Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-13, 01:42 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by FD3SISF
You will love the added power of the headers. Rockin on PPE's for 8 months now for my DD. You will love the rumble also on the V8.
cant wait until i install them. im in the process of moving to my new apartment and this will come with a garage for my baby to sleep in.
Old 04-07-13, 01:45 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

quick pics with new led reflectors in the rear bumper. wald spoiler will be on this week.

i made a DIY for the led reflectors broke my iphone that's the worse luck ever. all pics were lost which im kind of mad about because it made my install much longer taking pics.

driving on the BCs for a couple of days. these are the 14k/10k with the upgraded swift springs. at dampening at 9 front / 14 rear, it was very close to stock. stiff and harsh. im at 17 front/ 19 rear and its smooth as hell at this height. im very happy right now with ride quality, i have zero noises, clunks, or whatever. dead silent.

Old 04-07-13, 02:39 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks great! rims, drop, diffuser, reflectors, everything.
Old 04-07-13, 08:25 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

looks very good. I want to remove my rear bumper to change out the reflectors back to red. The previous owner had tinted them and i dont like it. Was it hard to remove and re-install?
Old 04-07-13, 08:35 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking very good
Old 04-07-13, 09:50 AM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. Car is coming along great. I love as it sit right now
Old 04-07-13, 10:21 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
Your car looks great! rims, drop, diffuser, reflectors, everything.
lol thanks. although im not a pioneer with pioneer with these mods, im glad there are nice Fs out there that gave me great ideas.

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
looks very good. I want to remove my rear bumper to change out the reflectors back to red. The previous owner had tinted them and i dont like it. Was it hard to remove and re-install?
thanks. yes it's pretty easy. i did ti myself in about 20 mins since it was my first time taking if off and using manual tools. now if i had my handy little 10mm drill, i think i can take if off now in 5-8 mins by myself. i really love the way lexus designed how these bumpers attach on. simple but very sturdy. makes some of my previous cars look like cheap garbage.

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Looking very good
thanks for tips on the led mod

Originally Posted by obby
Wow. Car is coming along great. I love as it sit right now
thank you. means a lot. do you you like the current raked looked or should i go for more of a rake? im not a photographer , it looks better in person , your white car seem to show off the lines better than mine
Old 04-07-13, 10:23 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Looking good
Old 04-07-13, 12:01 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good bro!

I finally got my LED reflectors in and install was easy, just as you mentioned. I did take some pics when I was installing them. I'll try and create a DIY as soon as I find the time, just busy prepping the car for the show.
Old 04-07-13, 12:12 PM
obby
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry bro. My brother usually shoot my car. When I try to do it myself, I'm never satisfy with the outcome because its soo hard to get all the lines like you're saying. Lol. I would never post picture of what I take because it make my car look like crap. Lol. Boostftw here in CL also shoot my car and maybe he can chime in with some tips. GL.
Old 04-07-13, 06:43 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER

i made a DIY for the led reflectors broke my iphone that's the worse luck ever. all pics were lost which im kind of mad about because it made my install much longer taking pics.
Mine arrived last week as well.....

Can you describe the wiring connections you made when installing these?

I assume you just tap the existing brake harness for power.

Do they operate as running lights only or do they also work two way function like the brake lights?

Digger08
Old 04-07-13, 06:55 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by digger08

Do they operate as running lights only or do they also work two way function like the brake lights?

Digger08
Yes you just tap into the harness for the rear parking lights. You can wire them to work as brake lights or just to come on with the other lights. I should have taken a bunch of pics when I did mine lol.
Old 04-07-13, 07:03 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Looking good
thanks blitz

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
Looks good bro!

I finally got my LED reflectors in and install was easy, just as you mentioned. I did take some pics when I was installing them. I'll try and create a DIY as soon as I find the time, just busy prepping the car for the show.
yeah i please do, this is a really good mod, looks very clean and classy at night . even in the day time.

Originally Posted by obby
Sorry bro. My brother usually shoot my car. When I try to do it myself, I'm never satisfy with the outcome because its soo hard to get all the lines like you're saying. Lol. I would never post picture of what I take because it make my car look like crap. Lol. Boostftw here in CL also shoot my car and maybe he can chime in with some tips. GL.

hahah, yeah i know, same here. i look at these pics and they dont do my car justice. my car is finally a head turner now. it's a **** magnet everywhere i go.

Digger08
I didnt use it as brake lights. just when the first acc light is one since i drive around with my LED runing lights in the front.

the connection i used is the harness right above the rear turn signals. I used the solid green wire as power (red on leds) and used the white wire with the black stripe as ground (black wire on the leds) and left the white wire unused (on the leds)

so now every time my front led headlight strips are on, the rear led reflectors are on
Old 04-07-13, 07:06 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
thanks blitz

I didnt use it as brake lights. just when the first acc light is one since i drive around with my LED runing lights in the front.

the connection i used is the harness right above the rear turn signals. I used the solid green wire as power (red on leds) and used the white wire with the black stripe as ground (black wire on the leds) and left the white wire unused (on the leds)

so now every time my front led headlight strips are on, the rear led reflectors are on
Thanks that is extremely helpful...now just waiting for my Wald rear diffuser to arrive to install then all at the same time.

Digger08
Old 04-07-13, 07:35 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Thanks that is extremely helpful...now just waiting for my Wald rear diffuser to arrive to install then all at the same time.

Digger08
i will PM you a pic tomorrow of which harness. i just read my own post and kind of confused my self, ;lol.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly