Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-13, 09:30 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Wheels aren't my style. Maybe because I love the stockies so much, but they look good. Still one of my favorite Fs
i respect that. i love the oem wheels as well, i'll def hold on to them as long as i have this car which will be awhile. thank you, i appreciate that. i will make it look a bit diff than everyone else, they will be flush and somewhat lower than most here since i dont autocross or anything like that. just a full blown street car that tries to look good

Originally Posted by ISFpat
sucks that they dont concave.. 18x9.5+22 concaves.. I'm wondering why yours doesn't
they are both concaved a bit, hard to tell in the pics. deff not concaved like 9.5 and 10.5, even the higher offsets 10.5 concave , the 10 wide does not.even at 30 my fronts are 8.5 wide which wont concave like my previous 9.5 22 offset te37 on the Z.
Old 03-13-13, 07:50 PM
JrBully
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When do you plan on installing your BC's? Enkies are pretty light. I had a set of 18x9.5 RPF'1 on my Legacy and I was surprise at how light they were. Maybe I'll order a set of Volks after the summer. All of the green backs are tied up in my family vacy to Barbados.
Old 03-13-13, 07:54 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JrBully
When do you plan on installing your BC's? Enkies are pretty light. I had a set of 18x9.5 RPF'1 on my Legacy and I was surprise at how light they were. Maybe I'll order a set of Volks after the summer. All of the green backs are tied up in my family vacy to Barbados.
Im thinking maybe this weekend if i get saturday off work , if not, some day next week. im doing all by myself so i make sure everything is done meticulously . i would kill for a vacation. def look into the volk monoblock line. you wont be disappointed
Old 03-13-13, 07:59 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

picked up all my paint supplies for another project. going to paint my calipers. bought the good stuff, all paint and clear was $600 for such a small project. just need to get stencils made. i dont want to use brembo decals and rather paint it on. the paint will be a 3 stage job like the new GTR brembos. For my body shop guys, here is the clear i will be using.

Old 03-13-13, 10:57 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

What color are you going with for the calipers?
Old 03-13-13, 11:10 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rossi
What color are you going with for the calipers?
i wanted to go with a color i havent see yet on the ISF. it will look gold in the shade and a strong orangish/yellow/copper in light. the 3 stage is the only way i could get something i really wanted close to the gtr.

shade

with light

Old 03-14-13, 12:34 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Nice look. It really is a day and night effect with the paint. Can't wait to see the final look.
Old 03-14-13, 06:06 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Will be nice to see that color on an F.
Old 03-14-13, 06:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Nice look. It really is a day and night effect with the paint. Can't wait to see the final look.
i can't wait either, i hope it comes out right. kind of nervous. not something i want to do twice

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Will be nice to see that color on an F.
thanks brother, just trying to keep up with you ballers down there in socal
Old 03-14-13, 06:23 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

got the Joe Z exhaust. Feel and finish is VERY good. something you have to see in person or hold yourself. Reminds me of my old Nismo exhaust made by weldina in japan. Feels like quality. heavy as hell but quality lol

Old 03-14-13, 06:54 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
i can't wait either, i hope it comes out right. kind of nervous. not something i want to do twice
thanks brother, just trying to keep up with you ballers down there in socal
lol I'm solo in Vegas. And you will love the JoeZ, I get lots of looks every time I drive mine from the amazing sound.
Old 03-14-13, 06:58 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
lol I'm solo in Vegas. And you will love the JoeZ, I get lots of looks every time I drive mine from the amazing sound.
oh yeah i keep forgetting, it's close enough. there are so many ricers and cars done wrong in vegas. to be honest, when i lived there, there were no shops i really trusted. i had a front bumper painted at universe auto sound in chinatown and it came out horrible. they didn't use a base coat and my paint didnt match at all. hope things changed.
Old 03-14-13, 07:17 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
oh yeah i keep forgetting, it's close enough. there are so many ricers and cars done wrong in vegas. to be honest, when i lived there, there were no shops i really trusted. i had a front bumper painted at universe auto sound in chinatown and it came out horrible. they didn't use a base coat and my paint didnt match at all. hope things changed.
Oh those guys from that shop were shady lol. But there are a couple shops here I can trust to do everything right.
Old 03-15-13, 11:00 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

got the last missing piece today for the brake install. after arguing with the lexus parts advisor for two days. they insisted me there was no such thing and that techs used off the shelf brake brake grease from the auto parts store on all of their lexus. i pointed out that it says it in our manual otherwise. they tried to make me sound like an idiot by saying that nothing like at exhisted and if it did, they would of been aware of it by now. well called back the next day with the part number (thanks JoeZ) after reading a previous thread and look what came in ...

Tomorrow DIY parts to install:

Rotors
Pads
Stainless lines
Brake fluid flush

Joe Z exhaust system
AFE dry filter to add to the Joe Z intake

Wish me luck guys.
Old 03-15-13, 11:36 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've installed pads on Brembos on a lot of cars and never used any brake grease before haha. Not even on sliding calipers.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly