Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

DoomLight's 1992 SC300 1JZ Swap & Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-12, 11:11 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Resistor is resistor. Aaron is full of S. His product he sold you is full of S. And your amazing tuner and his shop are full of S.

Figure out how to get signal from the rear cam sensor, MAKE Aaron send you a new box and harness that he personally guarantees is 100%, and find a tuner that's gonna tell you 400whp is a bad idea on stock 1j injectors and refuses to do some risky attempt on something like that since it could blow up your car.

Then your car should work. If not, then it's your wiring. Good luck.
Old 09-24-12, 11:28 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man it seems like everyone that builds there car today gets some kind of bull Shid run around I hope you get this worked out soon I would finda way to test the resistor to make sure it's working properly then from there find out if the aem is just messed up ( unfortunately your going to have to rip up that harness regardless smh)

Good luck
Old 09-24-12, 05:04 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Ok so my next question is how do you want to run you injectors? btach or sequential ? i remember you said your tuner wants them to sequential?!

If so just get on from an Acura Legend $10 and just cut the pigtail all the way back so you can just plug it in you harness once you rewire the pigtail.

Wiring harness i would go through it again just to make sure everything is on point.
indeed i intend too. sequential of course.
Old 10-22-12, 05:14 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

so i got my 2jz resistor

pulled out the harness. what a biotch!

had it modified from batch to sequential

here are the newly reloomed wires

here is where the 2jz resistor was wired into the main harness.

this is where the 6 injectors come out of the main harness and patch into the driftmotion harness adapter.

here is where the join into the adapter.

and here is the last pic of the adapter from driftmotion. modified greatly of course.

i'll post up a pic once i reinstall the harness and put back on some of the plastic covers.
Old 11-01-12, 08:00 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

update.

today after a few adjustments to the AEM, the car is alive again. now running sequential injection with the 2jz injector resistor.

while running. we checked the temps on the primaries of the header. the front 3 were around 450 degrees, but the rear 3 were only at 220 degrees.

weird. but i no longer have ignition break up past 4000 rpms. so next stop. getting it back to the tuner. i think this will be all over and i can finally get some horsepower out of this thing.
Old 11-02-12, 03:15 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad ur finally getting it figured it
Old 11-05-12, 05:31 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Make sure the tuner knows about the exh temps being double on the front three cyls. If your engine isn't toast, he may be able to alter the trims on those to save them from becoming toast.
Old 11-05-12, 05:48 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Vrank, I think you need to be hired tuner and wire figureouter on here!!! You and Quick really knows whats going on on these things..

I wish I could have been more help, but as many of you know that wiring is not my cup of tea on harnesses. Other things yes, but harnesses, a no go in my book.

Keep us posted on what you finally do and the numbers that you achieve. You know we need to see a dyno sheet or video too!!! Good luck man...
Old 11-05-12, 07:01 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vrank
Make sure the tuner knows about the exh temps being double on the front three cyls. If your engine isn't toast, he may be able to alter the trims on those to save them from becoming toast.
what are the normal exhaust temperatures coming out of the head ports anyway? when my tuner is available. i will be sure to bring an infrared heat temp gun. so he can adjust the fuel.

we did just get it running only. so thats probably why its all messed up.
Old 11-05-12, 07:04 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Vrank, I think you need to be hired tuner and wire figureouter on here!!! You and Quick really knows whats going on on these things..

I wish I could have been more help, but as many of you know that wiring is not my cup of tea on harnesses. Other things yes, but harnesses, a no go in my book.

Keep us posted on what you finally do and the numbers that you achieve. You know we need to see a dyno sheet or video too!!! Good luck man...
its all good man. i really appreciate you helping me. but my wiring and everything has been just changed so much from the original set up that Driftmotion intended. i tell you what. i never taken on such a task before.

learning a lot about a cars systems now.
Old 11-05-12, 08:42 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Come on get it tune ! let's see what she does.
Old 11-16-12, 06:51 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

a small update.

got my car down to the dyno. they finally got my car running right. the last 3 cylinders that were running cooler were simply not getting fuel. the injectors werent firing. which explains why they were 200 degrees cooler than the front 3 cylinders.

anyway. moving forward. they found another problem tho. not sure if its because I bought one of those eBay 255 pumps from TRE performance or what. but the tuner says the pump isn't keeping the fuel pressure despite my aeromotive fuel pressure regulator.

im not in Miami i live 110 miles away. so i cant see what they are doing. but they are giving me updates.

i'll post more updates
Old 11-16-12, 06:54 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Damn , it's always something lol . But it's good they are going through the setup and eliminating whatever doesn't work or not working .

I have a brand new tt denso FS if you are interested.

GL
Old 11-17-12, 09:52 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Shop installed another pump already. The TRE performance pump I installed was junk..

This is what it looked like after being in for nearly 2 years with less than 500 miles on it
Old 11-17-12, 10:05 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

So what the news? good /bad?!

Quick Reply: DoomLight's 1992 SC300 1JZ Swap & Build Thread