Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-13, 01:12 AM
BULLIT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
got the Joe Z exhaust. Feel and finish is VERY good. something you have to see in person or hold yourself. Reminds me of my old Nismo exhaust made by weldina in japan. Feels like quality. heavy as hell but quality lol

Interested in your opinion on the JoeZ, keep us updated
Old 03-16-13, 03:14 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
I've installed pads on Brembos on a lot of cars and never used any brake grease before haha. Not even on sliding calipers.
i wish i can have the same luck. thankfully the brembo grease works. it is copper antiseize..smells just like it, looks like it and same color. damn i wish i would ordered that instead to save money.

Originally Posted by BULLIT
Interested in your opinion on the JoeZ, keep us updated
Got it installed in 45 mins after the car was in the air. extra 15 mins at the end to hang up the plastic under panels that cover the cross bar. this was so easy, i thought a car like the ISF would be somewhat more complicated.

perfect fitment, uses every hanger location. my o2 sensors came out easily with no problems at all. Did the xpipe first, then the resonator, driverside muffler then passenger muffler in that order. pretty easy, much easier than a lot of cars ive done.

the sound : kind of disappointed in terms of sound. i kind of already knew this. its much more tame, more of a "tuned" sound that has no personality. It sounds good, but IMO, does not sound better than the muffler deletes. the delete was more more of a strong muscle car domestic sound until 3k rpm then soundled more like a 2jzgte turbo engine sound. The joe z doesn't really have any special character at all. even all my friends said the muffler deletes sounded mean and raw, i do already miss that sound.

the positives are that its quiet. i can't believe anyone said this was actually loud. it's so quiet, drone is almost non existent which i kind of believe what Biltz714 was saying. its quiet at 80mph cruising on the hwy, it's quiet when accelerating. its noticeably quieter than the muffler deletes and the muffler deletes weren't too loud at all when full warmed up. so that's a good thing.

also, i can feel power increase right away after putting my battery cable back on. feels good and strong. i can also still hear my 2nd intake opening up which i thought i was going to lose.

Im still happy but waiting for the headers to get here to hopefully change up the sound to something meaner and more raw again. i dont really get looks anymore. not sure if it's because of the exhaust or not. but so far, ive been getting negative reviews compared to my old set up.
Old 03-16-13, 03:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

got to give thanks to CaltriSC as well. his recommendation on the Duralast pads feel great! i can't speak on the dusting just yet but initial bite feels close to OEM, brakes smooth, makes no noise (might be because of the brembo grease), fit great. my rotors and pads were still very good. I put new fluid in and also put on the stainless brakes with a nice flush. everything feels great.
Old 03-16-13, 03:31 PM
ludedude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can send that JoeZ system my way if you decide to not keep it
Old 03-16-13, 03:57 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Good luck brotha!
Old 03-16-13, 04:20 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

got to give thanks to CaltriSC as well. his recommendation on the Duralast pads feel great! i can't speak on the dusting just yet but initial bite feels close to OEM, brakes smooth, makes no noise (might be because of the brembo grease), fit great. my rotors and pads were still very good. I put new fluid in and also put on the stainless brakes with a nice flush. everything feels great.
Which battery cables were you referring to?

And Duralast as in the Autozone lifetime warranty pads?
Old 03-16-13, 05:57 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ludedude
You can send that JoeZ system my way if you decide to not keep it
from the vids with headers, im pretty sure i'll keep it

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Good luck brotha!
thanks fellow USB brotha

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Which battery cables were you referring to?

And Duralast as in the Autozone lifetime warranty pads?
i took off the negative cable for a few hours then drove the crap out of it. after the exhaust install.

yep, the autozone lifetime warranty. i was kind of skeptic on the same feel of oem but went it with it since it was ceramic and wanted little brake dust, but very surprised it's close to oem bite, not quite but honestly not far away at all if that's accurate. the initial bite is very nice. this is with warm weather, i cant say with cold weather yet. but im 100% satisfied with pedal bite and the feel of the pedal. the pedal feels shorter, not sure if its due to the stainless lines or just flushing the system.

oh yeah, got these pads for 100 shipped to my door from autozone after the 20% off discount for front and rears and shims are included.
Old 03-16-13, 06:46 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome review. I never would of put Autozone pads on my car until I saw your review. Now I'll check them out when my current pads wear out.
Old 03-16-13, 06:59 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you went with them for the price. I wouldn't have kept them if they didn't feel like oem. You will notice much less dust after they break in. And you can't beat the price of those pads.
I think over time you might like the JoeZ exhaust more, maybe its because you were used to the muffler deletes. if you have someone else drive your car and listen to it from the outside its louder than you think. I was surprised how mean its sounds from the outside of the car. I plan on adding headers too which will make it louder.
Old 03-16-13, 11:07 PM
BULLIT
Pole Position

I'm surprised your a little disappointed with the sound of the JoeZ, I've never heard an ISF with muffler delete like yours so maybe that sounds better and obviously a lot cheaper option. I was just about to swap my ISS to a JoeZ but have changed my mind. In my opinion the drone is worse than the ISS (at around 1500-2200rpm when accelerating normally) the JoeZ is louder and deeper sounding and probably sounds a little better. I had never heard my ISS DES system from the outside so I got my wife to drive it while I listened on footpath and I have to say it sounds awesome. Everyone has a different opinion on drone, sound etc so at the end of the day it's just comes down to what each person prefers. Look forward to hearing your opinion on headers, man that is going to sound awesome and loud.
Old 03-17-13, 12:12 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Glad you went with them for the price. I wouldn't have kept them if they didn't feel like oem. You will notice much less dust after they break in. And you can't beat the price of those pads.
I think over time you might like the JoeZ exhaust more, maybe its because you were used to the muffler deletes. if you have someone else drive your car and listen to it from the outside its louder than you think. I was surprised how mean its sounds from the outside of the car. I plan on adding headers too which will make it louder.
im not too worried since i know with the headers, it should sound pretty diff. i do enjoy the power increase which makes it worth it already. i'll let a friend drive it tomorrow to see how it sounds

Originally Posted by BULLIT
I'm surprised your a little disappointed with the sound of the JoeZ, I've never heard an ISF with muffler delete like yours so maybe that sounds better and obviously a lot cheaper option. I was just about to swap my ISS to a JoeZ but have changed my mind. In my opinion the drone is worse than the ISS (at around 1500-2200rpm when accelerating normally) the JoeZ is louder and deeper sounding and probably sounds a little better. I had never heard my ISS DES system from the outside so I got my wife to drive it while I listened on footpath and I have to say it sounds awesome. Everyone has a different opinion on drone, sound etc so at the end of the day it's just comes down to what each person prefers. Look forward to hearing your opinion on headers, man that is going to sound awesome and loud.
this is the most accurate video of how the muffler delete sounded on my car. if you listen at the :35 second mark, it sounds kind of like a 2jzgte motor.

the joe z is def quieter than the muffler deletes on the inside which is a plus. with the muffler deletes, the thing is it sounds nothing like a lexus, which why people complimented it. sounds like a muscle car until the second intake kicks in and it sounds really powerful air rushing sound.

with the joe z, the sound really goes more with the car, sounds like a smoother tone tuned v8 sound. no more monster v8 sound.

can't wait for the headers either. looking again underneath the car, looks straight foward after taking off the plastics and dropping the subframe. i might have to borrow a lift though. want to do this right. i dont even like scratches underneath the car.
Old 03-17-13, 12:28 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

USPS if fast! took only 2 days to come from Cali to NC. that's crazy. Didn't expect this in the mailbox today.

Old 03-17-13, 01:05 AM
BULLIT
Pole Position

im not too worried since i know with the headers, it should sound pretty diff. i do enjoy the power increase which makes it worth it already. i'll let a friend drive it tomorrow to see how it sounds

this is the most accurate video of how the muffler delete sounded on my car. if you listen at the :35 second mark, it sounds kind of like a 2jzgte motor.

Lexus IS-F Muffler Delete - YouTube

the joe z is def quieter than the muffler deletes on the inside which is a plus. with the muffler deletes, the thing is it sounds nothing like a lexus, which why people complimented it. sounds like a muscle car until the second intake kicks in and it sounds really powerful air rushing sound.

with the joe z, the sound really goes more with the car, sounds like a smoother tone tuned v8 sound. no more monster v8 sound.

can't wait for the headers either. looking again underneath the car, looks straight foward after taking off the plastics and dropping the subframe. i might have to borrow a lift though. want to do this right. i dont even like scratches underneath the car.
Have to say that muffler delete does sound very tuff, it's always hard to tell how exhaust sounds in video clips. Maybe you should go back to it and sell the JoeZ?
Old 03-18-13, 04:46 AM
S4HEI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love your detailing supplies
Old 03-18-13, 01:54 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

i used to have the neochro r40 lugs on my previous g35. first set got messed up when a tire shop used an impact gun instead of hand torquing them. they replaced them. but man, those things are hard to take care of, as the open ended style allows easily for rust. so, after every car wash, i'd sit there and try to dry the insides w/ paper towels, one by one. haha

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly