Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

BOOSTED my ego! HeyArms' Supercharger thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-12, 10:03 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by blitz_714
Looking good heyarms, what happen to those ECU tuners in Houston ? havent heard from them . Any up date ?
Thanks!
They're still at it. I don't think any major updates lately, but they're still confident and spending the money to try their best to make it happen
Old 12-04-12, 07:19 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Most nitrous now a days doesn't require a button to activate. It will automatically activate at a certain RPM. I was in the same boat as you. I wanted extra power for drag racing and the additional daily power and thought nitrous was the most feasible option because of cost and WHP yield.

Anyways, I would be interested in some dyno # and time slips.

Found this pretty sick supercharged IS250.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEKiyiCr4Cc
Are u sure is it IS250?? I see the brake caliper look like IS350... Maybe he upgrade bigger brake.. Maybe Im wrong or right
Old 01-13-13, 04:18 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Be on the lookout for post-boost dyno numbers this week, finally motivating myself and have the time to get it done this week!

PS: still no issues and loving every minute of it still just not looking forward to my first Procharger oil change... It's going to be a PITA for sure!
Old 01-13-13, 11:53 PM
huystAr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great progress on your car and I can't wait to see those numbers!
Old 01-15-13, 04:34 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Well guys, results are FINALLY here...

+49.3whp, uncorrected
+43.3whp , SAE corrected

There we have it, just as it's always been said to produce, but I've added my dyno sheets to the first post.
Old 01-15-13, 04:39 PM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Well guys, results are FINALLY here...

+49.3whp, uncorrected
+43.3whp , SAE corrected

There we have it, just as it's always been said to produce, but I've added my dyno sheets to the first post.
I'm happy for you, Adam! Damn good numbers and that's without meth! You gotta be happy with the added power and butter smooth pull! Good stuff!
Old 01-15-13, 04:40 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well props to you for doing this mod, doing it right and being honest with the numbers!!
Old 01-15-13, 06:19 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikellucci
I'm happy for you, Adam! Damn good numbers and that's without meth! You gotta be happy with the added power and butter smooth pull! Good stuff!
Oh yea, definitely happy with it!

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Well props to you for doing this mod, doing it right and being honest with the numbers!!
Thanks, that's all I really wanted; to contribute to the forum another member successfully boosting and show my gains. I'm just sad there isn't much left to do now. I guess save for the next gen F and garage this one. Haha
Old 01-15-13, 08:01 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

awesome man, ive enjoyed this thread. i know thats what youve gained, whats' the total hp and tq numbers? Good job on the car.
Old 01-15-13, 10:12 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man you took the risk and went against the odds, I've driven an LMS supercharged 2IS before and the BOV sound alone is worth it LOL congrats again

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
awesome man, ive enjoyed this thread. i know thats what youve gained, whats' the total hp and tq numbers? Good job on the car.
I think stock to the wheels is about 170 +/- he should be over 200 now.
Old 01-16-13, 05:44 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
Thanks! I put the dyno graphs on the first page, but i guess i'll throw them here too. Max whp of 229, max torque of 212, uncorrected.

Uncorrected gains +49.3whp
Attachment 501090

Corrected gains +43.4whp
Attachment 501091

Again, this was done on a dynojet with 4000lb rollers which is said to produce lowery than normal numbers (my gains would be mostly unaffected, but the max whp would supposedly be higher on a different dyno). Take it with a grain of salt, I'm not here to discuss dynos or pad my stats, these are my gains and there's not much else to do. Meth/water injection is my last performance mod I will do when spring rolls around.

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Congrats man you took the risk and went against the odds, I've driven an LMS supercharged 2IS before and the BOV sound alone is worth it LOL congrats again

I think stock to the wheels is about 170 +/- he should be over 200 now.
It's true, just hearing it while driving and knowing i gained something out of it makes it worth it. I didnt have a completely stock run on the dyno i used, but seems like 170ish is average. This shop keeps telling me their numbers are lower on their dyno though, so this spring theres a few dyno meets at a different shop (different dyno), i may do some pulls to just compare the max whp produced, because the baseline i did was with intake, headers and exhaust and was only 179whp. I have a friend who said his car stock dyno's around 180whp. haha different dyno's i know, but still makes me wonder if this dyno does produce the 12% or so lower numbers they claim or not.
Old 01-16-13, 07:37 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah, I'd think your max whp should be around 250 or so. In any case, excellent job
Old 01-16-13, 07:43 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Adam, I'm curious as I like to compare experiences with the few of us that are boosted and have learned about the cars real world behavior as such-

How was your A/F throughout the curve? Any jumps or erratic behavior nearing 7psi? Did you see consistent 10's or did the stock ecu manage to break 11's delivering the power? If you were in the 10s theres def. a good bit more power to squeeze out with a map ecus fuel control. This car's sweet spot is borderline lean!

Also, did they data log for you and provide output on your injector duty cycles? Just curious how the is250 does with duty cycle percentages on the +43 whp.
Old 01-16-13, 08:52 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 06isDriver
yeah, I'd think your max whp should be around 250 or so. In any case, excellent job
Thanks for the support

Originally Posted by mikellucci
Adam, I'm curious as I like to compare experiences with the few of us that are boosted and have learned about the cars real world behavior as such-

How was your A/F throughout the curve? Any jumps or erratic behavior nearing 7psi? Did you see consistent 10's or did the stock ecu manage to break 11's delivering the power? If you were in the 10s theres def. a good bit more power to squeeze out with a map ecus fuel control. This car's sweet spot is borderline lean!

Also, did they data log for you and provide output on your injector duty cycles? Just curious how the is250 does with duty cycle percentages on the +43 whp.
Well... my PLX boost module fried (it came unplugged while on, i plugged it back in, heard a pop and it stopped working... ) and I actually still have not installed the wideband. I'm horrible, i know The boost gauge was in and working for a while, so i can confirm I'm running 7 pounds of boost though. I was really just tired of not having dyno results, and a friend called me out on being "that guy" on the forum who boosts, and disappears without results so i just went and dyno'ed.

So, sad to say, i dont have those figures Mike. The exhaust outlet A/F during dyno (which isnt very accurate) spiked around 15, which is worrisome but it only came in at hight RPM's. I drive it aggressively, but I'm not redlining the car and I've never had the car go into limp mode on me. I've driven close to 4,000 miles now.

I will try to upload a video of my dyno too My BOV may need work or a new one still too. There's too much "shudder" which is likely compressor surge, but when installing we tested it and the BOV did just shudder and you could feel it purging the pressure. It just worries me, i dont want to destroy the blower internals.
Old 01-16-13, 08:40 PM
350PsDMeuP
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats bro and your in Houston right?

Quick Reply: BOOSTED my ego! HeyArms' Supercharger thread