaron at dm. He's pretty good about helping people with stuff like that. I had the intake gaskets mixed up in my head and was thinking the heat shield one was the upper gasket. You have an extra crank sensor?
Old 07-06-12, 05:58 AM
SFrymyah
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a little info for next time you mess with the clutch - you don't have to pull the pin out of the shift fork. Before you loosen anything, wiggle and pull on it has hard as you can and it will free itself. Its a lot easier than having to put that C-Clip back on when you set the thing in the bellhousing.
Old 07-06-12, 08:05 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SFrymyah
Just a little info for next time you mess with the clutch - you don't have to pull the pin out of the shift fork. Before you loosen anything, wiggle and pull on it has hard as you can and it will free itself. Its a lot easier than having to put that C-Clip back on when you set the thing in the bellhousing.
i'll keep that in mind. it wasn't easy to move it tho.
Old 07-06-12, 08:07 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vrank
my dealership said they needed a vin from a registered jap car to get parts for it when I asked like two years ago. Maybe try that guy jeff on supraforums, or aaron at dm. He's pretty good about helping people with stuff like that. I had the intake gaskets mixed up in my head and was thinking the heat shield one was the upper gasket. You have an extra crank sensor?
i'll look around some more. i'll even take a used gasket that isn't bent. my cousin is looking now. so maybe i'll luck out.

if push comes to shove. i'll have to pay greedy titan for it.

the thing is. i have wholesale accounts at toyota and lexus here in town. i wonder if any of you can get a part number that those guys use for the 1jz intake gasket
Old 07-06-12, 08:40 AM
SFrymyah
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomLight
i'll keep that in mind. it wasn't easy to move it tho.
Mine was a complete pain in the *** to get out, but its got a sweet spot and when you hit it, you'll probably tear the skin off the back of your hand. But it works! I can't imagine getting that pin out with the transmission in the car, thats got to be brutal.
Old 07-06-12, 09:56 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SFrymyah
Mine was a complete pain in the *** to get out, but its got a sweet spot and when you hit it, you'll probably tear the skin off the back of your hand. But it works! I can't imagine getting that pin out with the transmission in the car, thats got to be brutal.
Lol when i was doing this, I had the trans on the ground. It's much easier to line up the pressure plate to the flywheel then gettin that pin in place and then install that easy to lose c-clip.
Old 07-09-12, 06:16 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Have you got the Air/Fuel ratio gauge running? If so what are your readouts, they ok as is?
Old 07-10-12, 04:22 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Parker Gen
Have you got the Air/Fuel ratio gauge running? If so what are your readouts, they ok as is?
Air fuel is good. But now I have a little more understanding with the falling edge term. It seems that when you do a rev up. The ignition timing is supposed to fall; instead its rising. This could be an issue with the AEM.

So I'm having rising edge or timing is rising the higher its revved instead of dropping or falling edge.
Old 07-10-12, 04:59 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

well today i found someone on facebook on one of my groups that had a new set of 1jzgte intake gasket set. so hopefully it will get here before friday. thats dyno day again. im crossing my fingers this time... i also found corrosian in my extended jumper harness....

this could may have well played a part in my rising edge issues as well as lack of map sensor signal and my stock ecu not working. ugh!
Old 07-10-12, 05:21 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Doubt it. The worst of corrosion is near batt/igsw/+b, all the cam/crank sensors are a couple plugs over. An I've run ecus that looked way worse than that that were functioning fine. Spray some electronic cleaner in there.
Old 07-10-12, 05:37 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

You had said your crank sensor was borderline to spec. I wouldn't waste my money going back without replacing it. If you do replace it and you get the same thing, then I would suspect that the ecu is at fault. I already do. The dm box has cam/crank circuits designed for Honda sensors from what I've been told.

Also, for removal of the clutch fork, pop the inspection plate off on the opposite side of the slave, use a long *** extension, put it on the top finger of the fork and give it some tappage with a hammer. Takes 5 seconds, your hands don't get peeled, etc.
Old 07-10-12, 06:33 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Are you only having the falling edge problem on cyls 1-4?

The Honda boxes have 6 ignition drivers. Four are configurable, two are not. The two that are not are defaulted into 0-5v falling edge. 1-4 need to be configured for this as the Honda crap is different.
Old 07-10-12, 06:56 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Doubt it. The worst of corrosion is near batt/igsw/+b, all the cam/crank sensors are a couple plugs over. An I've run ecus that looked way worse than that that were functioning fine. Spray some electronic cleaner in there.
I never did get to check the pinout. Been busy with normal job and when I get home I just wanna pass out and sleep. But you could be right. I have to check some more. The camera flash made it hard to see all the corrosion.
Old 07-10-12, 06:59 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Are you only having the falling edge problem on cyls 1-4?

The Honda boxes have 6 ignition drivers. Four are configurable, two are not. The two that are not are defaulted into 0-5v falling edge. 1-4 need to be configured for this as the Honda crap is different.
Man... I wish I could see this. The tuner locked the computer. I only have two choices... Erase the map he adjusted so far or go back to the stock driftmotion map. I need to call Aaron.
Old 07-10-12, 07:12 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

It's not configurable in the software, it's inside the box itself. Bring this up I bet he wants you to send back the box. My understanding is that what he does will void the factory aem warranty, unless he guarantees it his self

Quick Reply: DoomLight's 1992 SC300 1JZ Swap & Build Thread