Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Skid racing build

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-13, 09:34 AM
2jzcoupe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started working on my dash and switch panel I hope to have it complete along with the chassis harness this weekend.

I am going to work on putting new woodgrain on the whole upper trim piece. So it wont have and holes in it.
Old 08-30-13, 10:08 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wooh anyone notice the screamer pipe
Old 09-01-13, 06:59 PM
2jzcoupe
Pole Position

The past 2 days I have been wiring my car and wish I would not have used a painless harness it turned in to a pain in the butt. They dont use relays in there fuse block and I dont like that. So I wired in relays and removed about 15 wires out of there harness. In short I should have just have made a fuse block my self.

I have the rear tails and fuel pump just need to wire my switch panel I made and headlight.

Old 09-11-13, 09:30 PM
2jzcoupe
Pole Position

So I took the car over to Elevens paint and fiber to have the body put into primer and have all the dents takin out. The car looks great all dents removed and primer all blocked out.
Old 10-02-13, 08:19 AM
2jzcoupe
Pole Position

This past weekend I pulled my motor back out and install my new twin disk and new 350z trans using a maverick motorsports install kit. Everything bolted on perfect all bolt holes lined up and trans was very centered no crazy adapters had to be used for the flywheel.

Old 10-02-13, 11:39 AM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice f-info work looks good
Old 10-03-13, 12:53 PM
2jzcoupe
Pole Position

well I have my motor and trans all dropped in starting to plumb things and need to fab the hot side intercooler pipe and dump tubes.

Old 10-03-13, 02:37 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything is looking great! Wow.
*Have you thought about putting those Ebay clear lenses over the factory inner housings? Those Ebay lights are nottt the best quality as you'll probably see when you try to adjust them- and/or when the LEDs go out.- Especially considering all the quality parts it'd kinda be a shame! Tho I understand it's cheap to replace if you hit something drifting, but yeh.

By the way, are the wheel wells going to be left like that? If it's sturdy enough I might consider doing that same sort of thing vs. enclosed custom arches... hmm

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 10-03-13 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-03-13, 04:08 PM
2jzcoupe
Pole Position

Ya the wheel wells are fine tue front have support of the tube add from the strut tower to the frame. The headlights are not my first choice but like you said easy to replace.
Old 10-04-13, 12:03 AM
smiley954
Driver School Candidate

Old 10-12-13, 07:06 AM
2jzcoupe
Pole Position

This week my buddy jon helped finish up the intercooler piping and both dumptubes.

I also reseved my last defi gauge in to complete my 7 advance defi bf set.
Old 10-24-13, 08:33 PM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=2jzcoupe;8119186]The past 2 days I have been wiring my car and wish I would not have used a painless harness it turned in to a pain in the butt. They dont use relays in there fuse block and I dont like that. So I wired in relays and removed about 15 wires out of there harness. In short I should have just have made a fuse block my self.

okayy so im not so good with wiring and all but ive got some friends that are. and are planning on helping out. i have my 1j sc300 all stock last year basically and i ended up stripping it down for track use only like yourself. i took out pretty much all of the wiring besides the main engine harness. did you strip out all of the wiring also and then run a painless fuse block and push button start and fuel pump on a switch? im hoping to finish mine up asap but im looking for the easiest way wiring wise to get this thing back together and running. any info or help would be greatly appreciated considering i managed to miss this entire season of drifting

thank you
Old 10-25-13, 07:09 PM
Answer300
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

killer machine you're building! love it!
Old 10-26-13, 08:15 AM
2jzcoupe
Pole Position

[QUOTE=ppayne1201;8205034]
Originally Posted by 2jzcoupe
The past 2 days I have been wiring my car and wish I would not have used a painless harness it turned in to a pain in the butt. They dont use relays in there fuse block and I dont like that. So I wired in relays and removed about 15 wires out of there harness. In short I should have just have made a fuse block my self.

okayy so im not so good with wiring and all but ive got some friends that are. and are planning on helping out. i have my 1j sc300 all stock last year basically and i ended up stripping it down for track use only like yourself. i took out pretty much all of the wiring besides the main engine harness. did you strip out all of the wiring also and then run a painless fuse block and push button start and fuel pump on a switch? im hoping to finish mine up asap but im looking for the easiest way wiring wise to get this thing back together and running. any info or help would be greatly appreciated considering i managed to miss this entire season of drifting

thank you
This car has zero of the stock harness and I used a painless kit that was the worst thing I did since I had to add relays for everything since they only use direct power for everything. My car has switches to control everything I did not use any stock switchs.
Old 10-26-13, 11:21 AM
ppayne1201
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=2jzcoupe;8207012]
Originally Posted by ppayne1201

This car has zero of the stock harness and I used a painless kit that was the worst thing I did since I had to add relays for everything since they only use direct power for everything. My car has switches to control everything I did not use any stock switchs.
ahh well **** im back at point zero again lol.

Quick Reply: Skid racing build