Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

JDM RHD Toyota Soarer 1JZGTE Single Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-12, 06:00 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice. congrats. now go slap that baby on.

is the manifold painted blue? or is it anodized?
Old 06-18-12, 06:45 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good man. get a straight edge and check to make sure the flange is flat.
Old 06-18-12, 05:42 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I used a Morosso oil catch can. I also placed it where the charcoal canister used to set. i dont smell fumes either. I used the AN -10 size fittings on both sides of the valve covers. Check out my build in my siganture. GL.
Old 06-19-12, 12:43 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

updated -------

Last edited by Parker Gen; 03-07-13 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-19-12, 01:40 AM
hq666
Driver School Candidate

Default t4

hey mate can you take pictures of your manifold dummy bolted in the engine bay, one with the turbo on one with out? I have been thinking of getting that manifold for a while, but was thinking the wastegate would be on the wrong angle or foul the strut tower.

I brought a duel ball bearing t3 mr turbo, turbocharger. as the current ar70 front and ar.68 t4 ebay special turbo was to laggy for my liking only does a best 0-100km/h in 5.8sec and that stalling it up to almost 3k for launch.

i have the t4 angled type ebay manifold atm it fits, but im not happy with it running oil return was a pain and the outlet of the turbo has to turn a sharp 90*

i would show you picture but photobuckets down!

btw im running a 11psi wastegate spring on mine but connected a boost controller up and now running 20psi goes hard but not even close to being a 400hp car

Last edited by hq666; 06-19-12 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-19-12, 02:58 AM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by hq666
hey mate can you take pictures of your manifold dummy bolted in the engine bay, one with the turbo on one with out? I have been thinking of getting that manifold for a while, but was thinking the wastegate would be on the wrong angle or foul the strut tower.

I brought a duel ball bearing t3 mr turbo, turbocharger. as the current ar70 front and ar.68 t4 ebay special turbo was to laggy for my liking only does a best 0-100km/h in 5.8sec and that stalling it up to almost 3k for launch.

i have the t4 angled type ebay manifold atm it fits, but im not happy with it running oil return was a pain and the outlet of the turbo has to turn a sharp 90*

i would show you picture but photobuckets down!

btw im running a 11psi wastegate spring on mine but connected a boost controller up and now running 20psi goes hard but not even close to being a 400hp car
Wastegate clears drive column great, no problems. The ebay parts are not quality at all, to make big power reliably there is a lot of work and money involved.
Old 06-21-12, 05:44 AM
hq666
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the pics ill buy the manifold. Ebay parts are fine for these cheap cars, not worth spending the money on good gear, you never get it back
Old 07-05-12, 06:16 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

coming along nicely.
Old 07-07-12, 07:45 AM
MKIVS374
Lead Lap

25mm in a inch sir. Damn the schools today!!!
Old 07-07-12, 02:21 PM
Parker Gen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MKIVS374
25mm in a inch sir. Damn the schools today!!!
Yeah but i have a 2.5MM HOLE WHICH IS EQUAL TO 0.1" RESTRICTOR. SHOULD BE OK?
Old 07-23-12, 05:16 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Parker Gen
Ok getting exhaust done this week, need injectors soon. I am wondering if anyone can help me out here. I want to replace the injectors and have it run as well as possible on the stock soarer 1JZGTE ECU. I do not want to change ECU right now too expensive. Are there any new injectors I can buy that are direct plug and play replacements for the 1JZGTE (side feed???) 380cc injectors? I am looking around 550cc+ for as cheap as possible.

Found these, looks like a good deal, do these need a resistor pack or whatever it is called, they say they are high impedence so can they run on the stock ECU?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Soare...ht_3275wt_1185
These^^^^^^ injectors are a top feed design.

Those injectors will have to have a resistor box and the factory ECU will in NO way control that much fuel, even a fuel computer IE: AEM FIC/ Apexi SAFC/NEO ETC ETC.will not control that much injector they only run a +50% or -50% fuel.
GL
Old 07-23-12, 08:41 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

I had this same XS power Manifold and it is the vibrations from the motor that cause cracks in the welds at basically every point. It looks very nice but keep an eye on it to make sure its not cracking and if it is take it off and have a welder go over every weld on the Manifold. I had to fix mine 3 times. and i also had Bracing but was drifting my car and working it very hard. I had an HX35 on my setup.
440 CC injectors from an aristo Drop right in. With the Stock ECu you will be running rich but with more boost you should be able to level it out closer when at High RMP's. If you get an SAFC 2 you can adjust a little to make the fuel corrections. Good Luck
PS i too have a Tial but i have it at 19 PSI on a 2 Spring stack and it s a 37MM. your Map sensor is good to 18PSI
Old 07-23-12, 11:13 PM
2jzforlife
Pole Position

Looks great!! Keep up the good work
Old 07-24-12, 01:36 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice
Old 07-24-12, 06:27 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Parker Gen
Ok I have just purchased 440cc high impedance injectors denso. Should be good for what I want right now. They are just plug and play which is great, no need for resistor box etc. Hopefully stock ECU works well with them, maybe get a Apexi SAFC or something? Anyone know of another air fuel calibrator other than the SAFC that works just as good?

My question now. I am looking to install a air fuel gauge, can I install that on the factory 1JZGTE o2 sensor (3 wire)? Will it work good enough to give me an idea of how well it is running with the new turbo setup? Can anyone tell me how to tell the difference between the 1 blue wire and the 2 black wires? I completley forgot about marking each one before I cut and soldered them to longer wire and now the 2 black wires could be mixed up. Is this a problem or does it not matter? I'd rather be able to simply buy a Air/Fuel gauge and not a new o2 sensor because that is expensive.

If I should buy a new one (wideband?? I thought my stock one is a wideband - has 2 bolt holes and the sensor with 3 wires) is there a direct replacement new one I can buy? My dump pipe has 3 o2 sensor holes with the screw in thread.
if you hook up an air fuel gauge to the stock 02 sensor its only gonna give you a narrow band of information. its not accurate for tuning.

if you are going to go with the piggy back method of tuning. you will need a super afc to tune. to get accurate exhaust air fuel reading you will have to get a wideband o2 sensor and bung welded in.

your injectors will work just fine with out a resistor needed. your car will run richer if u just drop them in. u may have a crappier idle until you can get a stand alone ecu or a piggy back to dial down the injectors a bit.

to me those 440s aren't big enough to cause any issues over the stock 370s. i'd just throw them in.

Quick Reply: JDM RHD Toyota Soarer 1JZGTE Single Turbo Build