Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-13, 11:06 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

i ordered two sets of custom coilovers from circuitmotorsports about 3 or 4 weeks ago, can't remember from the top of my head. one set for the isf and one set for the m6. i was told both were custom, no discounts can be made and takes 3-4 weeks. no problem i thought.

fast foward today, got the m6 coils in to find this.

wrong car, wrong spring rates

at this point, im pissed. how hard is it to get a custom order wrong? i called up circuit motorsports but i dont feel like they will do anything besides having me send them back and waiting another month. this has really put a bad taste in my mouth. i hope the isf order is right and not for the is350 or something. i bet these were on the shelf sitting there so why take 4 weeks to send out something that is on the shelf? i was told mine were to be custom made.
Old 02-11-13, 12:14 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

That's messed up. I would be irate
Old 02-11-13, 12:23 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that sucks man. I did order my KW V3s from them for the F and my BCs on my SC without any issues. I'm pretty sure they get shipped to you directly from BC though. So maybe somebody there made an error. Hope you get the right ones for the F.
Old 02-11-13, 12:31 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that sucks.

CM is very active on this forum and they seem to have good reviews. Hopefully you can PM them or contact them to resolve this issue. That's a big mistake on their part.
Old 02-11-13, 12:34 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

damn my dude, that sucks big time.... hope you get it sorted out fast!!
Old 02-11-13, 12:35 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang dude that sucks. Hope you get it all fixed as quick as possible
Old 02-11-13, 12:47 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Hopefully they will fix it for you. I dealt with them for my BCs for the F and several other products as well and have had nothing but great experiences.
Old 02-11-13, 04:17 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

basically all i can do is wait. Circuitms and BC take no blame on anything. basically another month of wait after they get this kit back. i just need them to send the return shipping label asap so i can get this wrong kit back to them.

this is my only problem with this issue. when i initially paid for this kit, i was told there were no M6 or isf coils in stock. understandable. he said 3-4 weeks to be shipped. i dont have a problem with that, waiting is what you do on custom parts.

the issue here is Circuit told me today on the phone is that the m6 wasn't in stock and had to be made. Obviously, of course i know that, we already discussed this when i purchased. the m5 kit they sent me was on the shelves already. why would it take them a month to ship me something that was already in stock? if they would of shipped it to me right away , i would of gotten them in a week to know that they were wrong so i could get the right ones sooner. Waiting 2 months on something good from japan, i can understand. waiting for something from BC racing for two months, no thanks.

sad to say, i will not be purchasing anything else from them. i was nice enough to buy from them the right order today because all i wanted to do was to get my money back but they seemed like they needed the sale and didn't want to refund and pushing a sale. its the principle of it that really bothered me. A simple sorry doesn't change anything.

i have the m6 torn apart at the shop ready today but now have to pay for them to install the stock stuff back on which is 500 dollars. so thats 500 out the door because i have the wrong order.

i feel like i should be reimbursed something, even money back on the extenders which i know are probably free to them. even when you drop ship orders , someone should take blame. i felt i was the one at fault which clearly wasn't the case.
Old 02-12-13, 01:51 AM
SargeISF
Lead Lap

I had placed an order for some coilover for the Bimmer from them since they are somewhat local to me. I found out the BC's dont lower more that 1" in the rear because of the perch style on them. I called Circuit, and emailed them to try and clarify that I wanted to change the coils to ST.

The dude acted like I was trying to bone his sister. And at this point, they owe me the difference of the two sets. Horrible customer service. Ill never to business with those *** wipes again. I hope you get this taken care of. Word to the wise, you can always call BC directly, and most of the time, they can beat the vendor's price, and ship almost next day.
Old 02-15-13, 05:10 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SargeISF
I had placed an order for some coilover for the Bimmer from them since they are somewhat local to me. I found out the BC's dont lower more that 1" in the rear because of the perch style on them. I called Circuit, and emailed them to try and clarify that I wanted to change the coils to ST.

The dude acted like I was trying to bone his sister. And at this point, they owe me the difference of the two sets. Horrible customer service. Ill never to business with those *** wipes again. I hope you get this taken care of. Word to the wise, you can always call BC directly, and most of the time, they can beat the vendor's price, and ship almost next day.
lol, thanks for the info Miguel for the input
Old 02-15-13, 05:15 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

so when i got my package, all i saw was this and i felt my blood pressure rising.

after careful inspection, looking at the front springs, it said swift 140 and the rear spring said swift 100. Circuit MS said thats 14k front and 10k rear as i ordered and BC does the revalving on is250 shocks since there is no specific ISF coilover . Well hopefully he is right and other members can chime in. hope all is well

Old 02-15-13, 06:34 PM
1slowF
Driver School Candidate

suspension setup are the same, only different is the valving which I guess you would never know if they really did re valve them unless you tested your set and a set for an is250.

btw, great build thread
Old 02-15-13, 08:02 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

That was quick, they look good
Old 02-15-13, 08:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1slowF
suspension setup are the same, only different is the valving which I guess you would never know if they really did re valve them unless you tested your set and a set for an is250.

btw, great build thread
thanks. yeah i just looked at SargeISF's bc coilover sale thread and his said is250 as well so i guess im good to go.

Originally Posted by LexusNN
That was quick, they look good

this was the kit for the ISF. i ordered a kit for a bmw m6 from my previous thread which they sent me the wrong ones. thanks man, the material quality feels decent.
Old 02-15-13, 08:36 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the BCs on my SC, haven't had any issues. The sticker on mine says "Supra" which has the same exact suspension as the SC. My KWs for the F do say "ISF" on the box and the coilovers itself. But I think you will really like that set up with the Swift springs.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly