Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-13, 04:00 PM
COisF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you ever end up putting any extra clearcoat on the black pearl emblems from Sewell or the grill from Carson? How have they been holding up?
Old 11-12-13, 10:39 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

havent updated this thread for awhile. been working on my calipers all week long, a little a bit at a time. would i do it again? lol, prob not, that was a lot of work kind of. All of that oem brake dust from my previous pads were a pain to clean.

wrapped my whole car with painters plastic incase of overspray, that took forever.

colormatched GTR calipers, took apart, cleaned , sanded, painted , clear coated, wetsanded, buff out, stickers. will put a coating of permanent coating when its fully cured.

witht he flash on.

Old 11-12-13, 11:12 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Brakes look good!
Old 11-13-13, 07:06 AM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

nice what brand paint you used & where did you orders your Brembo decals?. I recently painted mines but after a pad replacement at the dealer the paint was chipping. I did everything you did above but nothing beats Powder coating. let me know and great job.
Old 11-13-13, 07:41 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Great looking finished product on the calipers, but yeah, you said it... the project looks too labor intensive to be worth it (to me) so I'll just stick with the stock black calipers.
Old 11-13-13, 07:52 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude love your collection of cleaning supplies I think we both have a problem with over stocking haha
Old 11-13-13, 11:06 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Brakes look good!
thanks bro.

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
nice what brand paint you used & where did you orders your Brembo decals?. I recently painted mines but after a pad replacement at the dealer the paint was chipping. I did everything you did above but nothing beats Powder coating. let me know and great job.
PPG paint, PPG paint reader and i got my decals from a local motorsport shop. got a bunch made for down the road. i steered away from powder because brembo is against this and all brembo calipers are painted.

Originally Posted by vbb
Great looking finished product on the calipers, but yeah, you said it... the project looks too labor intensive to be worth it (to me) so I'll just stick with the stock black calipers.
thanks. yeah before starting, i told myself in my head that im about to start painting perfect condition calipers so if it comes out bad, its all on me, lol. i like black but the shape of the fronts, it doesnt show off how big the calipers really are. usually no one even knows i have a bbk stock.

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
Dude love your collection of cleaning supplies I think we both have a problem with over stocking haha
lol, its a sick addiction.
Old 11-13-13, 11:13 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
thanks bro.

PPG paint, PPG paint reader and i got my decals from a local motorsport shop. got a bunch made for down the road. i steered away from powder because brembo is against this and all brembo calipers are painted.

thanks. yeah before starting, i told myself in my head that im about to start painting perfect condition calipers so if it comes out bad, its all on me, lol. i like black but the shape of the fronts, it doesnt show off how big the calipers really are. usually no one even knows i have a bbk stock.

lol, its a sick addiction.
Looks great man! Wish you lived closer so I can see these in person. Anyways I agree with the whole painting makes the brakes look bigger, almost everyone asked if I upgraded my brakes to BBK and I said nope.. these are stock
Old 11-13-13, 01:31 PM
quarius
Pole Position

Looks fantastic, great color combo as well. If only I had a real garage to work in cuz this looks like it took some time to do.
Old 11-13-13, 11:38 PM
senxation
Driver

What is the 3m tape you used for your wald wing?
Old 11-13-13, 11:43 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 43 Posts

Nice choice of caliper color
Old 11-14-13, 12:02 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Looks great man! Wish you lived closer so I can see these in person. Anyways I agree with the whole painting makes the brakes look bigger, almost everyone asked if I upgraded my brakes to BBK and I said nope.. these are stock
thanks Pat. lol, yeah i know. funny reactions i got so far too.

Originally Posted by quarius
Looks fantastic, great color combo as well. If only I had a real garage to work in cuz this looks like it took some time to do.
thanks man, def wouldnt be a 1 day project if you want thing perfect. well maybe if you lived in cali with really good weather.

Originally Posted by senxation
What is the 3m tape you used for your wald wing?
i dont have a part number. i tried looking for it through the bodyshop booklet for amgone75 but there is no part number

Originally Posted by Defratos
Nice choice of caliper color
thanks Brotha, i wanted to be diff and the first to do this color on USB.

few quick pics , had to move my car out of the garage so they can change the sprinklers. excuse the dirty car. too cold to wash it.

Old 11-14-13, 01:23 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks good bro. i saw you were selling the volks on eBay. How did that go? did you sell them?
Old 11-14-13, 02:27 PM
ULTSISF
Lead Lap

Wow!! Awesome build just went thru all the 36 pages.
Old 11-14-13, 02:40 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
Looks good bro. i saw you were selling the volks on eBay. How did that go? did you sell them?
had a flaker offer. theres is a local taking a look at it on saturday though.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly