Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-12, 01:05 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Titanium bolts are here: http://www.probolt-usa.com/ or here: http://racetechtitanium.com/

I've bought Ti bolts for my bicycles from Racetech.

But honestly, I'd use aluminum for this. They're lighter and certainly strong enough for the application. They come in colors too.
thanks for the link, i didn't know such a website existed. i think it will help with my future projects

Originally Posted by Rossi
Please post a feedback on the brake lines. I am about to get them. Just wondering if you think these are worth the expense. What brake pads are you considering? I am thinking the Stoptechs or project mu. Probably Stoptechs.

will do, last thing on the list is to receive my brake fluid. i actually got my duralast gold pads yesterday morning, hopefully going with calstriboost's word, i just need my wheels with no dust. im' not going to sit here and lie to you guys that i track my car , i just need the wheels keeping clean and having decent brakes during spirited drives during the weekends.
Old 12-22-12, 05:00 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,018 Likes on 2,434 Posts

All the stories about braided stainless brake lines making a noticeable difference in feel are very overblown. I've built lines from bulk hose and fittings, installed them, and found absolutely no difference. An incredible amount of work for no change at all. Braided stainless also requires a more frequent inspection interval. When the wires start to break, you need to be ready to replace them. The OEMs are using kevlar braiding these days, so they're lighter and stronger than stainless steel. They've been doing this on motorcycles since 1991 when Kawasaki was first to market with the kevlar braid on their 750R.

I honestly would not waste the time with it. If the brakes do feel better after installing the lines, you could have just bled them and had the same impact.

That said - I put them on my Supra when it was time to replace the brake lines for age because the braided stainless lines were the cheapest and I put very few miles on the Dawg these days.
Old 12-23-12, 12:50 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Old 12-23-12, 09:58 AM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much where those and where did you order them from?
Old 12-23-12, 11:41 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Lance good info on the brake lines, thanks.
Old 12-23-12, 01:31 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zapa
How much where those and where did you order them from?
i got it from Brozious on here, hes a mod i believe. nice guy, got them to me before Christmas which was my goal. i refused to wait 12 weeks from japan, lol. they are in excellent condition.
Old 12-23-12, 02:02 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Now lets see them on the car!!!
Old 12-23-12, 02:09 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zapa
Now lets see them on the car!!!
10-4 installing now.

Got my Putco jet yellow fogs, yellow tint and dome leds from IJDMTOY. USPS lost my order and IJDMTOY sent me another order for free. very satisfied with their services which was why i ordered more.

Old 12-24-12, 01:05 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

fitment and quality are really nice . i love them. they make the car look wider up top which just goes with the lines of this car so well. i can't even take a picture to capture what im looking at, it's weird. but i'll get some better pics up soon.

Old 12-24-12, 02:08 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Looking really good
Old 12-24-12, 04:52 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

I like them they look nice
Old 12-25-12, 12:32 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

since i have no family anywhere near me, just a day with the F to pass some time by. looks good with the lights on with the LED strip. the contrast looks great and reminds me of the lexus' in the 90s. these bulbs are pretty bright.

hard to capture the yellow. it's A LOT more yellow than this.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 12-25-12 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-25-12, 01:47 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a big fan of your setup! I did the same number on my fogs, but instead of halogens I put in a 3000K HID conversion with the yellow iJDMtoy yellow tint film.

Keep it up and happy holidays!
Old 12-26-12, 09:37 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
All the stories about braided stainless brake lines making a noticeable difference in feel are very overblown. I've built lines from bulk hose and fittings, installed them, and found absolutely no difference. An incredible amount of work for no change at all. Braided stainless also requires a more frequent inspection interval. When the wires start to break, you need to be ready to replace them. The OEMs are using kevlar braiding these days, so they're lighter and stronger than stainless steel. They've been doing this on motorcycles since 1991 when Kawasaki was first to market with the kevlar braid on their 750R.

I honestly would not waste the time with it. If the brakes do feel better after installing the lines, you could have just bled them and had the same impact.

That said - I put them on my Supra when it was time to replace the brake lines for age because the braided stainless lines were the cheapest and I put very few miles on the Dawg these days.
Is it for sure that the Isf is equipped with Kevlar braded brake line. Where can I find that info?
Thank you for your time.
Old 12-27-12, 11:39 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Boma
I'm a big fan of your setup! I did the same number on my fogs, but instead of halogens I put in a 3000K HID conversion with the yellow iJDMtoy yellow tint film.

Keep it up and happy holidays!
Thanks brotha! I was thinking of doing hids in the fogs as well but to me , fogs are always bright with any type of halogen bulb. i was afraid it was going to be wayyy brighter than the headlights or just too bright period.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly