Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-12, 06:46 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Car looks great. The badges are definitely on my list to do and every time I see pics it makes me want to do them more and more. Those headlights look like they match the badges and grill really well. I just wish you didn't lose the turning headlights by doing it.
Old 11-05-12, 10:15 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
no problem, im not sure if your yellow top will work. you will need a group 25 size optima. i had a spare yellow top size 36 i believe and it didn't fit. was too wide.
I have the YELLOWTOP D25/75 i believe it should fit.
Old 11-05-12, 10:47 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
Looks great! What's next?
thank you. next up coming...BC coils with custom spring rates and swift springs, vais ML+, JDM Lexus window visors, spacers, fender roll, wheel spacers,(unless i decides to get volk te37sl but i love the oem wheels too much) toms full lip kit.

i had the most worst year last year, lost basically my wife (9 year relationship), lost all of my belongings in the process, lost family members, was broke and homeless, had nobody during holidays and my bday but this year, im going to give myself the best presents. and it feels damn good.

Originally Posted by WReuroR
Car looks great. The badges are definitely on my list to do and every time I see pics it makes me want to do them more and more. Those headlights look like they match the badges and grill really well. I just wish you didn't lose the turning headlights by doing it.
i felt the same. didnt want to lose the ASF but i looking at it now, i didn't even make a difference. i see better, i still have leveling feature and i see the road better. it's a win win situation.

Originally Posted by Rossi
I have the YELLOWTOP D25/75 i believe it should fit.
Nice! i prefer the yellowtop myself but i didn't know yellowtop had a group 25. if you look at the pic, my battery was made 2 months ago. some of you may know , its rare to find a battery that was just produced. most batteries you buy are always over 1 year old sitting on the shelves even if its new but my friend special ordered this from another store about 800 miles away since he is a manager.
Old 11-05-12, 02:13 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

picked up a new daily driver today. my company has a partnership with bmw usa so i picked this car. good on gas (same if not worse than the isf), good pick up speed..pretty quick, decent handling but that's about it. lol. crappy interior, crappy stereo, i can't believe people buy these cars. im starting to hate bmw. the interior is on the same level as the mazda3s i use to sell at the dealership. but im not complaining when they are paying most of the payment. i'll give it to bmw, they know how to make suspension and throttle response, but thats about it.

Old 11-06-12, 11:46 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Rolled my fenders today and picked these ups. had project kics and ichiba on other cars and never had a problem. i enjoy the ichiba more because you dont have to use the tool. about to install now.

Old 11-06-12, 12:49 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BMW's interior never impressed me, and still doesn't. So even the '13 models still have the orange lighting?
Old 11-06-12, 03:17 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Love the emblems and grille. Got me thinking they'd look sweet on my black F.
Old 11-06-12, 06:47 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VtotheJ
BMW's interior never impressed me, and still doesn't. So even the '13 models still have the orange lighting?
sadly yes. idk what they are thinking. when they do finally upgrade the lighting , people are going to think bmw had a break through design, lol.

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
Love the emblems and grille. Got me thinking they'd look sweet on my black F.
thank you, it was worth every penny. i say do it, looks awesome.
Old 11-06-12, 06:52 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

here are some quick pics after the spacer install with the point and shoot camera. did it really quick while in the parking deck. i'll get better ones up soon. before anyone ask, no rubbing, vibrations or anything like that. ive had spacers on all of my previous cars and never had a single issue. but this car is also the heaviest and most powerful. but i have faith.

Old 11-06-12, 07:16 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like spacers but ichiba has one of the worst lug nuts for their spacers.. they easily strip leaving you with only one option of either using a tool to remove them and potentially damaging your stud or saw through the spacer sacrificing it. I've used aftermarket lugnuts for the 15mm spacers and never had an issue since.
Old 11-06-12, 10:09 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

picked up a new daily driver today. my company has a partnership with bmw usa so i picked this car. good on gas (same if not worse than the isf), good pick up speed..pretty quick, decent handling but that's about it. lol. crappy interior, crappy stereo, i can't believe people buy these cars. im starting to hate bmw. the interior is on the same level as the mazda3s i use to sell at the dealership. but im not complaining when they are paying most of the payment. i'll give it to bmw, they know how to make suspension and throttle response, but thats about it.

Looks like it was "BO TIME" judging by your cup holder!!!!
Old 11-07-12, 07:13 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

yeah... not impressed with the BMW, although Bojangles i like better.haven't seen a Bojangles in years.
Old 11-07-12, 09:30 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ISFpat
I like spacers but ichiba has one of the worst lug nuts for their spacers.. they easily strip leaving you with only one option of either using a tool to remove them and potentially damaging your stud or saw through the spacer sacrificing it. I've used aftermarket lugnuts for the 15mm spacers and never had an issue since.
funny you said, that. i was thinking the same thing. i have a few spacers from the 350z in my hands and the nuts on those have a diff and higher quality nuts. i switched them out yesterday. i think the quality def went down on these new units when we are talking about the nuts for sure. even the hub rings seems "thinner".

Originally Posted by Kramer
Looks like it was "BO TIME" judging by your cup holder!!!!
i literally LOL'd. i never eat fast food but had to get tea that morning. so good.

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
yeah... not impressed with the BMW, although Bojangles i like better.haven't seen a Bojangles in years.
lol. sad part is, it handles like a dream. ive been driving it HARD the past few days and i wish the lexus was like that. 255tq at 1350 rpm is nice too for a 4 cylinder.
Old 11-07-12, 10:24 AM
NERD42
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here are some quick pics after the spacer install with the point and shoot camera. did it really quick while in the parking deck. i'll get better ones up soon. before anyone ask, no rubbing, vibrations or anything like that. ive had spacers on all of my previous cars and never had a single issue. but this car is also the heaviest and most powerful. but i have faith.
What did you do about the studs coming from the wheel hub? I Just received H&R 20mm spacers and the stud sticks out beyond the spacer, hitting the rim.... Also what tool are you referring to?
Old 11-07-12, 10:41 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NERD42
What did you do about the studs coming from the wheel hub? I Just received H&R 20mm spacers and the stud sticks out beyond the spacer, hitting the rim.... Also what tool are you referring to?
which wheels are you using? if they are aftermarket, make sure they are spacer friendly and have a sunken part part where the longer studs stick out. if they dont, you can use bolt on type spacers.

the tool i was referring to was the tool that came with the project kics. it has 4 prongs on it and i didnt like that, a few prongs broke on me before where the ichiba hasn't.

Quick Reply: ISFPOWER's BUILD THREAD.. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly