Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-14, 04:22 PM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Beautiful. I read through your entire build thread today. The car looks fantastic. It's really helping affirm my decision to pick up a USB ISF as my next car over an e9x M. (this coming from a former e46 m3 and current corvette owner) I love the caliper color. It flows. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-13-14, 10:13 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interior for the ISF is pretty easy. since it's such a new car with nice materials, my one go to product i only use in the whole interior is Griots interior cleaner.
I agree and great advice on the Griots products...I use their wheel cleaner also. I have also used 303 products for the interior with great success.

However, I have an exterior question for you...I found and ran the 350Z Club of Florida for three years (03-06) and all of my mods were NISMO that was available at the time. My Z was Silverstone (see below) which is way different to take care of then my Matador Red ISF.

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly-fs1_rt_side.jpg

I used a special wax for silver cars but what do you suggest for my MR...ISF? Don't I need to polish it to keep from showing swirls? Thanks for any advice u can offer and I have been following you mods on you ISF and this is wicked cool! Thanks.
Old 02-13-14, 10:56 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

what ever happened to the diffuser your buddy was working on?
Old 02-13-14, 01:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 473
I agree and great advice on the Griots products...I use their wheel cleaner also. I have also used 303 products for the interior with great success.

However, I have an exterior question for you...I found and ran the 350Z Club of Florida for three years (03-06) and all of my mods were NISMO that was available at the time. My Z was Silverstone (see below) which is way different to take care of then my Matador Red ISF.

Attachment 315434

I used a special wax for silver cars but what do you suggest for my MR...ISF? Don't I need to polish it to keep from showing swirls? Thanks for any advice u can offer and I have been following you mods on you ISF and this is wicked cool! Thanks.
thanks man. ive worked on a few SS 350zs, really easy to detail. for matador red, which is easy to swirl up, yes you do need to polish it if you want it o be swirl free. deepness of matador, i would use something like pinnacle souveran wax to make it look really wet in the shade while looking very pearly in the sunlight. there are some waxes out there with fillers for minor swirling but nothing better than a swirl free car, especially before spring time coming.

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
he is still over seas. i know he said he was working on some isf carbon parts, just hard to get a hold of him.
Old 02-13-14, 05:44 PM
ct200
Driver

WOOOWWWWWW!!! just went tru the thread the car and detailing is amazing...
Old 02-13-14, 08:27 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

This is still my favorite F. I like your taste. What part of North Carolina are you located? I finally got an ISF and I travel to Raleigh /Durham frequently
Old 02-15-14, 09:22 PM
ct200
Driver

is the Joe Z exhaust still up for sale?
Old 02-18-14, 04:32 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

thanks man. ive worked on a few SS 350zs, really easy to detail. for matador red, which is easy to swirl up, yes you do need to polish it if you want it o be swirl free. deepness of matador, i would use something like pinnacle souveran wax to make it look really wet in the shade while looking very pearly in the sunlight. there are some waxes out there with fillers for minor swirling but nothing better than a swirl free car
Thanks for the input...so is the following the process for removing swirls?

1) Wash car
2) Clay car
3) Polish car (using dual action polisher)
4) Wax Car

One more question is how often do you need to follow this process...I assume evey time you wax...or just when you need to remove swirls?

especially before spring time coming.
I hear you as the car shows have already started here in Florida...going to an Exotic show this weekend in Sarasota.
Old 02-18-14, 10:45 AM
tziegler03
Driver School Candidate

Where did you get your USB Roof Spoiler? Thanks.
Old 02-18-14, 03:11 PM
lysis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I just spent a few hours at work reading your thread. Even though I have a IS250 occasionally take a look at other sections. This is literally one of the best build threads I have ever seen on the forum. Keep up the great work.
Old 02-18-14, 04:54 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

took my baby out on this cold day. Happy Thanksgiving F family.

Great Build! Love the color combo..... Are you planning on some new wheels at some point?
Old 02-19-14, 12:46 PM
gtrevels
Driver School Candidate

Just want to say this thread is awesome!! I started looking for an IS F a month ago after I discovered they existed. Bought a 2011 USB CPO with 27,400 miles on it this past Saturday.
ISFPower is the MAN for creating that beast and detailing his mods!
I have learned a lot reading this thread so keep the updates coming!

gtr
Old 02-19-14, 02:51 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4everkidd

he is still over seas. i know he said he was working on some isf carbon parts, just hard to get a hold of him.
I would like to know the details myself, plus what carbon parts is he working on?
Old 02-20-14, 04:45 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just catching up on your War and Peace thread....to see what idea's I can steal :P

Did you ever buy the side skirts?

I love your caliper's...debating this year on a similar color, but more orange to make them pop a bit.

I see you painted them which definitely gives them a more cleaner look....I was looking at media blast, rebuild and then powder coating.....but the powder coating gives them a real bloated look. I really prefer what you did.

Nice job!

Digger08
Old 03-04-14, 10:42 AM
PremiumG
Driver

Wow...I just went on an "ISFPOWER'S BUILD THREAD" binge! Read all 39 pages today at work.
Awesome thread, I now have a list of products to buy. Thanks OP you rock!

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly