Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

DoomLight's 1992 SC300 1JZ Swap & Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-12, 06:56 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Parker Gen
Is there a place to buy that t3 manifold, I am going through the same process as you but need a new manifold as the one I bought does not fit my turbo, hits the cam covers.
i bought mine from www.SSautochrome.com yes they have a bad rep. from ebay. but im telling you. make sure you have the main flange to head checked before you put it on. it will leak i tell you!

they sell it for 195 on their site. its hard to find this manifold on Ebay. its full of T4 Manifolds.
Old 06-09-12, 01:06 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DoomLight
i bought mine from www.SSautochrome.com yes they have a bad rep. from ebay. but im telling you. make sure you have the main flange to head checked before you put it on. it will leak i tell you!

they sell it for 195 on their site. its hard to find this manifold on Ebay. its full of T4 Manifolds.
This one here. http://www.ssautochrome.com/search.i...QueryTitle=1jz
Yep I think Ima go this one too because it seems to be the only one that will work for the price. But I'm looking at it from XSPower! They have it cheaper when it is shipped Internationally.

P.S did you brace yours? Got more photos of it installed?

Last edited by Parker Gen; 06-09-12 at 01:16 AM.
Old 06-09-12, 05:45 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

This one here. http://www.ssautochrome.com/search.i...QueryTitle=1jz
Yep I think Ima go this one too because it seems to be the only one that will work for the price. But I'm looking at it from XSPower! They have it cheaper when it is shipped Internationally.

P.S did you brace yours? Got more photos of it installed?
yes i had the flange shaved flat, and i had it braced.
Old 06-09-12, 10:26 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

How long have you had it on your car now? Any problems? I am still looking at the quicksilver one from suprastore but they are asking $880 shipped!!
Old 06-10-12, 11:53 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

How long have you had it on your car now? Any problems? I am still looking at the quicksilver one from suprastore but they are asking $880 shipped!!
its been on it for about a year. but i dont drive it much. because i am in pursuit of 500hp. its not registered or insured yet either. i think i put on 300 miles since i had the single turbo conversion completed. so far no issues.
Old 06-10-12, 03:06 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would get the SSautochrome one it looks nice and you won't any issues clearing the compressor housing.
Old 06-10-12, 03:47 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
I would get the SSautochrome one it looks nice and you won't any issues clearing the compressor housing.
Agreed. T3 will give you good spool time. The only thing that's gonna suck is having a downpipe made. It has to be pretty much custom. As u saw on mine, I had like 3 revisions. If u go screamer pipe that will simplify things for setup.
Old 06-10-12, 05:53 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

So this one? http://www.ssautochrome.com/search.i...QueryTitle=1jz
Looks ok. I'm just concerned with the fact there is no angle on the t3 flange when it comes to downpipe. And what about overall strength, looks a bit weak to me :s Anyone else used these?
Old 06-10-12, 08:42 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

So this one? http://www.ssautochrome.com/search.i...QueryTitle=1jz
Looks ok. I'm just concerned with the fact there is no angle on the t3 flange when it comes to downpipe. And what about overall strength, looks a bit weak to me :s Anyone else used these?
That's correct. No angle. If you want an angled manifold you have to go T4. It's angled. And I'm certain the downpipe kits will work. If you switch to a T3 manifold VIA an adapter on the T4, that just makes you have height and clearance issues.

90% of the turbod 1 and 2jz motors with single conversion have to have a 90 degree bend welded on. At least with this one its not necessary. Your only issue will be oil drain. I had to use two 90 fittings to clean the cylinder 1 thru 3 exhaust runners.

Look at the 2jz vvti build thread with a GT3582r you will see what I'm talking about.

I hope this manifold is stronger than the usual SSautochrome stuff. It says its made of 321 steel. Not the usual thin 304.

I didn't wrap the manifold nor did I use the garbage gasket it comes with. Those are potential problems I think I may have avoided thus far.

Stay tuned.

Last edited by DoomLight; 06-10-12 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-11-12, 04:25 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

That's correct. No angle. If you want an angled manifold you have to go T4. It's angled. And I'm certain the downpipe kits will work. If you switch to a T3 manifold VIA an adapter on the T4, that just makes you have height and clearance issues.

90% of the turbod 1 and 2jz motors with single conversion have to have a 90 degree bend welded on. At least with this one its not necessary. Your only issue will be oil drain. I had to use two 90 fittings to clean the cylinder 1 thru 3 exhaust runners.

Look at the 2jz vvti build thread with a GT3582r you will see what I'm talking about.

I hope this manifold is stronger than the usual SSautochrome stuff. It says its made of 321 steel. Not the usual thin 304.

I didn't wrap the manifold nor did I use the garbage gasket it comes with. Those are potential problems I think I may have avoided thus far.

Stay tuned.
Hmm I might get the same one you got actually. Person selling me a quicksilver manifold for 3 times as much as the XS one seems shifty. I will just brace it. After revising it, it looks pretty well welded together.
Old 06-12-12, 04:45 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

So is the xs manifold you have good for 39mm wastegate? I got the same as you coming.
Old 06-12-12, 09:21 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

So is the xs manifold you have good for 39mm wastegate? I got the same as you coming.
yes. the flange has 6 holes i assume for you to use a 4 bolt gate like the HKS type or the 2 bolt type like the Tial. the Tial i used with gasket fits perfectly. you should be ok. the space is kinda tight as you seen in my pics. so if you go open dump on the gate you should have room.

i just dont like the noise of open dump on boost when im in a car like this.
Old 06-13-12, 12:29 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

yes. the flange has 6 holes i assume for you to use a 4 bolt gate like the HKS type or the 2 bolt type like the Tial. the Tial i used with gasket fits perfectly. you should be ok. the space is kinda tight as you seen in my pics. so if you go open dump on the gate you should have room.

i just dont like the noise of open dump on boost when im in a car like this.
I got precision 39mm. Hopefully it fits right on without needing to weld the flange that comes in the box. I noticed it has 6 holes which is sweet, I got the 2 bolt wastegate.
Old 06-13-12, 06:18 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow...u have come a long way nice work. do u come down to south florida ever . i would love to see this bad boy in person
Old 06-13-12, 06:24 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cmh
wow...u have come a long way nice work. do u come down to south florida ever . i would love to see this bad boy in person
Thanks man! Once I get it tuned I will be driving it more.

Quick Reply: DoomLight's 1992 SC300 1JZ Swap & Build Thread