Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 01:11 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
This is still my favorite F. I like your taste. What part of North Carolina are you located? I finally got an ISF and I travel to Raleigh /Durham frequently
Thanks man. I live in raleigh/RTP so basically raleigh/durham. maybe we can run into each other.

Originally Posted by ct200
is the Joe Z exhaust still up for sale?
sorry man its sold.

Originally Posted by 473
Thanks for the input...so is the following the process for removing swirls?

1) Wash car
2) Clay car
3) Polish car (using dual action polisher)
4) Wax Car

One more question is how often do you need to follow this process...I assume evey time you wax...or just when you need to remove swirls?
yep, that's the steps. i would only polish once a year, twice max if you swirl up your car badly within the year. wax, i would do every 5 car washes and also depending on the durability of your wax. i prefer a synthetic sealant for longevity , especially through winter. if your car is garaged, i would wax every 10 car washes

Originally Posted by tziegler03
Where did you get your USB Roof Spoiler? Thanks.
i got it from ebay. you should see my car on there, the seller is using my pic.

Originally Posted by lysis250
I just spent a few hours at work reading your thread. Even though I have a IS250 occasionally take a look at other sections. This is literally one of the best build threads I have ever seen on the forum. Keep up the great work.
lol thanks man, means a lot. i appreciate it. i need to do more updates, just been really busy wit life.

Originally Posted by Need4Speed
Great Build! Love the color combo..... Are you planning on some new wheels at some point?
i do like oem wheels, i think i pull it off very nicely in person , best ive seen so far but if i do get another set of wheels, it would be the same te37 or any wheel that is 11.5 inch or wider in the rear for looks.

Originally Posted by gtrevels
Just want to say this thread is awesome!! I started looking for an IS F a month ago after I discovered they existed. Bought a 2011 USB CPO with 27,400 miles on it this past Saturday.
ISFPower is the MAN for creating that beast and detailing his mods!
I have learned a lot reading this thread so keep the updates coming!

gtr
thanks man, i appreciate it. hopefully it helps some make up their minds.

Originally Posted by "that boy"
I would like to know the details myself, plus what carbon parts is he working on?
Originally Posted by digger08
Just catching up on your War and Peace thread....to see what idea's I can steal :P

Did you ever buy the side skirts?

I love your caliper's...debating this year on a similar color, but more orange to make them pop a bit.

I see you painted them which definitely gives them a more cleaner look....I was looking at media blast, rebuild and then powder coating.....but the powder coating gives them a real bloated look. I really prefer what you did.

Nice job!

Digger08
thanks brotha, i prefer painting calipers. my friend just got his aftermarket brembo kit powdercoated and major things went wrong because the previous owner tracked it and i told him not to seperate the calipers and powdercoat because of that and he didnt listen so calipers were warped and did not seal anymore. 3k down the drain.

on silver, an orange would look sick. i wanted to go with a color that was loud enough but wasn't tacky looking few years down the road. i would hate to do it again.

Originally Posted by PremiumG
Wow...I just went on an "ISFPOWER'S BUILD THREAD" binge! Read all 39 pages today at work.
Awesome thread, I now have a list of products to buy. Thanks OP you rock!
lol, thanks man. its an addiction and finding products that give fast and great results. it can make a good car, great.
Old 03-04-14, 01:19 PM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Man,
The rims are fixed. The tires balanced perfect. In fact one of the rears required no weights.
Old 03-04-14, 01:47 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yjk1975
Hey Man,
The rims are fixed. The tires balanced perfect. In fact one of the rears required no weights.
hell yes. thats awesome to hear
Old 03-09-14, 04:08 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Wow! Just read all 40 pages of this excellent build thread!

All I can say is you and your IS-F are inspiring chap. Very nice indeed!

Keep us posted on the rear diffuser and carbon bits your friend was looking to do. Whilst I'm based in the UK, I travel to the US on business 6-8 times a year.

Would love to see some US IS-F owners if I can.

With only just over 200 IS-F's in the UK in total, I'm one of a very small group looking to do some modifications to finish it off, and make it my own.

May pick your brains on what DA to buy, what pads, and what polishes/glazes I should try?

Keep up the awesome work dude. You help inspire us all (even with that huge pond between us! Lol).

All the best,

Peter
Old 03-12-14, 11:16 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

beastly build man love it!
Old 03-18-14, 06:44 AM
USBfan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
here is a sneak peak at my powder i bought for some engine bling. hope it will look good the way i imagined it will be. going to the powdercoater tomorrow and hopefully will update this thread again.

just got some items back from my powdercoater. went with a custom mix of powder that came pretty damn close to USB.

I know that this is a throwback, from a post you made in 2012, but.... Do you still have your custom concoction recipe of powder by chance? Looking at doing some engine bling myself and loved the way your powdercoating color came out.
Old 04-21-14, 07:23 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Just went through all 39 pages and pics.... I know i don't have a "F" but this would inspire anyone to mod there car... At first i was thinking this was a budget build thread with the spacers, muffler delete, LED's, and emblems etc , then you completely raised the bar with the JOE z exhaust, headers, coilovers, etc.... lol...

I would definitely start off with what you did in the beginning, muffler delete, spacers, strut bar, etc...

Did the car come lowered when you first bought it? springs maybe?

This definitely makes me want to get one...
Old 04-22-14, 11:31 PM
Pxnda
Rookie

Awesome build, can't wait for more!
Old 04-23-14, 07:15 PM
Navydoc13
Driver

what kind of roof spoiler is that?

Old 04-27-14, 10:04 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Do you remember where you found these plastic caps? I'm hoping to use your wonderful idea and didn't have any problem finding the grommets, but couldn't find any similar caps. I'm hoping you could point me in the right direction before I waste a lot of time trying to find them.
Old 05-19-14, 06:29 AM
v8sten
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dammit, I just got into an IS-f and this thread alone is going to make me spend a lot of money.
Old 10-18-14, 04:27 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What was your user name on my350z? I remember the pictures of the ISF and the Z on my 350, I am Sylvan Lake V35 over there.
Old 10-19-14, 05:11 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sylvan
What was your user name on my350z? I remember the pictures of the ISF and the Z on my 350, I am Sylvan Lake V35 over there.
superblack350z, i def remember your username for sure. small world.
Old 10-19-14, 05:12 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

holy crap, thought this thread was deleted, i couldnt find it anymore, i didnt know the ISF had a build thread sub forum, ill reply to all questions when i get home later, sorry guys, didnt mean to ignore you.
Old 10-20-14, 02:07 AM
RichFlair
Pole Position

can't believe i went through the whole build. Great stuff happening here.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly