Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-12, 01:58 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Battery died from doing the headlight install. kept my 9 year tradition and get another optima battery. chose the only one for this car. the redtop "25".

I just installed my yellowtop. Was your redtop tall enough or did you have to put something underneath it to be able to sucure it. I noticed the factory plastic surround is gone on your ride.
Old 12-17-12, 02:30 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
One of the best Fs I've seen. Well done
that means a lot to me, thanks for that comment brother.

Originally Posted by D&KsLexus
Car is looking good man. You know for the cost of that rear diffuser you could have had half of your headers by now!! J/K, still looks good, just not as fast!

On to your powdercoating, did you have them do a custom color match? Would they still have your color in their records so the other USB owners could use it? I assume you wouldnt mind.

ZAPA...I live three exits down from Davidson in Huntersville, let me know if you need anything or if you want to head out to the carshows here in town. I think you will like the area, CLT has a lot to offer.
lol, trust me, the PPE headers are coming, just enjoying the quietness at least another month. it seems the headers is a must for this car and i can't wait to get it installed. i wish i knew a shop that was more familiar with the ISF around here. hard to trust anyone to work on my car.

the powder coating place didn't provide me any powder at all, they just did the work. I ordered a candy coat, anodized blue, dormant blue and then a clear powder. i think the candy and the clear is what made it change to more of a blue color like the USB. the dormant blue itself is pretty purple, the anodized blue is what made it more blue.

Originally Posted by Rossi
I just installed my yellowtop. Was your redtop tall enough or did you have to put something underneath it to be able to sucure it. I noticed the factory plastic surround is gone on your ride.
i used the supplied piece from optima that clicks on the bottom of the batter to raise it. yeah i took out the surround, it didn't fit correctly but also made it look cleaner as well. let me know how your yellow top fits, i wanted to use a yellow top in the first place but from reading the fitment guide, it said there was no yellowtop that would work.
Old 12-17-12, 03:15 PM
Rossi
Racer

i used the supplied piece from optima that clicks on the bottom of the batter to raise it. yeah i took out the surround, it didn't fit correctly but also made it look cleaner as well. let me know how your yellow top fits, i wanted to use a yellow top in the first place but from reading the fitment guide, it said there was no yellowtop that would work.
Genius suggestion!!! Just did as you adviced. AWESOME. Perfect fit.
The Yellowtop I used is type D75/25. It is proportionally the same as the redtop you have.
I noticed that Optima webside does not suggest Yellowtops anymore. I know that because
the one I used was from My 03 eclipse before I traded it in. The optima website suggested for my eclipse yellowtop D75/25 and the red top you have. If you check today, it lists only the red top, strange. I figured it must be a match. I confirm today .... it is.

Last edited by Rossi; 12-17-12 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-17-12, 05:59 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Genius suggestion!!! Just did as you adviced. AWESOME. Perfect fit.
The Yellowtop I used is type D75/25. It is proportionally the same as the redtop you have.
I noticed that Optima webside does not suggest Yellowtops anymore. I know that because
the one I used was from My 03 eclipse before I traded it in. The optima website suggested for my eclipse yellowtop D75/25 and the red top you have. If you check today, it lists only the red top, strange. I figured it must be a match. I confirm today .... it is.
glad it fit! that's good news for me. ive always had good luck with deep cycle batteries and i actually have the d75 yellowtop in storage, got to get it out, now that i know it fits. are both the terminals on the same size as well as the redtop pictured?
Old 12-17-12, 06:14 PM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah, its a very good match. the engine bay needed some contrast. im not the one to just match every color on the car , i do like contrast but from what i visioned, USB was teh only color i thought would look good.

Do you ever drive your car anywhere???? how you keep your engine bay so clean?? what did you use to clean the plastic cover???....
Old 12-17-12, 06:44 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SoCal_450h
Do you ever drive your car anywhere???? how you keep your engine bay so clean?? what did you use to clean the plastic cover???....
lol, of course. it's really clean under there. even under the engine covers.

i use griots garage vinyl dressing. i like non greasy formulas , and unlike megs, this is better.

thanks bro.

Old 12-17-12, 06:55 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

raybestos rotors here

Old 12-17-12, 06:56 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Having the USB match with the strut bar and intake pipe is pretty cool. Also, great plug for the Griot's dressing. I'm going to have to try that soon.
Old 12-17-12, 07:45 PM
Rossi
Racer

glad it fit! that's good news for me. ive always had good luck with deep cycle batteries and i actually have the d75 yellowtop in storage, got to get it out, now that i know it fits. are both the terminals on the same size as well as the redtop pictured?
They are the same.
Old 12-18-12, 12:29 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

They are the same.
awesome, wish i would of known
Old 12-18-12, 12:31 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Stoptech stainless lines

been sourcing an ARC cap for awhile now with no luck. they are so rare. could not find anyone with it in stock. SargeISF came through, thanks again bro. Still waiting for the Titanium bolts for it.

Old 12-19-12, 03:19 PM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome!!!! I didnt even know you could get titanium bolts!? Dayum! LOL

Stoptech stainless lines

been sourcing an ARC cap for awhile now with no luck. they are so rare. could not find anyone with it in stock. SargeISF came through, thanks again bro. Still waiting for the Titanium bolts for it.

Old 12-19-12, 05:00 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SargeISF
Awesome!!!! I didnt even know you could get titanium bolts!? Dayum! LOL
yep, gonna look something like this..

Old 12-19-12, 05:54 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,018 Likes on 2,434 Posts

Titanium bolts are here: http://www.probolt-usa.com/ or here: http://racetechtitanium.com/

I've bought Ti bolts for my bicycles from Racetech.

But honestly, I'd use aluminum for this. They're lighter and certainly strong enough for the application. They come in colors too.
Old 12-21-12, 09:40 PM
Rossi
Racer

Please post a feedback on the brake lines. I am about to get them. Just wondering if you think these are worth the expense. What brake pads are you considering? I am thinking the Stoptechs or project mu. Probably Stoptechs.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly