Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-13, 02:45 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've owned the Neochros R40 and the Neochros R40 Revo which are closed ended (pretty much the same as regular R40 but with plastic caps at the end) and they are just pretty much weak lugs. They are really light but at the consequence of having a lug that skimps on the strength of its threads. I torque every single one down and even after a while, they will crossthread when removing. Try replacing a set of $150 lugs every time one breaks!

My friend's cars, evos/sti's/even civics have the same issue with the R40 Revos, Caliber 24's etc.. all Project Kic's made lugs.

They do look nice but not worth having broken lugs every few months.
Old 03-18-13, 03:57 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by BULLIT
Have to say that muffler delete does sound very tuff, it's always hard to tell how exhaust sounds in video clips. Maybe you should go back to it and sell the JoeZ?
Ill keep the joe z because the power is what i was after plus it's actually pretty quiet on the inside. power feels good with no loss of throttle response at all.

Originally Posted by S4HEI
Love your detailing supplies
thanks man. i'll be adding more to it when summer approches. this was my car today after getting off of work. the sealant has been going strong all winter long. protected paint is happy paint. still beading like a champ.

Originally Posted by cremaster
i used to have the neochro r40 lugs on my previous g35. first set got messed up when a tire shop used an impact gun instead of hand torquing them. they replaced them. but man, those things are hard to take care of, as the open ended style allows easily for rust. so, after every car wash, i'd sit there and try to dry the insides w/ paper towels, one by one. haha

Originally Posted by ISFpat
I've owned the Neochros R40 and the Neochros R40 Revo which are closed ended (pretty much the same as regular R40 but with plastic caps at the end) and they are just pretty much weak lugs. They are really light but at the consequence of having a lug that skimps on the strength of its threads. I torque every single one down and even after a while, they will crossthread when removing. Try replacing a set of $150 lugs every time one breaks!

My friend's cars, evos/sti's/even civics have the same issue with the R40 Revos, Caliber 24's etc.. all Project Kic's made lugs.

They do look nice but not worth having broken lugs every few months.
yeah, i had these lugs before. they will get surface rust in the lugs but you are suppose to use a q tip and put some wd40 and rub down the insides. no more rust.

i had the neochrome revo as well but i blew off the end caps with a pressure washer

i also have had those rays formula lugs but the anodized caps fade and also scratches easy. reason why i went back with these neochromes because of how scratch resistant they are and they dont fade. i lay down a towel before putting down lug nuts, i'm a little screwed up in the head with OCD.
Old 03-18-13, 04:06 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have new photos with the TE's installed?
Old 03-18-13, 04:12 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
Do you have new photos with the TE's installed?
i was going to install it today but its pouring down here. i hoping to install them tomororw if the weather is good. im going to try and do the suspension as well, hopefully it will take no more than 2 hours. looks pretty easy. i'll prob take more time adjusting the height.
Old 03-18-13, 04:17 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
i was going to install it today but its pouring down here. i hoping to install them tomororw if the weather is good. im going to try and do the suspension as well, hopefully it will take no more than 2 hours. looks pretty easy. i'll prob take more time adjusting the height.
cool, Thanks! Cant wait!!
Old 03-18-13, 04:35 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

yeah, i had these lugs before. they will get surface rust in the lugs but you are suppose to use a q tip and put some wd40 and rub down the insides. no more rust.

i had the neochrome revo as well but i blew off the end caps with a pressure washer

i also have had those rays formula lugs but the anodized caps fade and also scratches easy. reason why i went back with these neochromes because of how scratch resistant they are and they dont fade. i lay down a towel before putting down lug nuts, i'm a little screwed up in the head with OCD.

Yeah they hold up very well compared to Rays. I used to stand them up everytime I take them off the car so they don't scratch.. pretty OCD but they'll be perfect looking if I ever sell them!
Old 03-18-13, 04:51 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The Revo end caps also come off at the track with heat expansion.

Digger08
Old 03-18-13, 04:56 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by digger08
The Revo end caps also come off at the track with heat expansion.

Digger08
Some cars have active aero.. we have active weight reduction?
Old 03-18-13, 08:33 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Paint your brakes and put the damn wheels on!
Old 03-18-13, 10:06 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Paint your brakes and put the damn wheels on!
10-4. you guys are making me rush now. im falling behind well since your wheels come in may, i actually have a couple of months to keep moddin
Old 03-18-13, 10:16 PM
SeanGTS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What sealant?

Ill keep the joe z because the power is what i was after plus it's actually pretty quiet on the inside. power feels good with no loss of throttle response at all.

thanks man. i'll be adding more to it when summer approches. this was my car today after getting off of work. the sealant has been going strong all winter long. protected paint is happy paint. still beading like a champ.

Old 03-22-13, 04:07 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SeanGTS
What sealant?
opticoat and have been using aquawax spray inbetween. aquawax is very good.
Old 03-22-13, 04:12 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

got the hubrings in today so mounted up the wheels. Still haven't put the coilovers on yet. prob will raise the rear a tad bit and lower the front more. It looks so good in person, hard to capture the look with the phone camera. throttle response have improved, the car feels faster as well. and looks amazzzzing. im very happy with this mod.

Also just picked up a ls400 last night. very rare color combo...white/black. had to pick it up. drop and some wheels probably. got title transfer, tags and registered today.

Old 03-22-13, 04:12 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Very nice
Old 03-22-13, 04:18 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You inspire me bro LOL

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly