Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Joining the SC Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-12, 08:44 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If they are hard codes you can't real clear them for more then 10 sec after you turn the car on
Old 08-30-12, 09:02 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sr71b
well yes i have a paper trail for the depsoit, i don't give strangers cash that's stupid lol. But in any event, not really attached to the car, like i said drove it around seemed fine, the car isn't local to me so taking to my shop to look at it on a lift and tear it apart is not really an option, he also took the tags off so its not like i can tell him to meet me. buying private party comes with its own can of worms that i'm not use to all my other cars have been from dealers, so it there was an issue it fell on them. The part is that holding me back is just that the car isn't 100% like i thought when making the plans to go look at it, so its some slight irriation. But i'm also rational and with any private party sale the owner could have cleared the codes, sell the car, and then on the way home boom issues galore. Idk, i'll have the spare cash to fix it if need be since i got rid of my other car, so idk, i just don't want to buy any car thats going to have a million issues as soon as i get it home. I just went through the headache of building a motor, and things like that don't want to go down that same road. I mean I talked to the dude's wife she said she use to drive the car and they had kids so she bought a tahoe, they have 4 other cars so that one was taking up space and costing money being tagged and insured so idk. Whatever issues the car may have i can get them fixed doing it myself or getting it done near me.....but who knows and i'm tired of rambling lol
Your buying a used and old car, it will have some kind of problems.. There are many that brought the car with headaches and some with minor headaches. It all depends if you really love the car and put money into it. I know MDSC did which i give him a There are many that brought the car and came with lots of problems and end up reselling it. So it love or hate
Old 08-30-12, 09:04 PM
dlsoul87
Driver

The lights are not fog lights, they are turning lights. They light up when your turning signal is on, lighting up the area you are turning into. Drove me crazy when I couldn't find the fog light switch, lol!

Good luck!
Old 08-31-12, 04:41 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dlsoul87
The lights are not fog lights, they are turning lights. They light up when your turning signal is on, lighting up the area you are turning into. Drove me crazy when I couldn't find the fog light switch, lol!

Good luck!
those are fogs, it has the combo switch for them they just didn't turn on

but thinks for all the advice guys, i'll probably still end up buying it so hopefully it doesn't blow up lol
Old 09-02-12, 10:07 PM
projectm
Driver School Candidate

Nice car. Looking forward to the updates.
Old 09-03-12, 08:55 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

yeah i think i'm gonna get it for sure and just prepare myself to fix all the issues associated with the CEL
Old 09-03-12, 02:46 PM
jaysus101
Driver School Candidate

Yea u should get one their great cars, they just don't build cars with this much upside.
Old 09-05-12, 06:08 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

yeah so the emerald one isn't working out, just decided to find another one, too many issues, didn't feel like dealing with, found another one i'm going to look at, i'm buy a SC3 this weekend regardless so i'll post up what i end up with.
Old 09-08-12, 05:33 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

finally got my sc3 i'll post up pics later
Old 09-08-12, 10:32 PM
DSOUN88
Rookie

well beside the probelm that the car came with, the car looks really clean hopefully the problem is nothing serious
Old 09-09-12, 07:28 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

here is a quick pic of the one i grabbed its a 95 as well DWP my fav color of course.
but i don't remember the last car i owned that didn't take premium, hell although this has a bigger tank but who cares i have cheaper insurance and no car payment so win/win.
Old 09-09-12, 02:23 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey SR71b. First off, props for a killer handle. Still my all time favorite plane.

As you know, nothing's gonna be 100% unless the price reflects it accordingly. I spent a bit more on mine the second time around, and got a much better car for it. The new spray looks nice, but what is it hiding?

A good way to check out the care for yourself is to check out the common issues these cars have. They're basically solid and indestructible; but, they have certain things to look for. AC, PS pump, odometer needles are just a few. And of course, your wrench master will tell you the rest.

Good luck, and dont despair if it doesnt work out on the first one. Quite a few of us are second, third and fourth+ SC owners. It's like Tabaka says- an SC is a hottie with a social disease (just paraphrasing, Tab... it's a great tagline).
Old 09-09-12, 07:19 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

thanks its a long story about why i used that name lol haha
but i actually bought the DWP 95 lol i told the guy i didn't want to green one anymore and went to pick this one up saturday and i'm pretty content with it
Old 09-11-12, 10:06 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice, congrats on the pick up
Old 09-12-12, 06:49 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

hey guys going to update with some more pics and what i want to do with the car.

So thus far i'm enjoying the car there are a list of things i want to tackle with it.
As far as upgrades i want to get"
*ls400 brakes
*coilovers (PBM more than likely)
* window visors
*hid headlights and fogs (with fog mod)
*exhaust (either custom or megan)
* led lighting (interior, tag, cluster)
*lip kit (oem sc4 front & maybe 97 skirts)
* wheels (19 x 10.5 et 15 square: seems to be what i like the most, but the more and more i see pics the more i change)

The first things i want to do is preventative maintenance kind of things, change out all fluids, plugs and wires, check belts and everything once over, did a spot inspection, when i bought it, but you know things are different when you can get it on a lift. I want to repair the seats, the driver needs TLC on the bolster and bottom and the rears are split in the middle. I'm thinking its more cost effective to just get a set of beige stock seats that are in better condition. Haven't come across any locally just yet, found a set of black, don't want those at all, and a set of supra beige seats, idk about those, would like to retain power seats on the passenger side, keep the luxury aspect of the car in tact. I want to repair the climate screen of course, that's why i didn't list it under upgrades since its a repair that needs to be done. The door pillars need to be repaired as well i will try and upload a picture, but it looks as if they were painted black and that paint is chipping off, will probably just wrap them in 3m and call it a day. I need to also figure out why the fog lights are not working, i am thinking its just a fuse, but haven't looked yet. I also want to remove the pin stripe b/c i despise it on any car, i'm just afraid that b/c of the age of the car it will have the reverse effect and just be a brighter stripe of white instead of the black.

All and all i'm excited about the car, it rides smooth and is quiet compared to my last car. I'm just bummed at the moment that i'm driving a stock car and have to go to the remaining meets in shows in it lol haha #1stworldproblems.

Last edited by sr71b; 09-16-12 at 12:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Joining the SC Club