Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

8052JZ's NA-T Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-14, 02:17 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TLDriver
pop went the diff... Congrats on killer numbers Richard!
Thanks Eddie! Your car is next!!

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Oh wow 730whp is probably scary fast! You will be putting those r888's to good use.
Those r888's will diffidently come handy at that power!

Originally Posted by 99SC42
Outstanding job buddy, very , very nice! Congrats on the new found power and drive safe!
Thank you good sir! cant wait to pick her up tomorrow morning!

Last edited by 8052JZ; 06-27-14 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-27-14, 02:19 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Oh and here is the dyno sheet...

Old 06-27-14, 06:34 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Nice ... enjoy the boost Richard ! Beware it is addictive though ...
Old 06-30-14, 08:01 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Picked up the car over the weekend and let me just say man that thing is way to much fun! 3rd and 4rth on the highway is just exciting! at 727rwhp its deff a fun car to drive. The car has pretty bad boost creep on the dyno but after I get that sorted out I should be able to make a bit more power. But with being a stock block, not sure how much further I want to push it with out hurting anything.

Also I want to take a quick moment and thank all of those that have helped through out the build. Couldn't of done it with out you folks so thank you, I very much appreciate all the information and suggestions that was given. There will diffidently be more coming!

Here's a short video of doing a pull on the way back from picking up the car. 3rd to 4rth.
Old 06-30-14, 08:13 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Impressive #'s.....Good job on the build...
Old 06-30-14, 08:27 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
There will diffidently be more coming!
It's a disease ... addictive... never satisfied, You keep on spending to get more even if you have nothing more to spend ! My wife had already told me to stop on this 2jzgte craziness ...:4 cars with 2jzgte ... I guess she is right this time ... !
Old 07-01-14, 03:51 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

very addictive lol

Went out for a drive last night and after a good pull the ignitoin started to break up. Ian did notified me that this would happen from time to time and that I should be looking to upgrade the coils. He recommended the AEM/proefi H.O coils which are off a Mercury Marine out bore engine. These are much more powerful than the lq9's and don't have to worry about them over heating at higher rmp.

He's not a fan of the lq9's because of there low dwell setting at higher rmp which is not ideal so so he recommended I go with the AEM/proefi H.O ignition coils instead. But I'm still not sure how they sit inside the head. Guess well have to see....
Old 07-02-14, 04:24 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

car sounds nasty .. love the sound of that turbo spooling up .. great job
Old 07-02-14, 05:10 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My friend has the HO Proefi Coils on his car, and they are bad *** for sure, Undercover performance Makes the Coil bracket to mount them on a tt valve covers.

LQ9 doesn't heat up at higher rpm , they have built in heat sink. the LQ9 have made 2500hp on 2JZ with 3.5ms dwell time and .30 gap on the plugs.

Last edited by 99SC42; 07-02-14 at 06:18 AM. Reason: pics upload
Old 07-02-14, 07:29 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

proefi H.O ignition coils instead. But I'm still not sure how they sit inside the head. Guess well have to see....
Exactly the same ignition setup I was recommended to use . Will set you back around $1300 - $1500 .. I love that proEFI ECU on my MKIV & SC so I want to use all components from proEFI for my current project. No more coil covers. Besides you want the coils exposed to cool them down.

Old 07-02-14, 10:29 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
Exactly the same ignition setup I was recommended to use . Will set you back around $1300 - $1500 .. I love that proEFI ECU on my MKIV & SC so I want to use all components from proEFI for my current project. No more coil covers. Besides you want the coils exposed to cool them down.

The funny thing is, these coils are just rebranded mercury marine IGN-1a coils. Proefi/aem adds the sticker to them along with a heavy price tag.

If you do a search on google you can find these coils for about 70$ a peice which is much better than the 199.99 tag that proefi puts on lol. My buddy can get these at this price directly from Aem which I'll probably go with. Only thing setting me back is having them exposed as pictured. For me, I like a clean looking bay with not much going on. BUT, I do have an idea playing around in my head that will still allow me to cover them up with out hurting its performace. Just have to pull the trigger an get a set.
Old 07-03-14, 07:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

The funny thing is, these coils are just rebranded mercury marine IGN-1a coils. Proefi/aem adds the sticker to them along with a heavy price tag.

If you do a search on google you can find these coils for about 70$ a peice which is much better than the 199.99 tag that proefi puts on lol. My buddy can get these at this price directly from Aem which I'll probably go with. Only thing setting me back is having them exposed as pictured. For me, I like a clean looking bay with not much going on. BUT, I do have an idea playing around in my head that will still allow me to cover them up with out hurting its performace. Just have to pull the trigger an get a set.
True they are rebadged. Be careful though , the older and cheaper ones only outputs 105 joules while the High Outputs are 205 joules.

I know they being on top of the valve covers do not look so pleasing to the eye . I like the beastly look though. For my current project Red Mamba TWO , I would like it to have a simple but MEAN / BEASTLY looking engine bay.... everything for big hp since my stroker motor is on the works. . I will leave the Red Mamba ONE to get the bling blings .
Old 07-03-14, 08:50 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gerrb
True they are rebadged. Be careful though , the older and cheaper ones only outputs 105 joules while the High Outputs are 205 joules.

I know they being on top of the valve covers do not look so pleasing to the eye . I like the beastly look though. For my current project Red Mamba TWO , I would like it to have a simple but MEAN / BEASTLY looking engine bay.... everything for big hp since my stroker motor is on the works. . I will leave the Red Mamba ONE to get the bling blings .
You know I'm starting grow on the coils being on top... doesn't look all to bad but beastly like you said lol might have to consider doing it that way if my idea does pan out. I guess I really just wanted to keep my nicely polished billet cover :/

I ordered the AEM set sense they are cheaper 420$ shipped. I should have them sometime next week. Stay tuned!
Old 07-09-14, 03:51 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

So I now have a question. I noticed that I'm starting to get small puddles of oil...... at first I thought it was the rear output shaft seal of the trans but than while i was polishing an cleaning up the bay I noticed a puddle underneath the crank pulley area and now I'm thinking its the front main seal. But I will double check to see if its the front main or output shaft that's leaking sense the car was moved a few times from when I noticed the puddle.

I've read alot of guys having this problem but really no fix to it. What have most done about this issues? Any suggestions from folks that have dealt with this?

Here's a few resent pics

Old 07-10-14, 04:50 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You did an Outstanding job on this Car , make me wanna build one just like it!!

Do what we had talked about yesterday it will same you some time.

Proefi has 2 types of HO coils, the first version and the 2nd which is the lastest version ..

Quick Reply: 8052JZ's NA-T Build