Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

DoomLight's 1992 SC300 1JZ Swap & Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-12, 03:29 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
first i told him to flow test the injectors, since he bought them used.Don't ever installed used injectors w/o flow tested them to make sure they are not clogged up.

That intake filter is some crap , it's restricted and it will cost you a Turbo , I told the OP that before.

Low impedance injectors idled Ok on my SC when i had the crappy bosch 1600 low impedance, idle sucked but wot and partial throttle wasn't to bad.
It still shouldn't matter ..your car should still run ok.

You have a T3 ar so don't be suprise if if doesn't make 500 on pump, you need a bigger turbo with a bigger ar to be able to make 500whp on pump.

Honda boxes are rising edge and toyota falling edge setup..

cartmill is 100% You and mark had 2 different setups , it's not an apple top apple comparison .

do you still have the fuel dampner on the side of the block ? if you do please remove it , check your wiring to see IF your camshafts and crankshaft sensor are in the right pins and making a good contact.

Yes you can , just press F6 to start the recording and F6 to stop!
I actual bought my injectors used, and didnt get them flow tested. They worked without a problem. If I knew ahead of time, I would have. I also bypassed the fuel damper just under the intake manifold with a yellow top hat on it, if I remember correctly.
Old 08-23-12, 05:54 PM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

4 of the 6 ginition inputs are configureable in the honda box on the board, but defaulted into rising edge spot. the last two are not configureable and are preset at falling edge
Old 08-23-12, 07:20 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the question is does the motor bog in throttle?
Old 08-23-12, 07:22 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
I actual bought my injectors used, and didnt get them flow tested. They worked without a problem. If I knew ahead of time, I would have. I also bypassed the fuel damper just under the intake manifold with a yellow top hat on it, if I remember correctly.
Ok but just because it worked doesn't mean it's ok to to do that.

To each their own , I will never do that because i know the consequences
Old 08-24-12, 06:37 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

today im gonna be going thru a lot of things not sure i'll be able to remember what all im doing to tell you all what i did later.

so bare with me. never really expected gremlins like this through out my build. guess no one is perfect.
Old 08-24-12, 11:42 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Keep us posted step by step
Old 08-24-12, 04:52 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Whats the word? .. You still need my basemap for my setup?
Old 08-24-12, 10:19 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

so today. got to work on it for like 6 hours.

i brung it over to my buddys shop here in town

Hi-Boost Motorsports.

anyway. we checked all the sensors that had to do with timing.
also we made sure the drift motion jumper harness was right.

the crank sensor was backwards on the jumper harness so we switched it at the crank sensor harness plug to make it easy.

the AEM seems to get cam timing from only one of the cam position sensors. it only uses the Front one. my buddy at the shop says that when he sets up an AEM he uses the rear cam sensor. for some reason we couldnt' get it to run off the back one. so we kept it running off the front sensor.

at first my IAC was messed up. but we found out that i made a big mistake when i used the fuel injector wizard. in my ignorance i set it up to for 872 low impedence 2.8 ohm injectors. it was the closest thing to what i put in the rail.

well since i am running a fuel injector resistor so the ecu can control them. the AEM ecu was tryin to fire the injectors at under 3 ohms.

the AEM which is a honda box doesnt control low impedence injectors directly. so the computer couldn't idle my car for crap with that setting in it. yes i had bad idle issues. it would run stupid rich at low idle and when u revved it. it would lean out like crazy.

since we changed it back to high impedence 880 on the wizard the car began to work normally. it idles. and isn't pouring fuel to do so. the AFR at idle were 14.5 to 14.7

but now i need to adjust the map. since the last guy that "tuned" it didnt even talk to me. maybe he would of found out this little mishap and fixed it while it was at the dyno.

ugh!

anyway stay tuned. this work in progress is getting sorted out. bare with me.
Old 08-29-12, 08:34 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

i miss the updates on this thread. clublexus needs more excitement in the SC section!
Old 09-13-12, 06:06 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

well i took the car back down to MIami. and after more probing and testing. we found out that the cam sensor wasn't getting good signal.

either it was getting interference or the wire was broke in the harness. at idle the signal was spotty and when revved past 4500 rpms it would break up really bad.

so im having the shop in miami fix it for me. i've reached as far as i could go with it.
Old 09-13-12, 06:20 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

What shop?
And hopefully they figure it out
Old 09-13-12, 06:34 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Sorry i couldn't be much help yesterday man. Lets hope the shop gets it figured out and you will be happy boosting in no time. We have all been frustrating during these swaps, especially if they are the first time. Just read my thread ....

Keep us posted on the progress as you find out.
Old 09-13-12, 06:38 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
What shop?
And hopefully they figure it out
Machines Gone Wild. It's way down in Miami.

So what I was saying is Lance was showing me a graph of the crank sensor as the sensor picked up each tooth. It went up and down, up and down. Then he showed me the cam signal. It is supposed to go up and down at the peak of the crank signal as they overlay on the graph. Well thatwas barely happening at idle and when revved it was practically not there. Hence the low red line of 4500. So they are going to look at it for me.

I am more mechanical when it comes to fixing cars anyway
Old 09-13-12, 07:03 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Sorry i couldn't be much help yesterday man. Lets hope the shop gets it figured out and you will be happy boosting in no time. We have all been frustrating during these swaps, especially if they are the first time. Just read my thread ....

Keep us posted on the progress as you find out.
no its not that. dont say that. i need all the help i can get on this thing. if it turns out that the cam sensor was the only problem. im gonna be relieved. then i can join the 500hp club. stay tuned.
and thanks for helping me out. its the thought that counts man.
Old 09-13-12, 08:00 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn bro.. i really hope you get it figured out..

btw - if you get a moment, update the Tags with AEM as well.. I am following your thread for several reasons, one of them being the AEM unit from DF..

Quick Reply: DoomLight's 1992 SC300 1JZ Swap & Build Thread