Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

8052JZ's NA-T Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14 | 01:33 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

doesn't the tach wire go next to the ecu through the body plugs? its a solid black wire on my car. wherever it is you just tap into it and connect it to that output once the ignitor is gone. lq9 have built in ignitors.

Don't run them in wasted spark please run the extra 3 wires and we can change the basemap back they are designed for sequential use. you can also use gte coilpacks in wasted spark like the v1 but we all know how bad that works.
Old 01-15-14 | 01:48 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

whats the the down side of running them in wasted spark? Even Mojo performance said they can be ran this way in there instructions..? This "article" also says he ran them in wasted spark with no issues.

http://www.2jzgarage.com/2013/05/ls2...-installation/
Old 01-21-14 | 08:25 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

So got a couple things done over the the three day weekend!

Rear suspension is pretty much done just need to mount the trd sway bar and its done. All that left is exhuast and off to the tuner.

-UCA
-BV traction bars and Toe bars
-ARP extended Wheel studs
-TT rear brakes
-and modified a new housing for the s366. We changed it to the standard s366 turbine housing sense the custom s366 I had was fitted to a 81 ar housing for more of a street car. This setup. should make some good power so the 91 A/R will work better.

But Sense I put alot of work in making that 3" to 4" downpipe, I didn't want to touch it after it was all done. So I cut off the Bw vband on the housing and welded a 3" to match the dp. I also had to shorten it so the vband was flush with the T4 mounting surface because that's how the 81 housing was. took about 30min and I was done.

Going to be rebuilding those Megan's or replacing them with something else. You can see they are kinda beat up.
Old 01-21-14 | 04:34 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Man those rear brakes look great.
Old 01-21-14 | 05:05 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Tell me more about the uca are hey also bv? How hard to replace?
Old 01-22-14 | 10:18 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Man those rear brakes look great.
They sure do. To bad the ccws cover them a little. But, aw well CCWs

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Tell me more about the uca are hey also bv? How hard to replace?
I wish these where the bv uca. When I bought these, bv made there set available maybe three months later but I decided to give these a try sense I got the fronts and rears. These are the TCsportlines that I powder coated red to match everything else. To replace them, it takes a bit of elbow grease but something anybody can do with the right tools.
Old 01-23-14 | 10:20 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Rear suspension is finally done! This weekend the exhaust should be finished and car will be on the ground.
Still waiting for the front CCWs to come in.

Here the passenger side after sway bar installed with adjustable end links

And here is how the extended wheel studs look with the wheel on. Ill be using acorn lug nuts instead of the long lugs pictured. Not fan of them.
Old 01-28-14 | 03:08 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Small update nothing to fancy. Doing alot of "studying" on the v2. Gerry pointed me to a video tutorial on how to setup and tune the aem v2 properly. I'm going through these videos a few times each to learn how this ems works so I can basically get the car streetable before hitting the dyno.

At this point, the turbo is back on and the car is running at idle but very Rich. AFR is reading at 10.0 completely warmed up at base timing set to 13.9. After going through these videos, I should be able to get this car idling perfectly and gets its first drive on the street.

Had a small hick-up with the power steering tank. Sense its a sealed tank, the system wasn't able to bleed out any air. I had to make a simple baffle to keep oil from sloshing up onto the cap and drill a small breather hole in the cap. Seemed to fix the problem. Also this weekend I should be finished with the exhaust!

being a perfectionist, I ordered a new Cap sense the drill slipped and messed it up. :/
Old 02-07-14 | 08:11 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Small update..

Been busy with other **** and havnt been able to work on the car much. I did manage to get some work done on the rest of the exhuast along with collecting a few new parts for suspension.

Parts collection for the Gixxer Drew Coils! Search around for a few days for the best deals on EVERYTHING and the total cost turned out to much less than whats posted on the SF thread. I ended up paying roughly 830 shipped for everything BRAND NEW nothing used! Pretty stoked on that. Picking up the Bilstien shock today at the local UPS hub. I will be able to get them together sometime in the next week.

I went with the 600/325 spring rate setup. If its to much I can always swap out the springs sense they are pretty cheap anyways.

Exhaust

Old 02-07-14 | 09:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

cutting and welding ... damn Richard , everything looks so easy for you with that fabrication skills of yours. Even freaking turbo exhaust housing vband you replace. You are good !!!
Old 02-07-14 | 09:36 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
cutting and welding ... damn Richard , everything looks so easy for you with that fabrication skills of yours. Even freaking turbo exhaust housing vband you replace. You are good !!!
Why thank you sir Gerry If you have the right tools anything is possible! The HF bench belt sander is a big help! Wish I would have gotten it a long time ago that's for sure. Google is also a big help to see how others have gone about doing this type of work. Just copy and paste
Old 02-07-14 | 06:38 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

i have a set of gixxer drew on my car. I love them and I love the fact that I can rebuild them at home with little to no down time. I just wish they had more adjustablity to them like damping and height but they ride so nice.
Old 02-10-14 | 08:36 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jwin
i have a set of gixxer drew on my car. I love them and I love the fact that I can rebuild them at home with little to no down time. I just wish they had more adjustablity to them like damping and height but they ride so nice.
awesome that good to hear. What spring rates did you go with? and how low where you able to get on them? I'm looking to go super low sense Ive got 4" exhaust now and I don't want to deal with scraping all the damn time like it did with the 3". Cant image how the 4" would be lol

I went with 600/325 with TRD TT sway bars.
Old 02-10-14 | 08:54 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Exhaust pretty much done. Just need to weld on some tips and rear mounts to help keep everything in place.

A quick Jig I made up with magnets and such.. Worked out pretty well.

Drivers side section complete.

I noticed that the drivers side is about an inch higher than the passengers side. So ill have to go back and fix that. Spent to much time on this thing for one side to be an inch off. Gots to be fixed.

A shot of some welds. Each pass is getting better and better.

And finally my catch can is finished. Its already out at the polisher so I should have it back soon.
Old 02-10-14 | 02:39 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

I have my 4 inch tucked as much as possible and I'm at little to no gap on Tt wheels. It's pretty freaking low. I'm running 600/325 as well. It rides really well. It's the perfect medium between too stiff and too soft.

Quick Reply: 8052JZ's NA-T Build