Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-13, 01:56 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Is the PPG paint you used more chip resistant than the OEM paint? Just curious because I need to respray the front of my car and want to use something more durable than the OEM stuff.
Its def a lot more chip resistant. you wont ever get that oem chipped up/mini dents look. this clear is more of the high end of clears. You see a lot of the european cars having pretty durable hard clear coats as well which is great. Not only that, but PPG has a higher warranty as far as fading goes which is why i tell people to try and get something nice. All paint brands will look the same color wise, but it's the durability with fading and chips that makes a difference in price.
Old 04-30-13, 03:09 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

rear diffuser looks really good...
Old 04-30-13, 05:18 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks even better
Old 05-01-13, 04:30 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you clear the tom's rear?
Old 05-01-13, 08:09 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
rear diffuser looks really good...
thanks brotha

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Looks even better
thanks man, i appreciate it.

Originally Posted by MercuryISF
Did you clear the tom's rear?
not yet. i'll clear it when i repaint my front bumper and hood since it takes the most abuse and i want a durable finish. it's not bad now but i will be going out of state for little car shows and i want something nice.
Old 05-02-13, 05:01 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

about to go wash this dirty girl up. had to use some overcast lighting to hide the dirt.

Old 05-02-13, 05:20 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
about to go wash this dirty girl up. had to use some overcast lighting to hide the dirt.
If that's dirty I can't wait to see the after shots...
Old 05-08-13, 10:52 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Meanstreak
If that's dirty I can't wait to see the after shots...
its really about to shine. going to use my fav polish combo and got some nice sealant from the nice people at autogeek to try out.

got her all taped up and ready to to be buffed tomorow after i get off of work.

Old 05-09-13, 12:20 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 695 Likes on 611 Posts

sweeeeeet, looks fun LOL.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-09-13, 12:55 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn please do that to my paint.
Old 05-09-13, 04:44 PM
Meanstreak
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

its really about to shine. going to use my fav polish combo and got some nice sealant from the nice people at autogeek to try out.
Looking forward to the results. Mine could sure use a little TLC also but all this rain is p*****g me off.

On a side note - I talked to the guy that bought your old Z yesterday at CIN. Nice ride. He's having PPE long tubes installed this week. Just in time for ZdayZ.
Old 05-09-13, 04:53 PM
ERDoc74
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got her all taped up and ready to to be buffed tomorow after i get off of work.

I was kind of hoping you'd give us a run down of your top picks for every type of care detail product...
i.e.
car soap
polish
wax
glass cleaner
wheel cleaner
leather care
etc. etc.
Would be helpful advice coming from someone who looks like he's tried about everything out there....
Old 05-09-13, 05:09 PM
zapa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
I was kind of hoping you'd give us a run down of your top picks for every type of care detail product...
i.e.
car soap
polish
wax
glass cleaner
wheel cleaner
leather care
etc. etc.
Would be helpful advice coming from someone who looks like he's tried about everything out there....
I know for leather care he recommended http://www.autogeek.net/griots-leather-care.html

Wax he uses http://www.swissvax.us/merchant.mvc?...ory_Code=WAXES

Polish- I would say it more depends on how bad of condition your car is in but menzerna products is what I am guessing he is going to recommend.

My favorite wheel cleaner is http://www.autogeek.net/ironx-paint-cleaner.html
Old 05-10-13, 12:01 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by joshhleee
sweeeeeet, looks fun LOL.
on personal cars, yes. on customers cars no, lol

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Damn please do that to my paint.
you know i would. just swing on by, only about 2200 miles.

Originally Posted by Meanstreak
Looking forward to the results. Mine could sure use a little TLC also but all this rain is p*****g me off.

On a side note - I talked to the guy that bought your old Z yesterday at CIN. Nice ride. He's having PPE long tubes installed this week. Just in time for ZdayZ.
thanks man. i wish you could of witnessed the Z at its best, it was really a sight to see. im sure you will see me in the next few months. i'll be down in charlotte. Im suppose to swing by CIN after zdayz.

Originally Posted by ERDoc74
i.e.
car soap
polish
wax
glass cleaner
wheel cleaner
leather care
etc. etc.
lol, yeah it feels that way. there are a few things i look in products. durability, ease of use, final look, duration of time

def. here are my personal faves...going by ease of use and overall look

car soap : Duragloss #901 . you can buy this at carquest stores if you have it near you. It's PH balanced which wont brown youro rubber trims like other over the counter soaps and it does't strip off all existing waxes. Make sure the soap you are using is PH balanced.

If your car is swirled to hell, my go to polish is Menzerna powerglass on a yellow pad. it will take out all defects fast. you will need to follow up on a light polish to bring back more glass and get rid of smaller marks made from the yellow pad.

if your car has the normal light swirls from just normal daily driving and washing, i do like the menzerna super intensive polish. this is good stuff. its made for ceramic clear coats on european cars, i do know Mercedes use this at their factory as well. It can be finished down nicely as a last step polish if you know what you are doing but on my personal car, i still like to hit it with another final polish for that extra shine

My fave sealant if we are talking about ease of use is Optimum opti seal. very quick to use, like 10 min to do the whole car and last for at least 3 months, longer if you are garaged.

for a wax, i like collinite 845, this stuff is durable. the shine is not as good as a pure high concentrate carnauba , but its good for people who live in cold climates and have salty roads. it will last all winter .

for a show shine, my fav wax topper is Pinnacle souveran. this stuff will give a crazy deep show quality look. it only last me like 2 weeks but the look is very good.

wheel cleaner, i like p21s gel, sonax wheel cleaner or the griots BBS certified wheel cleaner. these are all PH balanced but all are on the expensive side for sure. well worth it. wont mess up clear coated wheels. The sonax will change colors telling you when it's ready to be rinsed off.

leather care: i still like using plain old warm water with a terry cloth for weekly wipe downs. thats all you really need to preserve the leather in the F and my whole interior has no cracks , fades or anything.

Glass: i stick to Stoner glass, never did me wrong and breaks down oils and greasy films fast. when i detailed for a living, chemical guys glass cleaner was good since i bought in gallons.

fav interior plastic UV protector : Blackfire cleaner and then followed up by blackfire protectant. easily protects for 3 months and has been tested numerous of times by people. they tested it putting panels in the sun for 3 months so im sure this stuff would last all year in a car.
Old 05-10-13, 12:12 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Hi guys, my name is ISFpower and im diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder, lol

just got this in . both front windshield plastic moldings. mine was cracking at the bottom and it literally bothered me. going to put some 303 aerospace protectant and hopefully this wont happen again.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly