Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My SC300 NA-T Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-12, 12:27 PM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frustrations continue. Trying to remove the spoiler on the car and it's held down by some bolts... and some bolts with GLUE! WTF is this jimmy rigged POS! Now I'm not sure as to how to remove it. Thinking of getting some fire and burning it off....

Yep- he just cut the metal and peeled it back. ****ing half *** ****.

that is glue in between the spoiler and the trunk. GLUE on the outside of the car.

Then, started removing the front lip, and of course everything is rusted and he didn't use the same hardware from everything- different sized nuts, bolts, metric, standard, etc. it's all over the place and having some trouble with removal. I'm so pissed.

Anyways, enough concealing who the previous owner because I've simply had it. This was the car I bought:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...omoto-kit.html

Good news: my Auto TT LSD is here. and new plug/distributor wires are on their way.

Old 08-26-12, 12:36 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Man, you have your work cut out for you! Don't get so frustrating about it. Do one project at a time and go from there. There is a crap ton of info in here for your to read and discover easier fixes than you might think. Did you ever get the spoiler off of the trunk? How bad is the front spoiler. Many people have bought a home depot rubber one and made that work, and it look appealing. I had mine vinyl wrapped, but it started to peel in one spot after I drug it on the metal ramps loading it on a car hauler. So I took it off, and stripped, and sanded it, and repainted it with SEM black landau paint. We will see how long it last? GL on your projects and keep us posted on several pictures.
Old 09-16-12, 11:41 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

The past couple days been working hard at it

Saturday, I installed my new sparkplugs and distributor wires. Didn't go too bad. Nothing special to report. I also installed my "new" used AC compressor. As you can see here, it looks like the unit I bought was different than the one I had. I figured to try switching the casting for the refrigerant lines.... Seems like it worked. However, since my AC unit wasn't turning on (more on that later), I could not see reinstall new refrigerant.

Today, Sunday, I dealt with both my radio and my AC/fan unit not turning on. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

Coming out of my AC unit was this....

into this...

and I have no idea what that box does. I'm not really sure if I'm missing anything since the previous owner did not believe in using solder or proper connectors...

WTF

Anyways, here is what is inside the box..

Frustrated is an understatement. Help on that magical box??? What is it for?

Thanks
Jeremy

Last edited by marshall2j; 09-17-12 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-17-12, 12:47 PM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Update. Fan unit is now working. AC still not triggering clutch. Radio still dead. Are there other fuses for the radio? The one in the engine bay is fine. Is there another?
Old 09-17-12, 02:14 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would just remove the radio harness and the harness under the radio and just replace then go from there.This guy just screwed the whole car..what a butcher..
Old 09-17-12, 03:22 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh dear sweet mother of
Old 09-17-12, 09:01 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.. Wtf kind of ghetto rig mess was that?
Old 09-18-12, 01:01 PM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Update again. Got radio working but nothing to the front speakers.

And.... it left me stranded last night. Seemed like a clutch switch issue (bypassed by previous owner), and looking at the wiring it could have been the case. Was too late/dark to diagnose. Friends helped me by pushing the car then popping the clutch to start it. BTW after we did this, the battery light on the dash came on, anyone know what it could mean?

I'm getting less and less excited about this car. I'm finding out that his fastener of choice is hot glue...
Old 09-18-12, 01:06 PM
sweetchuck
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i say strip it down and start from scratch. visit local pic a part and start from there. unmolested harnesses are best. i say if you have a back up car put the sc down and pull EVERYTHING OUT. do not skimp.no re wire no hot gluue. start from the correct plug and replace the entire set.
Old 09-18-12, 01:26 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Just like the other guys have said. Get a used harness that plugs in at the bottom. It will give you all new wiring for radio and the A/C control. I'm glad mine didn't look like that, I'd be pissed too.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails My SC300 NA-T Build-aem.jpg   My SC300 NA-T Build-radio-20open.jpg  
Old 09-18-12, 01:50 PM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you got some work to do.. what a butch that is.. Your doing the right thing though! Keep up the good work!!

In for future updates!! Good luck
Old 09-18-12, 06:53 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

what wing is that
Old 09-19-12, 07:41 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes if you have a garage , just strip it to the frame make a list and get ahold of Gazi or go to the pick your part and help yourself !

Battery light on the dash sounds like alternator, but i can't be 100% sure since it has all these wiring issues.You have tear into this car to find majority of the hack job the PO did .

If you where in MD i'll help you get it done !
Old 09-20-12, 06:19 AM
marshall2j
Pole Position

Thanks guys. Half of me wants to cut my losses and just sell the car. At the rate I'm gonna need to spend, I can just get a better conditioned car. I got ****ed over.

EDIT: The wing is supposedly an authentic Veilside wing.... At this rate, I don't know. I have another free weekend coming up and see what else I can find or clean up. I also need to get my G35 ready to run the following weekend at Watkins Glen.

Last edited by marshall2j; 09-20-12 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-20-12, 07:42 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand it's a lot to fix a previous owners hacks, but why are you buying LSD pumpkins when there is about 100hrs of wiring work?

Plus you live close to Aliga he has a gajillion parts sc's in his yard.

Priorities will get it squared away, good job on the A/C so far.

Quick Reply: My SC300 NA-T Build