Search this Thread

Old 08-08-13, 01:35 PM
LexFather

J/K, looks incredible!!
Old 08-25-13, 07:47 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

So my 1,100 mile road trip on the new 22" staggered Vossen CV4s wheels can be called a huge success as I am probably the first LS guniea pig to do an extended road trip on these 255/30/22 and 305/25/22 sized Delinte D7 Thunder tires. Tires were nice and smooth after a thorough road force balance (required for these tires IMO), drove through ridiculous amounts of tropical style rain for over 250 miles straight on the first leg. They handled the water just as good as my Conti DWS tires ever did and as far as extended highway speed and tire heat in 90+ degree heat..the air pressure stayed constant at around 42 PSI. (Cold is 39). Tires were quiet enough to keep my 4 month old son sleeping the entire trip. Tires felt sure footed with no squirellyness at speeds averaging near 80mph. I have to say..for $575 shipped for a set of these China produced tires..I have nothing at this point to complain about. I'll see how they are at 5k, 7500 and 10k to really see how they hold up. With a very limited trunk, I do not expect to take another extended road trip with the family since the car was absolutely loaded down with a lot of cargo as well. No space left unused haha. My Instagram CL family knows exactly what I am talking about. So we will make family trips in our new SUV that I am in the process of getting.

As you know..i write up lengthy posts with lots of key words to try to clearly explain my experiences. If anyone has any questions let me know. Jitty Out

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App

Last edited by CJITTY; 08-25-13 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-26-13, 12:32 AM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What mode did you say you drive on? Let me know how the inner tread wear is on yours I'm gonna unmount my wheels and tires pretty soon to examine the rims for any bends and the tires for irregular wear. But I dont run lowered at all
Old 08-26-13, 03:52 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LXurious
What mode did you say you drive on? Let me know how the inner tread wear is on yours I'm gonna unmount my wheels and tires pretty soon to examine the rims for any bends and the tires for irregular wear. But I dont run lowered at all
I have my lowering data controller set on NORMAL SELECT which is factory setting and essentially bypasses the module when I am on the highway. The car by oem design lowers about 3 levels after 65 mph so no need to run lowered on road trips. I run a mix of normal and comfort mode as far as dampening goes. My tires are brand new so but I will use my tread depth gauge to check inner, middle and outer tread and check once a month or so.

Old 08-26-13, 06:38 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Lookin' clean as always sir!
Old 08-26-13, 11:27 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So essentially your datasystems is only used for meets and parking? I would most likely do the exact same which is why Im holding off on getting one. Saw another one go for 590 here
Old 08-27-13, 08:33 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LXurious
So essentially your datasystems is only used for meets and parking? I would most likely do the exact same which is why Im holding off on getting one. Saw another one go for 590 here
$590?!! Say what? That is stupid cheap. I got mine new for just under $800 shipped last August. If you don't get that controller, can you send me the info on that..I know two people looking for one.

Here is my typical use:

Daily driving to work: Level 4 front, Level 3 rear in normal, sport or comfort mode depending on mood on my 8 mile trip on smooth roads.
Parking at work: No change, leave as is
Highway driving more than 10 miles or so: NORMAL SELECT (bypasses the module essentially)
Bad Roads: NORMAL SELECT and comfort mode
Parking at Meetups: SUPER LOW mode

I generally try to set it and forget it. There are some who drop it each time they park for extended periods of time, but I figure that is unnecessary wear and tear so I don't do all that. My goal was to reduce fender gap, and this controller does exactly that while maintaining a very nice ride. Since the car is designed to lower at highway speed anyway, driving on level 3 or so will have minimal camber wear, at least from what I have heard. I'll be checking the tires monthly for inner, middle and outer tread wear with my tread depth gauge to get a good read.
Old 09-01-13, 08:54 PM
CBS70
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Update. Just got my new Vossen 22x9 / 22x10.5 CV4s with Matte Graphite / Machined finish installed. I also got new Delinte Thunder D7 tires in 255/30/22 front and 305/25/22 rear. Wheels/Tires balanced up perfectly so far and I am very happy with this new look. Not running spacers anymore either since the Delintes have a wide look to them. Tires were $575 shipped to my door and so far after 60 miles or so I an happy with them. Made a few stops and received some postive comments from passerbys..

Attachment 292792

Attachment 292793

Attachment 292794

Attachment 292795

Simply smoove man. Wanted the same wheel but couldn't wait for vossen to make in 22. I knew it would look good. Props for having great taste. Now go get that vertex thang man.
Old 09-03-13, 02:19 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CBS70
Simply smoove man. Wanted the same wheel but couldn't wait for vossen to make in 22. I knew it would look good. Props for having great taste. Now go get that vertex thang man.
Thanks man..yes, working on the kit now along with a roof spoiler and kill the mod bug for a while lol
Old 09-03-13, 04:48 PM
SSAUDIOcom
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very clean car. Give great motivation to me. (a new LS owner)
Old 11-01-13, 02:18 PM
rome99LS
Lead Lap

Oh yea...Lol I'm lookin for a roof spoiler too help me out homie
Old 11-01-13, 09:39 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rome99LS
Oh yea...Lol I'm lookin for a roof spoiler too help me out homie
I heard good things about Dallas Automotive restyling

Old 11-02-13, 07:42 AM
rome99LS
Lead Lap

Ok Ill see wat do they do? Build them? Cuz I can only find one in Japan! 2 actually...both from Japan for over $540+. Ridiculous smh.
Old 11-02-13, 10:14 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rome99LS
Ok Ill see wat do they do? Build them? Cuz I can only find one in Japan! 2 actually...both from Japan for over $540+. Ridiculous smh.
Rome..just use Google smh..damn son. They have a website and others have purchased roof spoilers from them

Not only that butbdid you search ebay..they have them all damn day..are you searching with a toaster oven or what type of mobile device are you using??

Edit: I don't see your year listed on dallas automotive's website but call them and ask. Ebay has one for $89 and call Rick at Prime Collision who will paint and even install it for you cheap..they are on Lockheed Ave just off of South Marietta Pkwy across from Poly Tech

Last edited by CJITTY; 11-02-13 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-02-13, 08:47 PM
rome99LS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CJITTY

Rome..just use Google smh..damn son. They have a website and others have purchased roof spoilers from them

Not only that butbdid you search ebay..they have them all damn day..are you searching with a toaster oven or what type of mobile device are you using??

Edit: I don't see your year listed on dallas automotive's website but call them and ask. Ebay has one for $89 and call Rick at Prime Collision who will paint and even install it for you cheap..they are on Lockheed Ave just off of South Marietta Pkwy across from Poly Tech

That's wat I'm sayin I've done all that and none in the US.

Quick Reply: CJITTY's Build Thread II